“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, United States
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel was clean and rooms were quiet. Check in was an issue as there were no rooms available for earely arrival. When I was able to check in, I was assigned the wrong room and key card did not work. Back downstairs with luggage in tow to get the correct room number. other than those issues, the hotel was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I do apologize while we do try to accommodate early check-ins whenever we can there are times depending on check-outs and occupancy the night before this it is not always possible. Possible solutions other guests have found helpful is actually renting the room the night before which will guarantee room availability or having their booking agent put a note in the reservation indicating an early arrival.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mt Airy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Weekend rates are very reasonable. Hotel offers free parking and complimentary shuttle service within 5 mile radius which includes Dulles airport, Smithsonian Air & Space Museum annex and numerous restaurants. Access to Downtown DC via hotel shuttle and airport shuttle. Complimentary happy hour and breakfast are excellent. Indoor Pool and hot tub for relaxation. Wireless internet is not always free but has excellent speed and coverage. Staff is extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to post the great review of your recent stay we here at the Embassy Suites look forward to serving you again in the near future
Danville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The non-smoking room had clearly been smoked in and then cleaned. It was very tidy, but every time I came back into it - it was very clear. It was late and so I put up with it. The hotel itself is remote, if you are going anywhere other than the cluster of a few restaurants (Five Guys, The V and an Asian food joint) - you need a car. There are no sidewalks locally. On check-out, the lady was kind enough to inquire where I was going, and on hearing I was walking INSISTED that they give me a ride - for safety reasons. She also offered to have the shuttle pick me up when i went to the airport later. This was not only very kind but actually a life-saver. So I'm rating Poor for the room and the location amenities, but Excellent for the service and averaging it out to average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of the opportunity with your guest room. I shared your feedback with the housekeeping team using it as a training tool. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After 11 hours on the road, we were looking forward to a good night's sleep at The Embassy Suites. We've stayed in others and always enjoy the Manager's Reception and the Breakfast Buffet. We checked in about 5pm and saw an amazing amount of people gathered in the area of the Lobby where the Manager's Reception is held. I asked if it had already started and the front desk clerk told me that it was a wedding group that was having their Reception in one of the Banquet Rooms. They never all really made it into the Reception Room, they had their cocktails in hand! More and more people kept arriving and the noise level kept increasing. We could barely communicate above it all. We left the Hotel around 6:30 to go out to dinner and returned around 8pm. The Wedding guests were all over the lobby, their young children were running everywhere and up and down in the 2 elevators. This hotel is set up with an Atrium and all the rooms overlook it. I guess I don't have to tell you that it was well after midnight by the time things quieted down once the Wedding Reception ended. The echos of happy wedding guests coming to our room on the 5th floor seemed never ending. Bottom line, I think we'll call ahead before staying at any other Embassy Suites that have the Atrium configuration, I'm thinking they all do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
thank you for your feedback the atrium can get a little busy on some weekends. and I do apologize for the Inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

OK business hotel near Dulles Airport. Average rooms, nothing to write home about. They allow smoking in rooms and they smell. I had to argue with the desk clerk to correct, with them claiming my HHONORS profile claimed I always requested smoking rooms. I will stay them when other same brands are not available but it is not a first pick. My preference for business stays is Embassy Suites, just not this one. Disappointing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We would like to start by thanking your for your business and loyalty. However, we apologize for the smoke smell of your suite during your stay. We will work with our team to ensure that we refresh our options and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area. Thank you again
my town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staff was good, rooms were clean and they had smoking permitted rooms, which is always appreciated. Great made to order omelets and plenty of meats at the breakfast buffet. Wonderful waterfall in the Atrium. Getting on the internet is a little tricky and had to be updated daily. Best value and quality we have found close to DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time from your schedule to post the wonderful review of our hotel i will be sure to pass along your comments to my team we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pros-
Great hotel, the room is always clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. The included breakfast is fantastic. Being able to walk to the Brew Pub next door was fantastic.

Cons -
Trying to turn left onto Waxpool Rd. in the morning is an exercise in patience and daring.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
thank you for your kind words about our hotel yes Waxpool can be a challenge at times but i am happy to report a new traffic light is currently in the process of being installedwith work expected to be completed by April 30th!!

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!