“I cannot recommend this hotel and it ashame, it's gone downhill fast” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“I cannot recommend this hotel and it ashame, it's gone downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I used to take weekend getaways together and we always stayed here. Just a few years ago this was a great place to stay. It pains me to say it is now awful. They've double the price, and the quality is terrible. There is no quality any more. My room was filthy. I was shocked. I don't who they have in housekeeping these days, but "THEY'RE NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!". Everything was "gross" as another reviewer put it. I will never stay here again. Never.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ahmad E, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again for your review.
We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

Sincerely, Ahmad Erbinieh
General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles -North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My job relocated me to the Northern Virginia area and i needed an extended stay hotel to stay at during my housing search. I called up Homewood Dulles and spoke with the management....they gave me a great rate. The staff and management were extremely accomodating and sensitive to my needs during my 30+ day stay. This was a quiet hotel and made me feel at home even for this short time....the rooms are spacious and comfy (thought it could use some updates and renovations). Overall I was pleased with my stay and would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in the King Studio- super comfy!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ahmad E, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Markham, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for about 2 weeks, in that time we had to stay in three different rooms. We made our reservations on line and upon checking in were told that they had allowed another group of individuals at the hotel to extend their stay and bumped us out of the hotel, we had to provide the email confirmation and seek out a not so nice conversation with management, who then provided a room for us. The second night we moved to a larger room (yes we had to move ourselves), however, there were ants and cockroaches in the room, mold on the shower curtain, stains on the carpet, noisy airconditioning and furniture that was very worn and dirty. We were not able to move that night, so two days later we moved to another room (yes, we had to move ourselves again), leaving the critters in the second room. All of this moving with two small kids did not bode well nor was it easy since we were relocating back to the states from being stationed overseas. While staff did service the room, they routinely did not restock the towels, so while they removed the used towels they didn't replace with any so many evening we had to track towels down. The usual Hilton hospitality and desire to make things right before you notice they are wrong or at least help to make things better did not exist. The staff seemed not to communicate well between themselves and either were too busy with the Embassy Suites next door or were echoing management's view and approach to customers. One positive, the breakfast was generally good and the cook and hostess were very friendly - too bad they weren't the ones at the front desk.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ahmad E, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Homewood Suites Dulles North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay. I will take your feedback and use it as a learning experience to better serve our guests and to help our team pay attention to details.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to win your business again.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles- North
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I checked into the Homewood Suites in July for my brothers wedding. It was my first time at a Homewood Suites and I was surprisingly satified with the service and the staff's helpful attitude. There is not much to do in and around Ashburn but the hotel was in an area that was located next to several restaurants. The hotel mangement even called to ask if my stay was satifactory, which was a nice touch. The hotel definitely needs renovations, especially the TV and bathrooms. The carpet also looks a little dingy. However, overall I was satified with my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We are definitely working on some upgrades.
Thank you and hope you stay with us again!!

General Manager, Homewood Dulles- North
south of atlanta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the breakfast and dinner were very good with a nice variety. Many of the food service staff speak limited English, though, which was surprising.

The room was clean, but cramped. Decent kitchen. Beds were comfortable. It would be ok for four people probably, but our six were crowded. Small sink and mirror for multiple people to get ready. A single business person or couple would be fine, but for families you might want to look elsewhere.

Its an easy drive to DC, about 30 minutes without traffic problems. Don't miss the exit off of the toll road coming back from DC though, because the next toll is five dollars. That sucked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our clean hotel. I will definitely share your feedback with our team and congratulate them for a wonderful job. Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I'm appalled this hotel (one that I assume has traffic from a lot of business travelers considering the area) has yet to upgrade this hotel. I checked into my room around 11PM and had to leave the next morning at 700A, otherwise I would have left this hotel and stayed at a nicer one in the area. Even the Embassy Suites next to Homewood was sold out but from the images on its site, the rooms there looked no better than those here. This hotel looked like it was a throwback from 1994. I know Homewood is on the low end of the Hilton chain and I would have never booked this place for myself but I was still not pleased. Why anyone would pay $150+ (I think the rate here was around $200) to stay here is beyond me. I wouldn't have paid $100 for this place if it was on my tab. Maybe $59.99 . . .

Living/kitchen area of the suite:
fine/standard - no complaints there.

The room (2 bed queen):
Carpet was stained, why is there a tube TV? I had no clue they still existed, cheap, motelish bathroom bathtub and tile. I kept looking at the wall, nightstand, the sheets, the carpet . . . and couldn't help but notice gross looking stains or stuff, whatever it was . . .

All Homewood really needs to do here is upgrade/replace the carpet and bathrooms (the vanity was granite, surprisingly) and the place would actually be decent.

In the meantime, if you're at all picky and hate feeling like you're staying at a cheap motel, skip this place. This is a hotel I would expect to find off an exit in the sticks, not in an area where so many of the world's top companies are based.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes.We are working on upgrading the TV's and replacing the carpet.
We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you will give us another try!

Silver Spring, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here recently after having had a good experience with another Homewood suites in Philadelphia. First the front desk staff person could not find our reservation in the computer and then did not apologize afterwards. The carpet in our room was very stained and very thin. The TVs are old-style and the wireless Internet is also slow. On the positive side, the breakfast was decent and the breakfast staff was very friendly. There was also free parking. Overall I think I would try other hotels before coming back to this one.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Homewood Suites. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit. we are working on upgrading to new TV's. and we will have the internet upgrade in August.
I do want to thank you on recognizing our staff and the customer service we provide. I will take this and share it with the team.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles-North

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!