“Very clean hotel very nice people” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now! Save Up To 20%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Very clean hotel very nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Carlos at the bar is awesome and Margaret at the front desk is very friendly overall this is a very nice hotel I would go back and recommend to others the breakfast is awesome and the managers reception is awesome as well more bang definitely for you buck

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bel Air, MD, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Room smelled so bad I was asked by co-worker if smoke was being pumped into the room. The sofa was dirty and stained. I found 'beer pong balls' under the furniture. I felt as if the staff had completely given up on this room. Never had an issue like this at an Embassy Suites before.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your guest suite was of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will use your review as a teaching tool as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area
Exeter NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel with a decent exercise room and well maintained pool/spa BUT, while they apparently cater to business travelers during the week, they have EVENTS NEARLY EVERY WEEKEND (this told to me at the front desk). Thursday night there was a large group of 8th graders (not very well supervised, I'm afraid) who literally RAN AROUND the hallways that circle the lovely six story atrium - sometimes screaming! Friday night, someone was throwing something against the outside wall of the building repeatedly, like a basketball? On Saturday night, there was a private party in a room off the Atrium, and we actually couldn't hear them while they were in that room, BUT their food was served in the Atrium, and it was quite loud when they had their meal. About 12:00 midnight, the party started to break up, but it was deafeningly loud for at least another 45 minutes, woke my husband and I up. We really did not get a decent night's sleep the entire three nights we stayed at this Embassy Suites. My mother in law lives in a nearby retirement community and they referred us to this Embassy Suites, where we received a nominal discount. Definitely will NOT stay here again on the weekend. It's too bad, because the staff are nice, the breakfast was much better than several reviewers gave them credit for, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. All in vain, if the Atrium is ringing with loud noise through the night . . . :-(

Room Tip: The rooms on the side where the entrance is can be over the kitchen fans. Perhaps a higher floor (w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
First I want to thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas for improvement. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we certainly do encourage, for guests comfort and safety, that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

i will repeat again. great staff, food, service. very clean and cozy. highly recommended! fast checkout and efficient service. the breakfast is why we always come back. and the managers special as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the near future
Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel was clean and rooms were quiet. Check in was an issue as there were no rooms available for earely arrival. When I was able to check in, I was assigned the wrong room and key card did not work. Back downstairs with luggage in tow to get the correct room number. other than those issues, the hotel was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I do apologize while we do try to accommodate early check-ins whenever we can there are times depending on check-outs and occupancy the night before this it is not always possible. Possible solutions other guests have found helpful is actually renting the room the night before which will guarantee room availability or having their booking agent put a note in the reservation indicating an early arrival.
Mt Airy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Weekend rates are very reasonable. Hotel offers free parking and complimentary shuttle service within 5 mile radius which includes Dulles airport, Smithsonian Air & Space Museum annex and numerous restaurants. Access to Downtown DC via hotel shuttle and airport shuttle. Complimentary happy hour and breakfast are excellent. Indoor Pool and hot tub for relaxation. Wireless internet is not always free but has excellent speed and coverage. Staff is extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to post the great review of your recent stay we here at the Embassy Suites look forward to serving you again in the near future
Danville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The non-smoking room had clearly been smoked in and then cleaned. It was very tidy, but every time I came back into it - it was very clear. It was late and so I put up with it. The hotel itself is remote, if you are going anywhere other than the cluster of a few restaurants (Five Guys, The V and an Asian food joint) - you need a car. There are no sidewalks locally. On check-out, the lady was kind enough to inquire where I was going, and on hearing I was walking INSISTED that they give me a ride - for safety reasons. She also offered to have the shuttle pick me up when i went to the airport later. This was not only very kind but actually a life-saver. So I'm rating Poor for the room and the location amenities, but Excellent for the service and averaging it out to average.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of the opportunity with your guest room. I shared your feedback with the housekeeping team using it as a training tool. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!