“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
lima, United States
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

great service from checkin to checkout. Rooms are great for all your need.The hotel is in a graet location near mall and shopping areas. Hotel offers shuttle service which was great for a traverl without a car. will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Nwabisa I first and foremost want to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites. We realize you have so many other options, and can only appreciate that you chose to stay with us.
Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from the entire staff are greatly appreciated and we appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Woodbridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was extremely all around satisfied with the Homewood Suites. from the hospitality of the staff, to the pleasant atmosphere, clean rooms, comfortable beds and swim in the pool. The food was Great!!! I enjoyed my stay so much, until I went home and shared my experience with friends. We are now planning a girls weekend out at the same place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Angela I first and foremost want to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites. We realize you have so many other options, and can only appreciate that you chose to stay with us.
Deerfield Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great hotel. Really enjoyed the breakfast and the light dinners served. It was very nice to have during my stay because I was there for a class and needed to study every night. If you want a quiet stay, definitely recommend not staying by they pool. The kids were VERY loud.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and we apologize for the noise you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future
Kulpmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very nice place to stay in Northern VA. Complementary Breakfast as well as Dinner, unheard of! Nice poll, in doors & outdoors with Hot tub! Very clean with Very Friendly Staff! Close to the Dulles Airport with Free Shuttle Service to & From! Close to the new Air & Space Museum, you can see the real Space Shuttle inside the museum, it's worth the trip & Free admission! Parking will cost you about $ 10 or 12 Dollars

Room Tip: Book on line, room cost go up & down a lot. I've stayed from $80.00 to $150.00 per night?
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
As always I first and foremost want to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites. We realize you have so many other options, and can only appreciate that you chose to stay with us.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here recently while awaiting a home closing and were very happy with the room quality and cleanliness, food selection in the morning and evening, and staff responsiveness and friendliness. Though we arrived earlier than our reservations and had to extend our stay, the hotel accommodated all our requests and really made our family feel at home. Plus the location is excellent with nearby shopping and good restaurants as well as major arteries into WDC. GREAT STAY AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was very nice and very clean. We had the 2 queen suite and was very spacious. The beds seemed more like full beds but were able to fit 2 people in comfortably. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It's now been 4 days since my terrible stay at this property. The GM was supposed to call me yesterday (Monday, July 1) before noon but I received no such call.

Here's what happened:

I was traveling up the East Coast and booked a night at this property because it was listed as pet friendly, it had good reviews, and it was close to my friends home. I found a good rate online and happily paid for the $75 pet fee for my cat. We arrived at 9:00PM and checked in - I have two slipped discs, so my fiancé searched for a cart to move our luggage while I relocated our cat into the room and set her up with a litter box and food.

My fiancé was unable to locate a cart due to a wedding party at the adjacent Embassy Hilton, so we decided to just leave it for later and go over to our friend's home just a few miles down the road. You see, it was going to be my birthday at midnight so we were very anxious to get together.

Unfortunately, we did not take a close look at the state of the room as it appeared to be ok. It was a nice suite, well equipped with good amenities.

What happened next was where the nightmare began and the issues escalated....

My fiancé and I returned at around 1:00AM and began moving in to the room and checking in on our cat. There was only a night clerk on staff and a shuttle driver for the airport (whom was out driving a client to the airport).

First, we see a large scuff mark on the wood floor at the entrance... No big deal. Then, we see opened coffee bags and a used coffee machine... Strange. Then we see that there are opened toiletries in the en suite bathroom sink and that the sink is full of facial hair shavings and clogged... Gross. Then we see that there are pubic hairs on the toilet seat... Disgusting. As we are in the room for a longer period of time, we notice the odor of another human's presence all about the suite. The bed was made properly, but upon turning back the duvet cover we discovered the bed was totally USED and had at least two separate persons body hair infesting the bed that I was supposed to spend my birthday night slumbering calmly next to my paramour. I did not have a calm night's sleep, I assure you.

Finally, we noticed that there were several burn marks in the carpet in front of the en suite sink. As if someone had been using drugs. I say drugs because it is a non-smoking hotel and the burns did not appear to be like cigarette burns. I'm a non-smoker and don't appreciate that anything was being burned in a property that I am "consuming" for a night's stay on the road.

At this stage, I was also mostly moved into the room (luggage, cat already acclimated - and if you know anything about traveling with cats, you know that the constant shift of territory is very unsettling for your beloved pets).

I decided to go to the front desk and I kindly informed the night clerk that the room had not been turned over but that I was OK with staying there if they would have someone come to clean the bathroom, bring fresh linens, and change over the bed sheets. The clerk informed me that the hotel was completely booked anyway, and that he could move me to a room at the Embassy but they won't take the cat. I said it would be fine at the current room, so please just have someone come soon to get us a place to sleep.

The clerk then informed me that there was no cleaning staff on duty and that I would have to wait for the shuttle driver to return from the airport pickup he was making. I'm a generally reasonable guy, so I said "fine" and went back to the room.

We had some food to eat, so we made a meal in the kitchenette and consolidated our luggage into a corner of the room that would be out of the way when the man came to clean the room.

We waited a solid 30 minutes before the clerk and the shuttle driver arrived. OK, now I'm getting to the stage where the real irritation and agitation increases to a new peak of dissatisfaction with the Hilton brand.

As we ate, they attempted to make the bed, but my fiancé noticed that they did not remove the old bottom sheet. Um...

I had to go into the room with them and demand that they change the bottom sheet of the bed. Are you kidding me? C'mon guys, it was my birthday, I'm dealing with a back injury, didn't even have a beer that night, and your not going to change the bottom sheet when a customer has a valid complaint? That's when I started documenting all of the issues with my phone camera.

After I watched over them to insure that I would have clean sheets and pillow cases, I returned to my late late night birthday meal: cold, unappetizing, and totally deflated by the experience. It sounds like they are plunging stuff in the bathroom for a while, and at around 2:30AM they say, "we've done our best, we hope you have a good night." I coldly escort them to the door. They didn't even vacuum.

So, after posting pictures to Facebook and calling the Hilton guest services call center, I forget to eat the small birthday cake we had bought to celebrate and say to my fiancé, "let's just go to bed and start fresh tomorrow."

She then goes back to the bed to pull back the duvet and three very long, brunette hairs are attached. Has anyone heard of the proverbial "final straw?" Well, this isn't even it!

My fiancé then goes back out to our vehicle (still no carts around) and gets all of our own linens and bedding to remake the bed so we could at least feel comforted in our own possessions. Thank goodness we were equipped with such personal assets at queen sized sheets and our own comforter. We are traveling and sometimes run into these types of issues at less expensive hotels, but we figured that checking in to a Hilton Homewood at 9:00PM would be a clean and sanitary experience.

I go back to the front desk and tell the clerk that we had to use our own bedding, please turn off the 8:30 wake up call, and what should I do about checkout times now that I'll be trying to fall asleep by 3;30 and will likely miss the breakfast offering. He said I need not worry, we was very sorry, and then gave me 2 VIP cards to get breakfast to order at any time over at the attached Embassy Suites. I took then and went to bed.

At 8:30 AM, the hotel phone wakes me with a start and I get so extremely angered that I'm unable to sleep anymore and need to see a manager right away.

I'm still working out the resolution for this atrocity, so I'll leave the review here. I'm not pleased, that is for certain.

P.S. I'm about to stay at a Hilton in Saratoga Springs, NY for my wedding night... I hope Hilton does the right thing.

• Stayed June 2013
Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I'm addressing your concerns with our staff. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our guests and will continuously strive to achieve this. We value your loyalty as a rewards member and appreciate your feedback. I wanted to inform you I had refunded one night of your stay due to the shortcomings of our housekeeping and guest service departments. (My system says that it was processed the same night of your stay) While I understand that this does not rectify the problems you experienced at our hotel, we have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I felt that in this particular instance that you should not be charged for the day of your stay that these problems occurred.
This is obviously not the service culture that we are trying to create and I sincerely apologize .I have shared your email with the staff, your feedback will be used to improve upon our product and services and to assist in the professional development of our associates.
Thank you again for your feedback. If you do not see the adjustment that I made reflected in your account, please contact me. I hope that we may serve you in the future.
Warm Regards,
Kory Davis

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!