“Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

When I booked my room I mentioned off hand that I was coming from some training for work and that this was my halfway point to home. As soon as I walked into the hotel I was greeted by an extremely friendly staff member. She informed me that since they knew my situation that they put me in a quiet part of the hotel away from a baseball team they had booked. I was more than appreciative. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and accommodating.

The rooms are gorgeous and obviously new. Fridge and microwave are in cabinets underneath the TV. The bathroom is bigger than most hotel bathrooms with great counter space.

The location is right off the highway, but in an area that wasn't as busy, which I liked. It isn't far at all from food or gas stations though.

Overall, an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our brand new facilities. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the room amenities available to our guests. Im glad to hear that my fantastic staff was accommodating and you were well taken care of while here.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Ashland, VA area.

Cordially,

Nilam Patel
Country Inn & Suites Hanover, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were here for a short weekend getaway to visit kings dominion, which is only a 10 min. drive up the interstate. The hotel is brand new, easy to locate, and full of beautiful decor. We enjoyed fresh cookies all day long, a full hot breakfast each day, a well kept heated indoor pool and jacuzzi, and beautiful clean rooms.I can't say enough about the entire staff: Ashley, Jessica, Ashley's mother (can't remember her name, but very pleasant) and Ms. Marsha who attended the breakfast area....always a kind word, gave us plenty of ideas of things to do, and just plain friendly! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Ms Jodie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your feedback is very important and helpful to us in our daily operations. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to my entire staff. Once again, we appreciate your kind words about the hotel and we hope to see you again someday when your travels bring you back to the Ashland, VA area.

Thanks
Country Inn & Suites
Hanover, VA
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed here last night, and absolutely every aspect of my experience was phenominal. I arrived late at night, and the desk clerk was ever so helpful and personable, even offering coffee or hot water for tea. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The room was spotless, and the whole property looked very nice and well tended.

Breakfast was excellent, and the hostess was every bit as personable and helpful as the clerk last night. She offered to bring me anything I missed, and was just plain hospitable. The staff I interacted with were well trained and concientious... they really seemed to enjoy their jobs and treated the guests well.

I needed to hit a store when I left, and the front desk had prepared slips with directions to the types of places guests might need- the nearest Target, Walmart, grocery store, etc... very helpful.

I would recommend this establishment to anyone I wished a good stay to!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear STVU Student,

Thank you for posting your kind remarks....we certainly appreciate your feedback about the hotel and I will be sure to pass on your comments to my incredible staff members. I would like to personally thank you for choosing the brand new Country Inn & Suites of Hanover and we all hope to see you again someday when your travels bring you back to the area!

Cordially,

CIS Hanover
Smithfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I booked a room online for the Country Inn & Suites for last Saturday evening. It was adjacent to the I-95 and within walking distance of the new Bass Pro Shop in Ashland. The staff was very professional and, being new, the hotel was in top notch shape. I needed to checked in a little early, but they manager on duty was more than willing to accomodate me. As usual, no surprises here. Country Inn & Suites always provides a great value for the dollar!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel may be a bit quieter than on the side nearer I-95. Also, don't f...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. The feedback is certainly appreciated and I am glad to hear my staff was accommodating and you had a pleasant stay. I personally thank you for your business and hope to see again someday when your travels bring you back to the Ashland, VA area.

Nilam Patel
Country Inn & Suites Hanover
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011 via mobile

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to take the leap of faith and book this hotel for our trip home to N.J. I am now their biggest fan! The bed was great, the room sparkling clean and really nice amenities in the bathroom. The free breakfast was the same quality we had paid $20 for a day earlier. Super quiet, a lending library (cool novelty), great coffee and, of course the cookies! Lisa was on duty when we checked in and even called us to make sure the room was OK. Super, super, super!

• Stayed December 2011
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hanover, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments regarding our hotel, your input is appreciated! On behalf of myself and my entire staff...Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites - Hanover, VA!!
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Only a few months old and our room was very nice and clean. We like the arrangement of the breakfast location and the food was about the same of many others in this chain. Bed was comfortable and bathroom pretty much average. Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the freeway. Freeway noise pretty bad in the morning and early...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for posting!!! We appreciate you choosing Country Inn & Suites - Hanover!!! We look forward to hosting you again!
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This was our overflow location for this year's family Thanksgiving, and it just couldn't have been nicer. Everything is new and clean, nice hot breakfast in the morning, staff was completely helpful, the wireless Internet access was actually hi-speed and super easy to connect to, nice bathroom with one of those extended-out shower curtains, big screen TV. There were two TVs in our suite--the suite turned out to be perfect for times when the family all wanted to be together.

Hints and tips: This place has a Hanover address, but it's frequently listed as an Ashland hotel. Fortunately, there's only one Country Inn & Suites in the immediate area, so you won't accidentally get the wrong one. The location is actually one exit south of the Ashland exit (i.e., closer to Richmond)--very convenient to get to off I-95. Also, when looking for the best price, be sure to check for specials on the Country Inn & Suites Web site, as well as the usual search sites. We found some great special deals--it definitely paid off to do that extra bit of searching.

P.S. One of the early reviews describes a bunch of missing amenities (with the manager saying those would all get fixed). Just to follow up, all those things were certainly fixed by the time we got there. This is definitely a new hotel ... when you call them on the phone, they answer "the New Country Inn & Suites."

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read comments such as yours!!! We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Hanover area.

On behalf of myself and my entire staff.....Thank you for choosing the Brand New Country Inn & Suites of Hanover, VA!!!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Hanover? Share your experiences!