“Very nice service, nice hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
“Very nice service, nice hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

When I arrived at the hotel, it was determined that my reservation that I had made on Travelocity 2 hours earlier had for some reason not made it into the hotel's system. Djuana, the front desk manager, was very kind and helpful. She did everything she could on her side while I was on the phone with the Travelocity people. She arranged a ride for my wife and children so they could go shopping while the reservation was sorted out. She was very professional and calm, and her pleasant and helpful demeanor made me feel at ease and comfortable. Homewood Suites is very fortunate to have such a wonderful person working for them. She took what could have been a bad experience and made it nice by being so helpful. In the end, after much time on the phone with Travelocity, the were eventually able to correct the problem that had kept the hotel from getting the reservation. The hotel itself is very nice and I am glad that we chose to stay here. It is close to the airport and the room we have is very large. I would say that this hotel would be perfect for any type of traveler spending time in the area.

Room Tip: There are laundry facilities on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
jruedinger, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business. I will be sure to let Dijuana know her efforts were noticed and appreciated

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very clean hotel and rooms, in good condition, good hot breakfast. Indoor and outdoor pools. Nice large suites with full kitchen. Overall a comfortable and excellent stay at a very reasonable price, with a number of good restaurant options right next door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. i will definitely share your comments to let the team know their efforts are appreciated and do not go unnoticed thank you again We appreciate your business
Washington, DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff at the Homewood Suites is AWESOME!!! They exhibit excellent customer service. They made me and family feel like we were apart of their family. Thank you Homewood Team for making this a wonderful experience. I will definitely be staying again very soon.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

jruedinger, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! we look forward to your next visit please come back and see us again soon. We appreciate your business
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the Homewood Suites for the last week. Its anticipated that our total length of stay will exceed a month. We are so pleased with the cleanliness, staff, food, and location thus far. The hotel shares many amenities with the Embassy Suites, which is directly connected to the hotel. The rooms are very clean, quite, and offer a full kitchen. I would absolutely recommend this location for anyone in need of a long stay or just need to get away. Its super close to IAD but far enough that you dont feel like your right on top of the airport. They do provide shuttle service and your really only about a 10 minute drive.

Room Tip: The higher floors (there are only 3) provide a bit more but really any of them are suitable. I gues...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we are able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I pulled into Washington DC after a long long day of flight cancellations and delays due to weather only to watch my connecting flight taxi away without me. Since lots of other people were in the same boat, rooms were scarce (and/or exorbitantly priced) With my phone down on juice and the hotel boards that used to line the baggage claim areas seemingly a thing of the past, I walked outside to the hotel shuttles pick-up area and approached the driver of a van branded with three or four of the Hilton Hotels brand properties. I'm a Hilton Honors member so I thought I might have some juice and low and behold, he made a quick phone call and I had a room at the Homewood Suites Dulles-North.

A quick shuttle ride later I checked in at the Embassy Suites next door and followed a pool-smelling corridor to the Homewood Suites. I've never stayed at one of these but it looked akin to various Hampton Inn, Best Western, Quality Suites, etc., with a lobby/breakfast area and a small pantry next to the check-in desk. The desk staff was very nice and everything was in good repair and I was soon up at my room.

I was also soon down at the front desk again where the gentleman tried a number of times to make me a new key. Finally another staff member mentioned that she'd cleaned the blanks he was trying with alcohol (which obviously killed them in some way) and so after finding new blanks I was able to get a key that worked and got into the room.

I don't particularly like suite hotels. The living room always seems uncomfortable and the bedroom overlooked but the enormous flat plate in the bedroom made me rethink that. The kitchen was very sparsely stocked - no salt, minimal makings for coffee in the morning, etc. but I wasn't too concerned about eating by that point. The water pressure in the shower was pitiful and half the holes were either clogged with hard water sediment or the shower head was broken in some way. The water was hot, though and I rinsed my hair in the sink to get all the soap out.

Two queen side beds meant I could choose the one that was the more comfortable and it took some going back and forth to figure out which set of lumps best suited my own curves. Oddly enough, housekeeping had chosen to put the mattress pad on top of the both the bottom and top sheets, so I first had to remake the bed but finally got settled.

The air conditioning blew cold, I slept fine and after sourcing coffee from the lobby in the morning I was all set. Another nice desk clerk gave me a late check out and with lunch from the pantry I'm now off to try to catch my flight (again) clean, rested, fed and ready. While Homewood Suites isn't a destination brand by any stretch it is a perfectly acceptable alternative in a pinch or on a budget and the personnel at this particular property go a long way towards making up for some of the hotels small shortcomings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jruedinger, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us do just that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider us again in the future
Coram, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel was very friendly for my daughter, husband and two children ages 5 & 8. The suite was very comfortable. Grandchildren loved the pool and spa. Breakfast and dinner was great! We visiting DC and this was a great location.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

jruedinger, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
North Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Pluses: Clean, Good service behind desk, friendly and efficient. Major thanks to the courteous young man who drives the shuttle. Pool very nice, good spot for families. Minuses:Very thin walls. Poor management of the food supply which had no food available way before breakfast and dinner hours ended. Not a big deal if you're solo, but with family it is a big deal. Carpet and walls could be a little spruced up.

Location: Way far out if you're wanting National Mall and DC activities, but fine if around Dulles Airport or Herndon. Not so close for Reston or Fairfax.

Room Tip: Some suites are right beside the pool outside, which is scenic and fine, but noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments I certainly pass them along to the staff. As with all feedback we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us do just that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider us again in the future

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!