We loved this hotel, everything was perfect. Check in was quick, and finding the hotel was not a problem. The room was very nice, it was a two bedroom two bathroom suite, so it was pretty big. Everything was very clean in the room, and the furniture was maintained very well. The TV's were not new, but still gave a nice picture. Everything worked well, and the room was quite comfy. The hallways were well-lit and clean also.
As for the two pools, we used both. I went every single night for four nights and loved it. When it was a nice night, I would go outside and swim a bit then go to the Embassy indoor pool until it closed at 10. They were very clean, and the hot tub was relaxing. Homewood Suites guests are entitled to the Embassy Pool, it's actually encouraged. You can go to the main desk at the Embassy, show your Homewood Card and they give you a temporary pass.
Breakfast was also good, French Toast one day, Pancakes another, and Waffles twice. Everything was warm and replaced very promptly. There was a lot to choose from, eggs every day, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, breads, muffins, fruit, doughnuts, and more. We stayed from a Friday to Tuesday so we had their light dinner Monday night and loved it. You can easily call it a full meal. That day there was Macaroni and Cheese (which surprisingly we LOVED), green beens, salad, and chicken. Also drinks too.
Location wise, there are now restaurants nearby and in walking distance. Walking distance is Moe's and 5 Guys Burgers. It's very hard though, to be a DC tourist from here. This hotel is perfect for the area and staying at the airport, but going into DC is quite the trip. To the nearest Metro is about 25 - 40 minutes without traffic, and you have to wait for a train and a long ride into DC. Basically, on the Metro it's easily and hour to get in, and an hour to get to the hotel. Also, is it me or are Norther Virginia Streets very difficult to follow? Everything by the hotel are routes and highways, or unpaved roads. I found it very hard to find what I needed in Norther VA, but that's not really the hotels fault.
The only things I did not like were, since it was a two bedroom room, the two safes in the closets did not work. One was locked when we got there and the other had a "low battery" so it would not lock. I found it odd that Both safes did not work. The other is that I questioned how sanitary the plates, dishes, bowls, and silverware the hotel provided us with. They were very spotty, and one time we came into our room while house keeping was cleaning and they stopped the dishwasher halfway through the cycle. I used my own plates and silverware just to be safe.
Other than those things, our stay was great, it was a true value for $620 for 4 nights in a two bedroom two bathroom room in the DC area. I would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, Va Hotel
- Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, Va Hotel Ashburn
- Homewood Suites Dulles
- Homewood Dulles
- Homewood Suites Dulles North
- Dulles Homewood
- Dulles Homewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Dulles Airport hotel is designed to make you comfortable, whether you're traveling for a few nights or longer. Our accommodations near Dulles Airport feature spacious studio, one- and/or two-bedroom suites feature separate living and sleeping areas. Each has a fully-equipped kitchen with full-size refrigerator, microwave, 2-burner stove and dishwasher. You'll find enough space for work, study or entertaining - plus all the comforts of home including two remote control TVs, complimentary high speed internet access, and two phones with voice mail. Enjoy a complimentary Suite Start™ hot breakfast seven days a week and a Welcome Home® Reception featuring a complimentary light meal and beverages Monday through Thursday evenings (local laws apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.