“Good Place Needs Renovations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Place Needs Renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I checked into the Homewood Suites in July for my brothers wedding. It was my first time at a Homewood Suites and I was surprisingly satified with the service and the staff's helpful attitude. There is not much to do in and around Ashburn but the hotel was in an area that was located next to several restaurants. The hotel mangement even called to ask if my stay was satifactory, which was a nice touch. The hotel definitely needs renovations, especially the TV and bathrooms. The carpet also looks a little dingy. However, overall I was satified with my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ahmad E, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We are definitely working on some upgrades.
Thank you and hope you stay with us again!!

General Manager, Homewood Dulles- North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
south of atlanta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the breakfast and dinner were very good with a nice variety. Many of the food service staff speak limited English, though, which was surprising.

The room was clean, but cramped. Decent kitchen. Beds were comfortable. It would be ok for four people probably, but our six were crowded. Small sink and mirror for multiple people to get ready. A single business person or couple would be fine, but for families you might want to look elsewhere.

Its an easy drive to DC, about 30 minutes without traffic problems. Don't miss the exit off of the toll road coming back from DC though, because the next toll is five dollars. That sucked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our clean hotel. I will definitely share your feedback with our team and congratulate them for a wonderful job. Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I'm appalled this hotel (one that I assume has traffic from a lot of business travelers considering the area) has yet to upgrade this hotel. I checked into my room around 11PM and had to leave the next morning at 700A, otherwise I would have left this hotel and stayed at a nicer one in the area. Even the Embassy Suites next to Homewood was sold out but from the images on its site, the rooms there looked no better than those here. This hotel looked like it was a throwback from 1994. I know Homewood is on the low end of the Hilton chain and I would have never booked this place for myself but I was still not pleased. Why anyone would pay $150+ (I think the rate here was around $200) to stay here is beyond me. I wouldn't have paid $100 for this place if it was on my tab. Maybe $59.99 . . .

Living/kitchen area of the suite:
fine/standard - no complaints there.

The room (2 bed queen):
Carpet was stained, why is there a tube TV? I had no clue they still existed, cheap, motelish bathroom bathtub and tile. I kept looking at the wall, nightstand, the sheets, the carpet . . . and couldn't help but notice gross looking stains or stuff, whatever it was . . .

All Homewood really needs to do here is upgrade/replace the carpet and bathrooms (the vanity was granite, surprisingly) and the place would actually be decent.

In the meantime, if you're at all picky and hate feeling like you're staying at a cheap motel, skip this place. This is a hotel I would expect to find off an exit in the sticks, not in an area where so many of the world's top companies are based.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes.We are working on upgrading the TV's and replacing the carpet.
We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you will give us another try!

Silver Spring, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here recently after having had a good experience with another Homewood suites in Philadelphia. First the front desk staff person could not find our reservation in the computer and then did not apologize afterwards. The carpet in our room was very stained and very thin. The TVs are old-style and the wireless Internet is also slow. On the positive side, the breakfast was decent and the breakfast staff was very friendly. There was also free parking. Overall I think I would try other hotels before coming back to this one.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Homewood Suites. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit. we are working on upgrading to new TV's. and we will have the internet upgrade in August.
I do want to thank you on recognizing our staff and the customer service we provide. I will take this and share it with the team.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

san jose, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I picked homewood suite because it was walking distance to where i had to work for few days..i think it was average

The good--
free breakfast (and dinner mon-thurs i hear but i didn't try it). They serve complimentary beer wine too- wine is not good at all but its free and only choice beer is bud i think
bed was comfy

the bad
Tube TVs in the room- i think it's time you upgraded
free internet is nice but it's so slow that it's almost unusable
free shuttle is hit or miss..i was stranded for couple hours waiting to be picked up from a restaurant. and other time i had to cab it...so don't rely on it
i was on the 2nd floor and could hear the cracking sounds of floor boards from the room above. Every time someone was walking upstairs i would hear it..was annoying when trying to sleep

Next time i will try the embassy suites next door

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Homewood Suites Dulles-North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay. we are working on upgrading the TV's and some of the other amenities.Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from Homewood Suits.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I are in the process of moving. Needless to say, after the exhausting process of moving out of the house in VA, it was nice to come back to this little oasis for a few days before settlement.

Our suite had two rooms - one with two queen beds (comfy!), bath, sink, vanity, and the good sized closet had a safe. The other room had a little living room with a sofa bed and fully-stocked kitchen with frig, dishwasher, range, and microwave. Breakfast and light dinner is included. What more could you ask for? I would definitely stay in a Homewood Suite again.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the top floor away from the elevator. It was incredibly quiet - I can't say e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

General Manager, Homewood Dulles-North
pittsburgh, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stay in Homewood Suites preferably when I travel. This hotel did not keep up with the standards that I have seen in other Homewood Suites. 1. Poor checkin - staff was confused did not know where the reservation was, no professionalism. 2. Non smoking room smelled like a smoking room. 3. Room was rundown and dirty, not that I expect a spotless room but I like to think it is relatively clean. (stains and hair on the sheets) 4. Checkout - staff again was confused, unsure how to checkout a guest. 5. Poor attitude - a take it or leave it attitude. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: stay in homewood suites dulles south if your coming to this area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes. We truly regret the difficulties you experienced during your stay and will make sure our team uses this feedback to improve Service during our peak seasons.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles- North

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!