“We Would Stay Here Again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Lancaster County, PA
“We Would Stay Here Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This Country Inns and Suites in Hanover was a one-night I-95 overnight stop. It was opened in the summer of 2012 and is still very fresh and new looking. The bedding is super comfortable. The rooms are a good size with modern baths, and the large flat screen TVs are nice. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room is very convenient.

The staff is especially helpful and friendly. Dave at the front desk and Marsha who is in charge of the breakfast room were both delightful. Marsha is a charming lady who dispenses hugs as well as managing the breakfast offerings. What a nice way to start the day! Even a room attendant that we passed in the hall was cheery and greeted us with a happy smile and a “good morning.”

For us there were just a few minor negatives. The hotel is in an area that does not have a lot of restaurants or stores. However, there is a pretty good Fish Company restaurant located in a Bass Pro Shop nearby. We enjoyed our casual meal there and loved looking around the shop afterwards. Quite a different, fun experience!

Another small negative is that the HVAC system is unpredictable. We needed to set the temperature in our room at about 80 to have it warm and comfortable.

Also, initially I had a hard time connecting to the internet. (When traveling I have never before had this problem with my laptop.) After a call to their provider, the" access point" was reset and this seemed to fix the problem.

In spite of these very small inconveniences, we would definitely recommend this hotel as a good stopover when traveling I-95.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back up to Jersey from Charleston. We choose this Country Inn based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The indoor pool was perfect for the kids to release their energy after being pent up in the car all day. The hot tub was the perfect temperature for the adults after driving all day. The hot breakfast was just what we needed before heading back on the road. The room was very clean. My only complaint is that the wifi was very weak. It was ok for retrieving email but couldn't get netflix or even facebook, but it was free. Overall, it was a great value. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Boones Mill, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The good things started at check in with a friendly and prompt Lisa Crawford. The room was spotless and the bed slept excellent, but why not, with six pillows. I had a relaxing time in the pool and whirlpool which had perfect temps. I was checked on by Nilan Patel and Taworia Davis who were very interested if I was enjoying my stay. The breakfast the next morning was excellent and I'm glad to say I received a hug from Alison Coleman to help me on my way. Overall, I would say this hotel would be an excellent choice for anyone in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pennington,NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This Manager made a verbal promise to give us a room for $84. The hotel is new and fairly empty so she does need the business. On the internet, as with many other hotels, the price said more. Since she verbally told me a rate, I agreed to stay there! Beware, we got conned. There are plenty of other hotels to stay at but I have never been swindled by the verbal con and it was pure and simple "a Con". Other hotels that I've called to get the best price who need business have honored what they say. This person did not and would not after speaking to her. Beware of the verbal "switch and bait". She needs the business and should give everyone a good rate, especially when you tell her that she said one price. She quoted "internet" prices after refusing to give the credit due. We will be reporting her also to our Credit Card company because we travel a lot as you can see by my extensive contributions and she purposely did Nothing because she wanted the extra money and knew we were not local. She doesn't understand that most people are traveling through and Yes, they talk. I was extremely disappointed in how she handle this and did nothing for her customer. She's only interested in your money, not customer satisfaction. We stay at many hotels and when they give us a good price, they stand by it. She acted like we wanted a different room and I could tell she was "trying" to portray a misunderstanding. There was no misunderstanding. I will never stay here again. They know we are calling and looking at many options, not just one! She failed miserably even after my call to correct her overcharge. The Head Office is going to hear about it next, as is my credit card. We left very displeased with the "solution", which was to screw us out of $30. I won't be back and it's a shame. The place was clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest NatureFreak

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews of my hotel. As explained your reservation was made for a Standard King upon arrival you requested to upgrade/move to a Suite with Two Queen Beds as you now had three children traveling with you- for this room type there is an additional fee. We have by no means scammed you out of your money but simply provided the accommodations required at a rate set in advance which was explained to you. Please be advised that is certainly not our policy to pull any type of "switch and bait" on any of our guests. Thank you for your business and we look forward to accommodating you if ever in the Ashland, VA area again.

Cordially,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We left Charleston SC without a reservation expecting to stop along the way when we felt we could not travel further. We landed at the doorstep of the Country Inn and asked for a room. We got one for $84. Rather empty hotel. Restaurants were a drive away for dinner. The price however was right, the bed was large and comfortable, WIFI was free. The breakfast was made exceptional by the wonderful attendant who insisted on a morning hug and exuded happiness. Great way to start the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We travel every year from Syracuse to Myrtle Beach for two weeks. There are 4 adults and 2 children in our group. Virginia has always been a great half way point for us to stop. This is the first time we had stayed at this hotel and we were SO happy that we did. It was clean and check in was very fast. The staff was extremely friendly and we especially loved Miss Marcia and her hugs in the morning. The staff really made us feel like family. The location was easy on and easy off of 95. The hotel is also located within walking distance of an awesome Bass Pro Shops. We will definitely be staying here again and highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
The pool and work out area were very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Amy A.,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites of Hanover on your annual trip to Myrtle Beach. I am certainly happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were treated to a morning hug from Ms Marsha. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next rip to SC.

Thanks,

Ashland/Hanover, VA
Central Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stopped at Country Inn and Suites as a halfway point on a trip to the Outer Banks from Pennsylvania on a Friday night. I am a fan of the chain, but this one was exceptional. Extremely clean and the staff was ultra friendly. In the morning at breakfast a woman came around to each table — Marsha I believe her name was — and hugged everyone because she said, "every day should begin with a hug." The food was hot and eggs even tasted like "real" eggs. Next door was a Bass Pro Shop with a wonderful Fish Company restaurant that we ate at. Again food and service were exceptional. It is right off I-95, but not at a major exit so it is a little remote, but we will plan to stay there again. Plus we are Club Carlson member and got a king room for only $55 and some points! Great Job Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest loose cannons,

Ms. Marsha's hugs are certainly are great way to start the day..so happy to get one every morning from her. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Hanover. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to see you again when passing through the central VA area.

Cordially,

Ashland/Hanover, VA

Been to Country Inn & Suites Hanover? Share your experiences!