“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Suzanne's. The first visit was during the summer of 2012. My friends and I all enjoyed the fresh ingredients and had a nice experience. My second visit was this February. The quiches in the case looked delightful, as did the broccoli. I chose the mushroom and spinach quiche. My friend chose the broccoli quiche. About 1/3 through our quiches we both put our forks down. The pastry was tough and soggy (I believe they warm them in a microwave). Both of us detected a decidedly fishy taste. The broccoli marinated in Italian dressing was acceptable. I will probably pass on another meal here. We have so many excellent restaurants in the Richmond, VA area that I will opt for one where my food has been consistently excellent.

Ashland, VA
“Best lunch place ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This informal little lunch spot has amazing quiches, sandwiches, side dishes and desserts. Suzanne is a high end caterer, and it shows in the tasty dishes she offers here (the crab quiche is irresistible). It's like a deli, with cases of delicious food to choose from, so you can see the abundance of choices.

The little dining room with its mismatched furniture overlooks the railroad tracks in the historic part of town, and during nice weather there are small tables out on the sidewalk. It's perfect for lunch with friends, but it's a good idea to arrive a bit early, as it can get crowded.

Visited November 2012
Virginia
“Complete Thanksgiving Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After the death of family members getting out of bed that first big holiday is hard, that said we had our Thanksgiving dinner completed catered. Included was Pumpkin Bisque with Candied Walnuts, Sundried Tomato & Bacon Spread with Flatbread, Cranberry Walnut Sald, Homemade Sweet Dills, 12lb. Whole Roaast Turkey with Panned Gravy, Herb Turkey Dressing, Thin Sliced Country Ham, Yukon Golden Mashed Potatoes, Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole, Haricot Vert Green Beans Homemade Dinner Rolls, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Cranberry Apple Bread Pudding.
We ordered dinner for 10 because we know how good the food is. We picked it up Wednesday afternoon, heated and it was heaven. For our lunch on pickup day we had homemade egg salad and shrimp salad with greek side sald.
When it doubt, or just need a break Suzanne's is the winner for us!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Virginia
“Place is so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had lunch that was brought to me by co-worker. I had chicken salad sandwich, some kind of black bean salad and key lime pie. The sandwich I could have done better at home. The bean salad was ok and the pie was really good. Not sure about price because I didnt have to pay. I hear that the place has really good food but not this time. I would probly not spend my money there to find out if they were having a off day but if its free again I will give it another try. Oh almost forgot the pickles on the side were awesome.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ashland,VA
“Good enough for Mitt, good enough for you?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food is very good. No question. Come for the shrimp salad, stay for the Republican vibe. Convenient to the RR station and other restaurants. Parking freely available in other businesses' lots. Even if they don't want you there.

Visited August 2012