“best hotel close to kings dominion for rate we paid” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
newport news,va
“best hotel close to kings dominion for rate we paid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Clean room, very inexpensive price... $50/night, fitness center, great complimentary deluxe breakfast w/ hot waffles and a staff that was friendly and helpful....thank you . Yes, this hotel still looks new, is kept very clean. It sits off the road so, it's quiet for the light sleeper. it is not far at all from kigs dominion. many food place close by.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I have stayed in several of the hotels in Ashland. I have friends that live there. I have said there were no clean hotels there but I finally found a very nice one. Very pleasant, with great lighting, new ironing board and everything worked well. I would certainly recommend this one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
102barrington lane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I was there for two night. I had suites room.It was very spacias and with fridge micro and all other features.Hotel look very beautiful from outside. I had a good time at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

Pretty standard fare for a budget price hotel, but a bit better than most.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We never stayed at Howard Johnson this is first time we stayed this hotel is very good it looks good clean very good staff good breakfast with fresh waffles

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
WINTER HAVEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Last year we stayed in this Inn for 20 days and it was good. This year we stayed two nights and it was really good. Joyce on the desk was friendly and helpful and also Johnny was helpful. the breakfast have improved and the whole Inn was cleaner, quiet and enjoyable. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

First of all i would like to say that check your prices. I called this motel 3 times and was given different rates every single time. It was if they were running their own private motel. The hotel could do better and provide more service. I decided to stay here from my commute to Flordia. It was late evening when we checked in, and the first impression I had was OKAY. The hotel was diffcult to find, its on a back street and the directions were not clear. When you pull up to the hotel, the outside was beautiful and it looked cozy. When I walked in the lobby to check-in, the lobby smelled like CURRY, I had a guy name John or Johnny check me in. Here is a part where the price issue played in. I was given a lower rate few days back when i called and when i went to check in he give me a higher rate. I was tired from driving all day so i just paid the money and didnt want to argue. He gave me a room facing the Highway so i asked him again to put me on the other side of the highway. we were on the second floor and to my surprise the room was very clean, smelled nice, the bathtub was the cleanest i had seen at a mid-scale motel. The housekeepers did an excellent job cleaning the room and no dust to be found. The next day morning when we went down for breakfast it was okay - limited breakfast, no bread or oatmeals so much for a deluxe continental breakfast. I'm sure they can provide better. When we went to checkout there was this lady sitting there who couldnt speak or understand what I was saying and all I wanted was a receipt.
I think the management need to do a better job at managing this motel. Completely Unprofessional would never again stay at this motel again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites/Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!