“Great little Thai spot in the country, of all places!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Richmond, Virginia
“Great little Thai spot in the country, of all places!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am currently eating (slurping) some Pho-to-go at my desk from Thai Gourmet which prompted me to write this review. I work in the Air Park area in Richmond and have been grabbing lunch from here for a few months now. I am so happy I discovered it. The food is delicious (I have had their Pad Thai, the Mussaman Curry, and the pineapple fried rice) and while the restaurant itsself is a little small, it's always super clean when I go in there, and the staff is very friendly. The owner always has a smile on his face and goes above and beyond to help me with my order and make sure I am getting exactly what I want. Oh, and the apps are yummy too. The dumplings and the crispy egg rolls are delish. This place definitely rivals some of the more popular spots in Richmond.

• Visited January 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“I LOVE this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I used to live in the Kings Charter subdivision near Thai Gourmet. We have since moved to KY but continue to eat here when we return for business and pleasure. The owner is super friendly and even recognized us after not seeing us for over a year! They have the best Pad Thai! It's great that you can order your dish to the desired level of spiciness. If you aren't sure how spicy you like it you can order only one or two peppers and get some extra on the side! When visiting this restaurant keep your eyes peeled for it's small signs. It isn't very easy to spot from Sliding Hill Rd because it's located on the street leading into the subdivision.

Richmond
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great food, we keep stopping for lunch when in the area, the food is consistent and the owner is wonderful but you have to watch when you order if you do not want the food too spicy tell him 1/2 a pepper or 1 pepper max.

Richmond, Virginia
“good food, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is delicious and well prepared. The staff and owners are wonderful and attentive. I have eaten there a few different times and never had a bad experience. The dumplings that I just had there there killer and so good with a touch of the spicy sauce. I will definitely continue to eat there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great service, good food for our large group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We made reservations for dinner over the Labor Day weekend for 5 families (21 adults/children). We accounted for more than half the seats in the restaurant. They was very flexible with the table arrangements as we had to move them about a couple of times due to the kids wanting to sit together and the dads with dads and moms with moms etc. They were very patient and made sure that we were comfortable and happy with the seating arrangements.

Taking orders was equally challenging as there were 3 batches - children's orders, men's and the ladies' - the latter 2 wanting family style food sharing etc. Again, they took our orders patiently. All orders came out as ordered and was hot and good tasting.

Throughout the dinner, they were very attentive, topping up our waters (important for the spicy dishes), providing us multiple request for condiment etc.

Overall, dinner was very pleasant and did not take too long despite the huge crowd. Service was excellent, food was good and overall bill was reasonable.

Will definitely return if we are in the area again.

• Visited September 2012