“What you would come to expect - Mostly” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now! Save Up To 20%
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, TN
“What you would come to expect - Mostly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here one night on a trip to stay with friends. After a long day on the Road, the amenities were what we have come to expect from Embassy. Property is connected to Home wood suites and shares some amenities like Pool and workout facility.

Only glitch in our stay, and I did not really give management the chance to fix it, was one of our pillows smelled horrific. I am still undecided on how much I can expect them to take care of. Everything else was great.

Overall, my expectation of Embassy suites seems to be lowering. On par for embassy, but slightly below what I would expect from this price range.

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to the "VIP" corner suites its worth it. Lots more room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I will ceratainly pass along your comment concerning the pillow and thank you again for your feedback. We do appreciate your business and look forward serving you again in the future

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Certainly, for $79, (senior rate) the room was okay, and the free breakfast is outstanding. If you can get there by 5:30, one gets an open bar and snacks.
But....for this quality of hotel, and when going with more than two to a bed, the main room bed is absolutely horrible, and the third person....usually a child...will have to sleep on a below average fold out couch with the springs sticking into his/her back. To charge 10 bucks for wifi in the room seems a bit tight. We were on the fourth floor and could get a fair reception from the atrium anyway, but it just seems a perk which would not be hard to add to the room reservation.
When I mentioned the bed situation to the desk, they said there was an upgrade in the future. I certainly hope so. The suite has a door which separates the bedroom from the living room....nice. Let's hope the cheap mattress situation resolves itself in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our ongoing customer service improvement plan.
If your travels return you to the Dulles Corridor, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was comfortable, well maintained, and roomy enough. The overall condition of the hotel was excellent. I was teaching a class, and the room was set up properly.

Blips: I ordered room service both nights I was there. The first night, I called for in-room dining, and after the phone rang about 8 - 10 times, someone from the front desk answered. "They get busy. Try calling back in a few minutes, please." I called back, got the front desk again, and finally got transferred to room service. The second night, I got right through to room service. I ordered a steak SALAD, and they delivered a steak SANDWICH with french fries.

I asked at the desk about transportation from the hotel to Reagan National Airport, which is much farther away than Dulles (which is where I had intended to fly through). One young woman said "we can refer you to a taxi company", which was not overly helpful. On a positive note, the woman the next day said "I can call a taxi for you, or you can use our shuttle to get to the Washington Flyer at Dulles Airport, which will be as convenient and much cheaper."

The shuttle driver was young, friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately, there were two problems. I have a spinner computer bag, and he put it on a top shelf on its wheels. When he took the first turn out of the driveway, it rolled off and hit the floor (fortunately, nothing was damaged). Then he dropped me off at the arrivals area of the airport, which is on the upper level, telling me that he was sure this was where the flyer departed. He was wrong - it was on the lower level. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Would I stay there again? Yes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes. I will definitely pass along your feedback concerning room service to the appropriate persons. we appreciate your business and look forward to the chance to serve you again.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Upon checking in, I tried ot acces the internet and could not. I work in a IT Management and very familiar with IT technology. When I called the front desk they transferred me to tech support. I was told that by just calling, I had just won a free trip to the bahamas and my only option was to schedule the dates I was going to select. Obviously, not the right number. I called back the desk and the clerk told me to get a pen and to call tech support myself.

A few minutes later, someone who had overheard the call phoned me back. We soon discovered that the signal from the Homewood suites that is next door was stronger than the one from embassy suites. "But I am in the Embassy Suites, I am next door, not in or staying in the Homewood Suites, what does that say about the Internet in the Embassy Suites?"

In short, complimentary internert for this diamond member wasn't going to work I changed rooms or used it in the lobby.

While filipping channels I realized there was not a single movie channel. I called the Front Desk back and asked, "Do you have HBO?" I was asked to hold and the clerk came back and asked me to look at the listing on the TV, I told her I didn't see it and she said, I guess we don't have it. I Thanked her and asked, then why do you have an HBO guide in the room? She had to call me back and when she did, I was not suprrised that there wasn't HBO in the room and she had no explanation as to why they put HBO guides in the room next to the TVs.

The rooms are nice and they are clean, the property is nice, some of the staff is very friendly but I gave up on Internet or asking any questions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adrean L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that internet access was of concern during your time with us, while we do offer a 1.800 number specifically dedicated to assisting our guests, I again apologize for the lack of service. I have touched base with both our provider and the customer service line to ensure that they are aware of the opportunity and making upgrades to the system to ensure this is not a problem for anyone else. However, I would like to apologize for the lack of service that you received from our staff, we will be sure to address that as well. Thank you for your review, I appreciate your comments.
Fonda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Would recommend! Clean, friendly and quiet. Comfortable beds, large room, nice breakfast.
Beautiful hotel, brand new. Staff friendly and helpful.
Stayed 2 nights during dog show in end of October 2012.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Embassy Suites is a great place to stay. The suites, yes suites not just rooms, are very nice. When family come to visit, we have an extra living room space to play board games.

The breakfast is really good. Omletes/eggs cooked to order. Assortment of pastries, fruit and hot breakfast meats are always available. There is also a manager's reception in the evening.

You cannot go wrong staying at an Embassy Suites and the one in Ashburn is close to Dulles Airport!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Look for to seeing you again

Southside Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have used this hotel a number of times when flying from Dulles airport because of the parking and the airport shuttle. We have always been pleased with the helpful staff and can add very little to the positive reviews already posted on TA. Our latest experience involved a "park & fly" package when we were scheduled to stay at the hotel upon our return. Our flight from London was cancelled on Sunday and we found we would be returning on a Monday flight instead. When we contacted the hotel, we learned that we would not be able to transfer our booked night of Sunday forward to Monday night. I was not totally surprised by this information. Our arrival on Monday was fairly early in the day so not being able to spend the night was no big problem.
I would recommend this hotel to travelers and we plan to book with them again the next time we need to fly from Dulles.

Room Tip: If you book a "park & fly" package, you will most likely not be able to change your sc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I glad that we have been able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future or anytime your travel plans take you through the Dulles area. In the mean time I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager,

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!