“Fantastic Burgers, Chicken Not So Much” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 154 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Leesburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Burgers, Chicken Not So Much”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have returned to Burger 21 several times since it opened as we work around the corner.

Orders are placed at the counter when you walk in using menus that are picked up at the door (it would be nice to have a large menu to look at for those of us who need reading glasses which are sometimes forgotten). You are given a number to take to a table and a server brings the meal to you. Very prompt service and it is nice to have the meal brought to the table as opposed to the Fuddruckers method of going to retrieve everything while trying to save the table.

The 'Shroom Burger is delicious. The Mexican Haystack is awesome. Tried the sweet potato fries and they, too, are excellent. Tried the Chicken Marsala burger and I was not as excited about it as I was the burgers. The flavor was good, the chicken was just too thick for my liking.

The sauce bar is fun, try them all for something different and to keep the kids occupied. I love the Thai ketchup.

The price is a dollar or 2 higher than other burger joints, but this is Ashburn and they have to pay the rent. Because of the uniqueness of the offerings, I think it was worth it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Great Tasting Burgers, Great Service, a little pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I stopped at the new Burger 21 in Ashburn for a late dinner. The facility was clean and the staff were very friendly. Although they had a steady stream of customers, the food service was fairly quick. I had a "Shroom Burger" which was juicy, hot, and very flavorful. My husband had the "OMG burger", which he said was "very messy, but delicious". We both had regular fries, which were fine, but not overwhelming. They also offer sweet potato fries, which we did not try, but which would explain the unique "toasted marshmallow mayonnaise" found in their "sauce bar".

They do offer a variety of sauces. We liked the Thai ketchup, but it didn't go very well with the fries. Our favorite was the Rajin Cajun, which added flavor, but not too much spice.

They also offer shakes which looked great, but we did not try them.

It was a little on the high $$ side, but given the location (the soon to be new terminus of the metro line) the prices probably are not out of line. For the two burgers (mine was about $8, and the OMG was about $12), two sides of regular fries, a fountain drink, and a fountain water (no charge), the bill was around $29.

I was very impressed by two things - there was a public access hand-washing station available, and with every burger order, they asked if it was going to be gluten free.

Overall, the experience was quite good. The facility is relatively small, so I would not visit at a peak time. The meat (and all the ingredients, really), seemed very fresh and well prepared. A great place to grab a slower than fast-food burger to satisfy hungry tummies!

• Visited May 2014