“Avoid this mixed bag of tricks” 2 of 5 stars

Book Now! Save Up To 20%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Avoid this mixed bag of tricks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Upon checking in, I tried ot acces the internet and could not. I work in a IT Management and very familiar with IT technology. When I called the front desk they transferred me to tech support. I was told that by just calling, I had just won a free trip to the bahamas and my only option was to schedule the dates I was going to select. Obviously, not the right number. I called back the desk and the clerk told me to get a pen and to call tech support myself.

A few minutes later, someone who had overheard the call phoned me back. We soon discovered that the signal from the Homewood suites that is next door was stronger than the one from embassy suites. "But I am in the Embassy Suites, I am next door, not in or staying in the Homewood Suites, what does that say about the Internet in the Embassy Suites?"

In short, complimentary internert for this diamond member wasn't going to work I changed rooms or used it in the lobby.

While filipping channels I realized there was not a single movie channel. I called the Front Desk back and asked, "Do you have HBO?" I was asked to hold and the clerk came back and asked me to look at the listing on the TV, I told her I didn't see it and she said, I guess we don't have it. I Thanked her and asked, then why do you have an HBO guide in the room? She had to call me back and when she did, I was not suprrised that there wasn't HBO in the room and she had no explanation as to why they put HBO guides in the room next to the TVs.

The rooms are nice and they are clean, the property is nice, some of the staff is very friendly but I gave up on Internet or asking any questions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adrean L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that internet access was of concern during your time with us, while we do offer a 1.800 number specifically dedicated to assisting our guests, I again apologize for the lack of service. I have touched base with both our provider and the customer service line to ensure that they are aware of the opportunity and making upgrades to the system to ensure this is not a problem for anyone else. However, I would like to apologize for the lack of service that you received from our staff, we will be sure to address that as well. Thank you for your review, I appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fonda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Would recommend! Clean, friendly and quiet. Comfortable beds, large room, nice breakfast.
Beautiful hotel, brand new. Staff friendly and helpful.
Stayed 2 nights during dog show in end of October 2012.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Embassy Suites is a great place to stay. The suites, yes suites not just rooms, are very nice. When family come to visit, we have an extra living room space to play board games.

The breakfast is really good. Omletes/eggs cooked to order. Assortment of pastries, fruit and hot breakfast meats are always available. There is also a manager's reception in the evening.

You cannot go wrong staying at an Embassy Suites and the one in Ashburn is close to Dulles Airport!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Look for to seeing you again

Southside Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have used this hotel a number of times when flying from Dulles airport because of the parking and the airport shuttle. We have always been pleased with the helpful staff and can add very little to the positive reviews already posted on TA. Our latest experience involved a "park & fly" package when we were scheduled to stay at the hotel upon our return. Our flight from London was cancelled on Sunday and we found we would be returning on a Monday flight instead. When we contacted the hotel, we learned that we would not be able to transfer our booked night of Sunday forward to Monday night. I was not totally surprised by this information. Our arrival on Monday was fairly early in the day so not being able to spend the night was no big problem.
I would recommend this hotel to travelers and we plan to book with them again the next time we need to fly from Dulles.

Room Tip: If you book a "park & fly" package, you will most likely not be able to change your sc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I glad that we have been able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future or anytime your travel plans take you through the Dulles area. In the mean time I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Kulpmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stay here often. We have Family living in Ashburn VA. This is a Great place to stay. Free cooked to Order Breakfast 0700 to 1030 hrs, Free Happy Hour 1730 to 1930 hrs, Nice heated in door Pool, rooms are nice and clean, Staff is ver nice to ALL. Free shuttle ride TO & FROM Dulles airport, about 5 Miles away, you can also leave your CAR & the Hotel while away on a trip, this is a big + if traveling. Bedding is the best, lots of Pillows! Discount for AARP members and other type members, price around $92.00 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your past and present stays memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Fairview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here one night and found the rooms very nice and they have been updated. Service was excellent, breakfast also very good which tends to be the norm. Not sure where the negative reviews are coming from but we saw nothing that was a problem in any area. Hotel was very quiet as it is away from the major highways in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such positive comments about the hotel our team takes great pride in the service they provide and our hotel. I will make sure to share your feedback with the team members.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Who is writing the negative reviews about this hotel? We stayed here for one night in September and had two suites. We are a family of 5 adults and 2 toddlers traveling together and we needed a park, stay and fly hotel for Dulles airport. This hotel was a perfect place for us. Check-in was a breeze. The rooms were clean and looked new. The beds were comfortable. We requested a crib for one of our rooms and they provided a full size crib, not a Pac N Play. The Manager's reception was very nice with good appetizers to go with the free drinks. When our son, daughter-in-law and two grandaughters arrived we all went to the indoor pool and had a blast. We ordered room service for dinner and it was great. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and there was a lot of variety. The shuttle to the airport was on time and even let us install two baby car seats for our grandaughters. During our stay we did not experience any problems and would highly recommend this hotel to our friends or relatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your special needs and expectations with regard to the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team as they be excited to know their efforts do not go unnoticed.

General Manager,

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles-North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!