“Typical Perkins” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Sarasota
“Typical Perkins”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Being attached to the Quality Inn was nice so we didn't have to go out in the elements. Food is what one would expect in this type of place, nothing memorable. Our young server tried very hard to please...she's still learning. The best part of the meal were the fresh cookies we bought(buy 3, get 3 free) to take back to our room! Perkins had a (senior?)special that Wednesday night - 50% off the meals!

Visited May 2012

Argyle, New York
“Quick bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Excellent service from Tashina. Food was quick and filling no complaints from the hubby. He had chicken fried steak I had the taco pablano soup wich was a little to spicy for me as I just had surgery. Prices are fair at Perkins and food is always good.

Visited March 2012
“Nasty!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Had to leave. Bathrooms disgusting. Overall dirty. Never got to eat. Wanted to order part of a meal with one biscuit instead of two and no sides, and they were going to charge more than the meal.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Avoid at All Costs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Ate dinner here one nite while passing through from Florida to Philadelphia. It was horrible. There were only 3 other couples in the restaurant, that should have been a giveaway. I like Perkins and have eaten in them for years and this is the only one I would avoid. The server was surly and didn't seem to care. The food arrived cold and looked unappealing. It tasted just like it looked. There are other restaurants near by I will visit them next trip.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“Avoid Ashland, VA & Perkins at I-95S (Exit 92?)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife convinced me to travel 60-miles down I-95 from Alexandria, VA just to visit Perkins in Ashland, VA because of her 10-year old memory of their Mammoth Muffins. However, when we arrived at the Perkins, although we were the only customers in the Restaurant, after we sat at the table the rude, 'zombie-like' waitress gave no greeting but asked "what do you want to drink?". When we ordered Dessert and Coffee, she departed without comment and returned and put the Bill on the table even before delivering our food/drinks. Then she stood at the kitchen door with her 4-waitress friends and ignored us for 25-minutes. The Muffins were unreasonably small, the coffee cold, the Berry Pie was a tiny sliver of squished pie. On the door was a notice that stated 18% Gratuity on top of 10% Tax (5% just for Ashland Town)...28% Tax/Tip for bad service? We were told that Ashland government decided to tax the tourists coming down I-95 to increase their government salaries; she said Ashland people never eat at Restaurants anyway. My wife said Perkins is so rude and Terrible Value she never wants to come again. As a town, Ashland, VA is nothing more than a corrupt and festering pimple on the arrse of I-95 South, which should be avoided at all costs.Certainly the Perkins Restaurant should be shunned. Lets start a campaign...as you bypass Ashland, VA for any better town, throw them the finger for all of us Travelers being cheated by these Taxes.

• Visited January 2011