Save Saved
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Pennsylvania
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was very nice and very clean. We had the 2 queen suite and was very spacious. The beds seemed more like full beds but were able to fit 2 people in comfortably. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I first and foremost want to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites. We realize you have so many other options, and can only appreciate that you chose to stay with us.
Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from the entire staff are greatly appreciated and we appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It's now been 4 days since my terrible stay at this property. The GM was supposed to call me yesterday (Monday, July 1) before noon but I received no such call.

Here's what happened:

I was traveling up the East Coast and booked a night at this property because it was listed as pet friendly, it had good reviews, and it was close to my friends home. I found a good rate online and happily paid for the $75 pet fee for my cat. We arrived at 9:00PM and checked in - I have two slipped discs, so my fiancé searched for a cart to move our luggage while I relocated our cat into the room and set her up with a litter box and food.

My fiancé was unable to locate a cart due to a wedding party at the adjacent Embassy Hilton, so we decided to just leave it for later and go over to our friend's home just a few miles down the road. You see, it was going to be my birthday at midnight so we were very anxious to get together.

Unfortunately, we did not take a close look at the state of the room as it appeared to be ok. It was a nice suite, well equipped with good amenities.

What happened next was where the nightmare began and the issues escalated....

My fiancé and I returned at around 1:00AM and began moving in to the room and checking in on our cat. There was only a night clerk on staff and a shuttle driver for the airport (whom was out driving a client to the airport).

First, we see a large scuff mark on the wood floor at the entrance... No big deal. Then, we see opened coffee bags and a used coffee machine... Strange. Then we see that there are opened toiletries in the en suite bathroom sink and that the sink is full of facial hair shavings and clogged... Gross. Then we see that there are pubic hairs on the toilet seat... Disgusting. As we are in the room for a longer period of time, we notice the odor of another human's presence all about the suite. The bed was made properly, but upon turning back the duvet cover we discovered the bed was totally USED and had at least two separate persons body hair infesting the bed that I was supposed to spend my birthday night slumbering calmly next to my paramour. I did not have a calm night's sleep, I assure you.

Finally, we noticed that there were several burn marks in the carpet in front of the en suite sink. As if someone had been using drugs. I say drugs because it is a non-smoking hotel and the burns did not appear to be like cigarette burns. I'm a non-smoker and don't appreciate that anything was being burned in a property that I am "consuming" for a night's stay on the road.

At this stage, I was also mostly moved into the room (luggage, cat already acclimated - and if you know anything about traveling with cats, you know that the constant shift of territory is very unsettling for your beloved pets).

I decided to go to the front desk and I kindly informed the night clerk that the room had not been turned over but that I was OK with staying there if they would have someone come to clean the bathroom, bring fresh linens, and change over the bed sheets. The clerk informed me that the hotel was completely booked anyway, and that he could move me to a room at the Embassy but they won't take the cat. I said it would be fine at the current room, so please just have someone come soon to get us a place to sleep.

The clerk then informed me that there was no cleaning staff on duty and that I would have to wait for the shuttle driver to return from the airport pickup he was making. I'm a generally reasonable guy, so I said "fine" and went back to the room.

We had some food to eat, so we made a meal in the kitchenette and consolidated our luggage into a corner of the room that would be out of the way when the man came to clean the room.

We waited a solid 30 minutes before the clerk and the shuttle driver arrived. OK, now I'm getting to the stage where the real irritation and agitation increases to a new peak of dissatisfaction with the Hilton brand.

As we ate, they attempted to make the bed, but my fiancé noticed that they did not remove the old bottom sheet. Um...

I had to go into the room with them and demand that they change the bottom sheet of the bed. Are you kidding me? C'mon guys, it was my birthday, I'm dealing with a back injury, didn't even have a beer that night, and your not going to change the bottom sheet when a customer has a valid complaint? That's when I started documenting all of the issues with my phone camera.

After I watched over them to insure that I would have clean sheets and pillow cases, I returned to my late late night birthday meal: cold, unappetizing, and totally deflated by the experience. It sounds like they are plunging stuff in the bathroom for a while, and at around 2:30AM they say, "we've done our best, we hope you have a good night." I coldly escort them to the door. They didn't even vacuum.

So, after posting pictures to Facebook and calling the Hilton guest services call center, I forget to eat the small birthday cake we had bought to celebrate and say to my fiancé, "let's just go to bed and start fresh tomorrow."

She then goes back to the bed to pull back the duvet and three very long, brunette hairs are attached. Has anyone heard of the proverbial "final straw?" Well, this isn't even it!

My fiancé then goes back out to our vehicle (still no carts around) and gets all of our own linens and bedding to remake the bed so we could at least feel comforted in our own possessions. Thank goodness we were equipped with such personal assets at queen sized sheets and our own comforter. We are traveling and sometimes run into these types of issues at less expensive hotels, but we figured that checking in to a Hilton Homewood at 9:00PM would be a clean and sanitary experience.

I go back to the front desk and tell the clerk that we had to use our own bedding, please turn off the 8:30 wake up call, and what should I do about checkout times now that I'll be trying to fall asleep by 3;30 and will likely miss the breakfast offering. He said I need not worry, we was very sorry, and then gave me 2 VIP cards to get breakfast to order at any time over at the attached Embassy Suites. I took then and went to bed.

At 8:30 AM, the hotel phone wakes me with a start and I get so extremely angered that I'm unable to sleep anymore and need to see a manager right away.

I'm still working out the resolution for this atrocity, so I'll leave the review here. I'm not pleased, that is for certain.

P.S. I'm about to stay at a Hilton in Saratoga Springs, NY for my wedding night... I hope Hilton does the right thing.

• Stayed June 2013
Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I'm addressing your concerns with our staff. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our guests and will continuously strive to achieve this. We value your loyalty as a rewards member and appreciate your feedback. I wanted to inform you I had refunded one night of your stay due to the shortcomings of our housekeeping and guest service departments. (My system says that it was processed the same night of your stay) While I understand that this does not rectify the problems you experienced at our hotel, we have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I felt that in this particular instance that you should not be charged for the day of your stay that these problems occurred.
This is obviously not the service culture that we are trying to create and I sincerely apologize .I have shared your email with the staff, your feedback will be used to improve upon our product and services and to assist in the professional development of our associates.
Thank you again for your feedback. If you do not see the adjustment that I made reflected in your account, please contact me. I hope that we may serve you in the future.
Warm Regards,
Kory Davis
Scott Depot, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff is very willing to help with anything you need. The quality of service enhances the outstanding breakfast and evening hospitality experience that is provided. This is a great place to bring kids who want both an indoor and outdoor pool. (The Embassy Suites is connected by a hallway)

Elizabethtown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently stayed at Homewood Suites for the first time. Just a quick family getaway with our boys ages 5 and 3 months. This was the perfect hotel for us! The separate living quarters/bedroom were absolutely a lifesaver when the 3 month old woke up at 5 a.m. I was able to bring him out to the living room and close the bedroom door, leaving my other son and my husband to sleep a bit longer! Having the kitchen was also an additional advantage as it allowed us to bring snacks and drinks along with us, saving us money in the long run. This particular hotel had an outdoor pool but was also connected to the Embassy Suites next door who had an indoor pool. We had priveleges at both pools!! My son was delighted at the idea of having 2 pools at his disposal!! Overall, this was an excellent value and we will be sure to look for a Homewood Suites for our future vacations!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I first and foremost want to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites. Thank you for kind comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service you received . We look forward to your next visit soon.
Worthington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Overall good value for the money. We had 2 adults and 3 kids. The complimentary breakfast was a huge plus. The hotel was a 25 minute drive to the metro so it was a little further than expected but it worked out OK for our trip to the DC area. My biggest complaint was the fact that the room started with 2 washcloths. We asked for more on the first day since we have a family of 5 and were given more. The next 2 days our room was cleaned we were left with 1 wash cloth which is not acceptable for a family of 5. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to . I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay. I will take your feedback to our Housekeeping team helping them pay attention to details.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to win your business again.
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Spacious clean suite. Room smelled of old smoke but not bad enough to keep me from staying. Enjoyed access to the outdoor and indoor pool. Nice towels at the pool. Toiletries were nice. Would stay again and recommend to others

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay. I will take your feedback and use it as a learning experience to better serve our guests and to help our team pay attention to details.

lima, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel was very clean and hotel room had everything you could need. Staff was friendly and helpful with direction and things to do in the area . I will be back with my family when I return to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kory D, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, June 10, 2013

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!