“carpet is nasty please change ASAP” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“carpet is nasty please change ASAP”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I travel for business and stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip. Normally I do not take the time to write reviews, but in this case I had to. First the positives, I did enjoy the free drinks that evening with the little snacks and front desk was superb and very hospitable. However, when I got to my room the carpet was nasty. I normally kick my shoes off and walk barefoot, but could not bring myself to do so as I stared at the mystery stains all over the place. The room was outdated so an upgrade and carpet change is a must here. Housekeeping really needs to shape up because there was hair in my tub and my sheets were stained. I found some extra sheets and used those and I was going to adress my concerns with the General Manager, but caught him walking around with a glazed look in his eyes like he was high or something and decided maybe this was not a good time. He could be on medical marijuana...I don't know. Overall my stay was average, it would have been great if my room was nicer.

Room Tip: check carpet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Because we value all of our guest feedback we want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, We certainly will give it the attention warranted

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Close to the airport. Spacious rooms. Knockout breakfasts. Fine cocktail hour with snacks. Friendly and helpful staff and for about $100 a night, a real buy. Oh, and free newspapers. Woiuld not hesitate to stay there again. Also, they have a free shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and drop you off when it's time to go home. Just have to let them know in advance. The house staff kept our room clean and stocked wiith all the right stuff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post your comments We appreciate your positive and great recommendation! I am delighted that we were able to meet your needs and expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team - Jim Ruedinger CHA General Manager
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:
I would like to commend your front desk managers Adrean Laws and Evelyn Vargas. Adrean and Evelyn checked me and my family into the Embassy Suites hotel 12/22/12, Saturday around 10:30 am.
We generally stay at the Capital Hilton but was referred to this location. Adrean and Evelyn were very friendly and welcoming. Adrean and Evelyn checked me and my family in quickly, explained availability of rooms and with a big, beautiful smiles! It was such a pleasure seeing Adrean again and meeting Evelyn. I used to see Adrean every week at the Capital Hilton.
I hope Adrean and Evelyn are being recognized for their excellent customer service!
Mike Johnson

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I am proud to have the individuals mentioned as part of our team and will make sure to share this with all my team members.

Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I rented one of the ballrooms and everything seemed to be setup correctly until the event. The Catering Manager and Restaurant Manager did not communicate with each and there was multiple issues that arose. It is sad that the Engineering and Front Desk were the only helpful people. I want to especially thank Joel, Margaret, Evelyn and Adrean for their warm hospitality. The GM needs to handle the Catering and Restaurant Managers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear positive comments about our team and the hotel as well as areas where we can work to improve. I will make sure to share both the positive and opportunity with Catering and F&B team members.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here one night on a trip to stay with friends. After a long day on the Road, the amenities were what we have come to expect from Embassy. Property is connected to Home wood suites and shares some amenities like Pool and workout facility.

Only glitch in our stay, and I did not really give management the chance to fix it, was one of our pillows smelled horrific. I am still undecided on how much I can expect them to take care of. Everything else was great.

Overall, my expectation of Embassy suites seems to be lowering. On par for embassy, but slightly below what I would expect from this price range.

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to the "VIP" corner suites its worth it. Lots more room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I will ceratainly pass along your comment concerning the pillow and thank you again for your feedback. We do appreciate your business and look forward serving you again in the future

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Certainly, for $79, (senior rate) the room was okay, and the free breakfast is outstanding. If you can get there by 5:30, one gets an open bar and snacks.
But....for this quality of hotel, and when going with more than two to a bed, the main room bed is absolutely horrible, and the third person....usually a child...will have to sleep on a below average fold out couch with the springs sticking into his/her back. To charge 10 bucks for wifi in the room seems a bit tight. We were on the fourth floor and could get a fair reception from the atrium anyway, but it just seems a perk which would not be hard to add to the room reservation.
When I mentioned the bed situation to the desk, they said there was an upgrade in the future. I certainly hope so. The suite has a door which separates the bedroom from the living room....nice. Let's hope the cheap mattress situation resolves itself in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our ongoing customer service improvement plan.
If your travels return you to the Dulles Corridor, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was comfortable, well maintained, and roomy enough. The overall condition of the hotel was excellent. I was teaching a class, and the room was set up properly.

Blips: I ordered room service both nights I was there. The first night, I called for in-room dining, and after the phone rang about 8 - 10 times, someone from the front desk answered. "They get busy. Try calling back in a few minutes, please." I called back, got the front desk again, and finally got transferred to room service. The second night, I got right through to room service. I ordered a steak SALAD, and they delivered a steak SANDWICH with french fries.

I asked at the desk about transportation from the hotel to Reagan National Airport, which is much farther away than Dulles (which is where I had intended to fly through). One young woman said "we can refer you to a taxi company", which was not overly helpful. On a positive note, the woman the next day said "I can call a taxi for you, or you can use our shuttle to get to the Washington Flyer at Dulles Airport, which will be as convenient and much cheaper."

The shuttle driver was young, friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately, there were two problems. I have a spinner computer bag, and he put it on a top shelf on its wheels. When he took the first turn out of the driveway, it rolled off and hit the floor (fortunately, nothing was damaged). Then he dropped me off at the arrivals area of the airport, which is on the upper level, telling me that he was sure this was where the flyer departed. He was wrong - it was on the lower level. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Would I stay there again? Yes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes. I will definitely pass along your feedback concerning room service to the appropriate persons. we appreciate your business and look forward to the chance to serve you again.

General Manager,

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!