“Above and beyond our expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodstock, Virginia
“Above and beyond our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

If I could give this hotel a 10 out 10 rating I would . From the minute we arrive to the moment we check out there was nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. When we first checked in my husband and I went up to the room and noticed the hot tub in our room was too small, so we went to the desk simply asking to downgrade to a normal suite. However, the manager on duty would not allow this instead she gave us one of the corner suites room. Which was so big and both of us was impressed with this service. Our room was nice and clean, plenty of towels, really comfortable bed, with plenty of pillow. Also the room was very spacious, it did not feel like a normal hotel room. We then went to check out the other hotel amenities, nice clean pool and hot tub, the gym was also clean and decent equipment. Next was the manager reception/ dinner cause we got the romance package. BOY WE WERE IMPRESS WITH THIS. There was nice snacks and unlimited drinks ( which included alcohol). Never did we ever see this at another hotel. The bartender was also very friendly. Also the Gentlemen, waiting on us from dinner, I sadly can not remember his name, was so nice and helpful. He even gave us a dessert cause we were celebrating our anniversary. In the morning we felt like we were at a diner with the breakfast we received, plenty of hot foods to choose from, plus made to order omelets. One thing I would like to really point out is that all the staff who we came across was very friendly and made you feel welcome. I was so impressed with this hotel and overall experience. I felt that they went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. You bet we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Room was not made up (no linen service, bathroom cleaning, garbages emptied) after first day (stayed two days). We called housekeeping twice and all that happened was that new towels were delivered to room while we were out for dinner. Old towls left on floor, no new shampoo or other items provided. First time in years that I didn't leave a tip for housekeeping. On arrival no one told us that we needed to provide our Hilton Honors account number to get internet. I logged on and charged it to the room and then spoke to front desk the next day and gave them my HH number. When I inquired about removing charge internet she muttered something about this only being for gold honors members but she's take it off the bill anyway which she did. Probably not the greatest way of dealing with this. At check out when we inquired about "finality" of printed bill received repeat useless explanation of this being the "charge to this point" and never could get a straight answer as to whether there would be additional charges added later. Remote control for TV was broken - took two calls to desk to get it replaced. Worst overall experience ever at Embassy suites - don't know if this is a local issue but I'm very unlikely to stay at this one again (or recommend it to anyone since we have lots of family who stay in area regularly).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Embassy Suites Dulles North. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced with the Internet and housekeeping. I will certainly share your comments with the staff and also review the Internet log in page making changes deemed necessary to make them more user friendly
Portsmouth, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I always enjoy Embassy Suites because of the roomy accommodations, cooked to order breakfast and manager's reception. This stay was made even better by the stationery bike in my guest room. I really appreciated it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Bowie, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Good place to come and relax. Nice pool and workout area. Very nice staff and very spacious. I would definitely come back again. Would love to have a small personal kitchen though, as I love to cook my own food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time give your great feedback! Please come back and visit us again but if you feel the need to cook! The Homewood Suites adjacent to us has suites that are furnished with full kitchens!. We appreciate your business.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business. The hotel is nice and the rooms are spacious. The staff is very friendly and very willing to fix complaints. The friendly staff is the only reason I continue to give that place my money. If housekeeping were the deciding factor I would never return. They are quick to fix problems with a smile but the rooms are never thoroughly cleaned. I always find something to complain about and I honestly don't go looking, it is obvious and hard to miss ... stray hairs in the beds, in towels, on the bathroom floor, on furniture, greasy remote controls, sticky cup rings, filthy phones etc. Management needs to seriously rethink the housekeeping leadership because that department is clearly lacking. I stayed at a Hampton Inn just 3 days before staying at this Embassy and the Hampton housekeeping put the supposedly more upscale Embassy to shame.
I've seen many children's groups sharing the hotel each time I am there, hockey teams, cheerleader groups, kids touring dc as well as bus tour groups. I have only once experienced trouble and that was with the cheerleader group last year ... they were loud, screaming and disrespectful to the other guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Look forward to serving you again in the future
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I tried this as a hotel for a trip to meetings in DC. The hotel was comfortable and clean, and food was great. Van drivers to the airport were very nice.
The downside is the time it takes, if you want to go downtown. It's a good 2 hour commute each way to take van to IAD, metrobus 5A to Rosslyn and metro into downtown. Thankfully, the bus gets to use HOV lanes to bypass a lot of traffic, but not all the way to Rosslyn. It's a cheap way to go, but you pay in time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts i am happy to very soon the new Silver line Metro will be opening in Reston a short 6 mile ride cutting the time dramatically to downtown
Sierra Vista, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

When I checked into the hotel there were two tour buses unloading with ~75 8th graders and parents checking in. they were in the Washington D.C. area to see our nations capital. By 10 PM the kids were quiet and in the morning the hotel set up a separate area for them to eat breakfast so as not to disturb other hotel members. Good job by this property and the staff to limit conflict between the quests and tour group. The kids did cause some elevator delays but all in all not bad. Hotel was clean, staff very good, and close to Dulles airport and the DC area. Good value, I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

thank for your great review I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff I know they will be appreciated

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles - North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!