“Good Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fenton, Illinois
“Good Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here with a bus group and we found this hotel to be very acceptable. There were a few issues. If you want a no smoking room be sure you get it on your reservation. Because they were completely full we had a smoking one but it did not bother us really at all. There were buses of kids there but they were well behaved. We are an older group. I was there for the 2nd fire alarm. Not fun at 5:50 in the morning but I made it back to sleep. Beds were so comfortable. Believe me, the food is wonderful. Breakfast is outstanding and evening social time is relaxing and the snacks ate tasty. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor if you want a view of the pretty atrium or a lower floor to be close to the food!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your day to post your review of your recent stay we appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to having you visit us again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

As you walk in, the hotel is very nice and the rooms are big and comfortable. However, the complaints we had was that both rooms we had for our party came with no towels, no soap or shampoo. When we called down saying we need 4 towels per room for each person, they bring up only 1 and said that we'll get the rest tomorrow morning! They also said that we'd get soap tomorrow as well, we had to call front desk three times before we got everything. The continental breakfast the next morning was quite nice with a varied spread. In general, the only problem we had was with housekeeping but other than that it was a nice enough hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure issues like this do not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've stayed here several times on business and in general the hotel is decent. The free breakfast and free happy hour are nice. However, this stay was a disaster. Twice at 5:45/5:50am the fire alarm went off. There was no evacuation coordination, no fire, and no one explained or apologized for all of us being terrifyingly awakened by extremely loud alarms and bright flashing lights. There had been no consideration for a person in a wheelchair on the 6th floor who rode down the elevator. You aren't even supposed to take an elevator during a fire. Why was he on the very top floor? I asked someone in the kitchen and she admitted it was her fault, but joked about it and joke that it was "only two time, THIS week", like it was a silly thing and might happen regularly. Just FYI, I thought their handling of a "fire" was dreadful. If there really was a fire it would be a disaster. If they have regular false alarms, then that is a big problem as well. I plan to find another hotel when I come to the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the disturbances you experienced during your stay with us. We have addressed our staff in regards to your review and the necessary adjustments have been made. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Carlos at the bar is awesome and Margaret at the front desk is very friendly overall this is a very nice hotel I would go back and recommend to others the breakfast is awesome and the managers reception is awesome as well more bang definitely for you buck

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
Bel Air, MD, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Room smelled so bad I was asked by co-worker if smoke was being pumped into the room. The sofa was dirty and stained. I found 'beer pong balls' under the furniture. I felt as if the staff had completely given up on this room. Never had an issue like this at an Embassy Suites before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your guest suite was of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will use your review as a teaching tool as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area
Exeter NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel with a decent exercise room and well maintained pool/spa BUT, while they apparently cater to business travelers during the week, they have EVENTS NEARLY EVERY WEEKEND (this told to me at the front desk). Thursday night there was a large group of 8th graders (not very well supervised, I'm afraid) who literally RAN AROUND the hallways that circle the lovely six story atrium - sometimes screaming! Friday night, someone was throwing something against the outside wall of the building repeatedly, like a basketball? On Saturday night, there was a private party in a room off the Atrium, and we actually couldn't hear them while they were in that room, BUT their food was served in the Atrium, and it was quite loud when they had their meal. About 12:00 midnight, the party started to break up, but it was deafeningly loud for at least another 45 minutes, woke my husband and I up. We really did not get a decent night's sleep the entire three nights we stayed at this Embassy Suites. My mother in law lives in a nearby retirement community and they referred us to this Embassy Suites, where we received a nominal discount. Definitely will NOT stay here again on the weekend. It's too bad, because the staff are nice, the breakfast was much better than several reviewers gave them credit for, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. All in vain, if the Atrium is ringing with loud noise through the night . . . :-(

Room Tip: The rooms on the side where the entrance is can be over the kitchen fans. Perhaps a higher floor (w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
First I want to thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas for improvement. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we certainly do encourage, for guests comfort and safety, that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

i will repeat again. great staff, food, service. very clean and cozy. highly recommended! fast checkout and efficient service. the breakfast is why we always come back. and the managers special as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!