“Great Hotel for Business Stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now! Save Up To 20%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Hotel for Business Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall a really great Hotel Experience! I have stayed here 5 times for business and every time it just gets better. They have a excellent breakfast buffet as well. Hotel has shuttle to take you from the airport or to local restaurants and establishments. Super clean and really great service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chandigarh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel was highly recommended if you do business with Verizon which is nearby. It looks very classy and the service is good. But otherwise the experience is very average and simply not worth the price.

Room: Good size with lots of nice features. A plus!

Parking: Fills up fast. Also, this hotel is right on a busy road with no traffic control so getting out in the morning is death-defying.

Food: The menu is what you expect: overpriced but average quality. The free breakfast is okay, but the dining area gets cramped fast and the overall quality and service is below average.

Evening reception: This is the only advantage this hotel has over others nearby. You can get a free drink and light snacks while reading the paper.

Internet: You have to walk down to the lobby to use the internet. They are obviously trying to milk profit out of business travelers who have expense accounts and can get the extra cost approved for in-room internet. But they forget that not everyone has such luxury and that out-fo-date attitude is basically what moved my rating from 4 to 3 stars.

Others: Business center, exercise area and spa are good enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
thank you for taking the time to post your review we value all of our guest feedback and will use it as part of service plan. I am also happy to report the condition described with the busy street will be resolved in April with expected the installation of a new traffic light at our entrance
Summerton, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When we arrived I was struck by the beautiful appearance of the exterior of the hotel. However once inside all that changed. The lobby was old and outdated. The front desk counter had chips and dents in it. The lobby and floors by the elevators were dirty and nasty. The front doors were cloudy instead of clear. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt ashamed that they had to work in such terrible conditions. When I got to my room I was very surprised at how dirty the room was. The room had a bad smell like mold. There was black spots under the sick area and by the toliet could be mold. The wet bar area was dirty and worn. The bedroom had a weird smell and the sheets, pillow cases and blanket were very yellow instead of white. The sofa had wires coming out of it and it looked as though it should have been tossed in the trash like yesterday. I tracked down a housekeeping manager and she seemed not to care as I expressed my concerns. She did not apologize but made excuses. It is very sad that this hotel is in very poor condition. The GM needs to spend less time flirting with the executive housekeeper and focus his efforts into the condition of this property. This is just a thought. Overall the staff is very friendly (except for housekeeping) and they do whatever they can to make it right. However somethings are not in their control such as the condition of the property and housekeeping. This hotel should be apart of the Hilton family it is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators. The corner rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jruedinger, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
With guest feedback being very important to us we use all comments both the positive and negative to evaluate our product and services, i do apologize that in this instance we did not meet your expectations or the standard we have set. Your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping staff using them as a teaching tool in our service plan going forward.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had our family reunion at this location because some family members like the Embassy Suites style while others wanted a full kitchenette room. Because this Embassy suites is linked indoors to the Homewood suites(kitcehnettes), we were able to meet in the middle at the linked indoor swimming pool and enjoy. Clean rooms and great staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
thank you for your wonderful comments I am very happy we could meet your needs both for your Embassy guest aa well as those who enjoyed our sister property Homewood. We look forward to serving you again in the future
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property appears nice enough from the outside and seems well kept on the inside. The staff are all super-nice and helpful as they can be. The property is walking-distance from several decent restaurants (nothing fancy, but good food just the same.) The restaurant in the hotel and its catering is mediocre; the more fancy they attempt to get the further from the mark they land. I've had many catered meals from here and consistently the best meals are simple - like BBQ, fried chicken, etc. The breakfasts are plentiful in both quantity and selection which is nice, while the quality is again average at best.

My biggest concern here is with the laundry service though. It seems like daily I would get stained or flat out dirty towels in the bathroom. Some days, it appeared what was put in my room as 'fresh' had fresh soil on them, and that's about it. I hang my bath towels for 2-3 days but sometimes this would be changed anyway, with the 'new' one appearing more soiled than the one I'd hung to reuse. As well, the shower curtain's liner (the clear poly curtain that goes inside the tub) had mildew on it that was visible and a little smelly (not overwhelming but noticeable), which is easily avoided by simply pulling the curtain closed so that it can air dry. So many hotels miss the boat on that one though.

The rooms carpets, furniture, paint, etc. are a bit worn but this is to be expected at a location that no doubt gets a lot of business. This property being so close to Dulles airport must certainly get a fair amount of business. The elevators are among the slowest I've seen in a LONG time, LOL.

The shuttle drivers are exceptionally nice and service oriented; as are the catering staff. Indeed, all of the staff get exceptional marks for great service and attitude.

Overall, I rate this facility as 'average' because the professionalism and service oriented staff do well to offset the less than top-scoring physical aspects of staying at this property. I have no doubt that I will again stay here - as I did quite a lot in January of 2013.

Room Tip: Get a room close to ground level as the elevators are extremely slow... Don't worry about proxi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review we value all of our guests feedback both the positive and areas where opportunities do present themselves. i will be definitely reviewing your comments with the Housekeeping staff as well as passing along wonderful comments regarding our service staff, We look forward to seeing you again in the near future
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I travel for business and stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip. Normally I do not take the time to write reviews, but in this case I had to. First the positives, I did enjoy the free drinks that evening with the little snacks and front desk was superb and very hospitable. However, when I got to my room the carpet was nasty. I normally kick my shoes off and walk barefoot, but could not bring myself to do so as I stared at the mystery stains all over the place. The room was outdated so an upgrade and carpet change is a must here. Housekeeping really needs to shape up because there was hair in my tub and my sheets were stained. I found some extra sheets and used those and I was going to adress my concerns with the General Manager, but caught him walking around with a glazed look in his eyes like he was high or something and decided maybe this was not a good time. He could be on medical marijuana...I don't know. Overall my stay was average, it would have been great if my room was nicer.

Room Tip: check carpet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Because we value all of our guest feedback we want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, We certainly will give it the attention warranted
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Close to the airport. Spacious rooms. Knockout breakfasts. Fine cocktail hour with snacks. Friendly and helpful staff and for about $100 a night, a real buy. Oh, and free newspapers. Woiuld not hesitate to stay there again. Also, they have a free shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and drop you off when it's time to go home. Just have to let them know in advance. The house staff kept our room clean and stocked wiith all the right stuff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post your comments We appreciate your positive and great recommendation! I am delighted that we were able to meet your needs and expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team - Jim Ruedinger CHA General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!