“Good” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bowie, United States
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Good place to come and relax. Nice pool and workout area. Very nice staff and very spacious. I would definitely come back again. Would love to have a small personal kitchen though, as I love to cook my own food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time give your great feedback! Please come back and visit us again but if you feel the need to cook! The Homewood Suites adjacent to us has suites that are furnished with full kitchens!. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business. The hotel is nice and the rooms are spacious. The staff is very friendly and very willing to fix complaints. The friendly staff is the only reason I continue to give that place my money. If housekeeping were the deciding factor I would never return. They are quick to fix problems with a smile but the rooms are never thoroughly cleaned. I always find something to complain about and I honestly don't go looking, it is obvious and hard to miss ... stray hairs in the beds, in towels, on the bathroom floor, on furniture, greasy remote controls, sticky cup rings, filthy phones etc. Management needs to seriously rethink the housekeeping leadership because that department is clearly lacking. I stayed at a Hampton Inn just 3 days before staying at this Embassy and the Hampton housekeeping put the supposedly more upscale Embassy to shame.
I've seen many children's groups sharing the hotel each time I am there, hockey teams, cheerleader groups, kids touring dc as well as bus tour groups. I have only once experienced trouble and that was with the cheerleader group last year ... they were loud, screaming and disrespectful to the other guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Look forward to serving you again in the future
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I tried this as a hotel for a trip to meetings in DC. The hotel was comfortable and clean, and food was great. Van drivers to the airport were very nice.
The downside is the time it takes, if you want to go downtown. It's a good 2 hour commute each way to take van to IAD, metrobus 5A to Rosslyn and metro into downtown. Thankfully, the bus gets to use HOV lanes to bypass a lot of traffic, but not all the way to Rosslyn. It's a cheap way to go, but you pay in time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts i am happy to very soon the new Silver line Metro will be opening in Reston a short 6 mile ride cutting the time dramatically to downtown
Sierra Vista, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

When I checked into the hotel there were two tour buses unloading with ~75 8th graders and parents checking in. they were in the Washington D.C. area to see our nations capital. By 10 PM the kids were quiet and in the morning the hotel set up a separate area for them to eat breakfast so as not to disturb other hotel members. Good job by this property and the staff to limit conflict between the quests and tour group. The kids did cause some elevator delays but all in all not bad. Hotel was clean, staff very good, and close to Dulles airport and the DC area. Good value, I will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

thank for your great review I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff I know they will be appreciated
Tampaksiring, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Beautifully appointed lobby greets you as you check in. Friendly staff, fabulous hot breakfast and fun manager's reception. Everything very clean. Lots of room in the suite. The staff was very attentive with one minor problem I had with the key. You're in excellent hands at the Dulles north Embassy Suites.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.
Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Excellent proximity to the Dulles airport without being disturbed by aircraft overhead. All the amenities were nicely maintained by friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff. The surrounding area has ample supply of eateries within a very short distance of the hotel. A short ride in a car will get you to more eateries and a series of popular stores in case you forgot to pack something vital.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Everything about this Embassy Suites is amazing from the large two room suites, to the free breakfast cooked with a smile, to the evening managers happy hour, and a free shuttle to any location within five miles. I stayed here for a month and it was like home to me. The staff makes this hotel great as they go way beyond other hotels in the service they provide. My breakfast was always hot, plentiful and the choices were changed around daily so as to not get old. The shuttle will take you anywhere in the area you want to go, I actually went to the airport twice and to an auto repair shop once. The managers happy hour has free drinks and a variety of snacks, I liked the many beer and ale choices. I do want to single out Tammy who is the front desk manager as she does an outstanding, truly professional job running the desk clerks, her staff always greeted me with a hello and a smile. Tammy also took time to say hello to the guests, making them feel at home be it a single guest or a big party of guest, I would not be surprised to see her as a Hilton hotel manager in the future. Well done Embassy Suites!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
thank you we truly appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. We certainly are proud to have Tammy as a member of our team I will certainly share your feedback with my whole Team

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!