“Comfortable-5/14/11” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
BERLIN, MD
“Comfortable-5/14/11”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Spacious, clean and comfortable accommodations. Bed and pillows were wonderful. In room coffee pot, fridge , microwave and wetbar were very convinient. The breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, potaoes, oatmeal and fruit. A bit more than the usual continental breakfast. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Parking was free and easy. I enjoyed my stay. I have recomended this property. I would stay here again. I was lucky on PriceLine.

The only things I did not like-1)Loud people in the hallway. 2)Litter in the hallway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager,
Homewood Suites Dulles North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites a number of times, and one thing I would like to note is how friendly are the staff.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family, this is a great place to stay!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I normally stay in a Hilton property, and with my family, typically a Homewood Suties. This property was as expected...a great property. They upgraded us to a two bedroom suite as I had two kids. Everything was clean and the free breakfast was just right. The only downside is that this hotel is very close to the airport so if airplane noise bothers you then that would be a problem, but this has nothing to do with the hotel experience itself. Great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, December 8, 2011

General Manager,
Homewood Suites Dulles North
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011 via mobile

Once again wowed at Homewood Suites. Everything was clean, spacious, and comfortable. A true home away from home. Finally found a hotel with a good shower head. Too bad folks tear up the furniture as a couple things were ripped or a little stained but nothing bad. Always love the free internet, free parking, free breakfast, and free evening food. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2011
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest

You are very important to us!
On behalf of the entire team at the Homewood Suites Ashburn, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I'm glad that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know. Also, I would like to "Thank You" for your great comments made through Trip Advisor!
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call. Thank you so much .

Dallas Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Yes, we stayed at the Homewood Suites, but connected to it was an Embassy Suites. One had an outdoor pool and the other an indoor. There were other things they shared, but we did not spend a lot of time at the hotel.

The time we did spend was sleeping and breakfast. The hotel was not full and they did a good job of spreading out the guest so they would not disturb each other. The breakfast was good but not fantastic. We did have supper one night and they had ordered from the local Italian place and it was very good. We did see a lot of dogs staying there, but they did not disturb us.

The front desk was helpful. My husband had business meetings all day and so I was left to my own devices. They helped me figure out how to get to the bus so that I could get to DC and enjoy sight seeing. I also saw them helping other guests with issues they were having.

Very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: This hotel does accept dogs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire team at the Homewood Suites Ashburn, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I'm glad that your stay was delightful and that you had such a great experience with our front desk personel. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know. Also, I would like to "Thank You" for your great comments made through Trip Advisor!

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Getting away from the coast, we moved inland away from Irene. I needed a hotel that would take my dog and this Homewood did just that, only for a $20 fee. If you've traveled with pets before, you already know how $20 is a steal.

Our stay was uneventful, except for a fire alarm in the early evening that was due to some teenagers playing with the smoke detector in their room. That was quickly resolved and my daughter got to see a fire truck! So she thought it was pretty fun and it made her night.

The room was not overly spacious, but it still was a one bedroom suite with two queen beds. We did not have to ask twice for the crib in the room, as it was here when we arrived. I don't know how many times we stay at hotels, request a crib, and then repeatedly request the crib until it finally shows. The bed was a little soft for me, so I had to pull out the sofa bed in the living room. A little lumpy, but I slept then.

We had dinner at the restaurant at the Embassy Suites next door to the Homewood. Great burgers! It is not actually a restaurant as you'd expect, but more of an extension of the breakfast nook, that oh by the way, serves dinner from a menu. We expected to find a traditional restaurant and scratched our heads as we were directed to the closed breakfast buffet area. The staff was wonderful.

The pool was small, but heated. When we arrived at the pool, we had it all to ourselves. Eventually a group of two adults and 8 children arrived. That drove us from the waters as they completely took over and created a total nightmare. There were screaming kids everywhere in such a small area.

All in all, a good stay during an emergency and the staff was very nice to work with. If ever in this area again, we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our family of 6 was very comfortable in our spacious, two room suite with kitchenette. As requested in advanced, a crib (pack 'n' play) was set up for the baby, and the sofa bed was pulled out and made. The room was impeccably clean. The only complaint I have is that the bed I slept in was unfortunately just beneath the air conditioning vent. Throughout the night I was periodically awakened by a blast of cool air. This wouldn't prevent me from staying at this hotel again though if the need arose. The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast was good. In addition to cereals, pastries, and seasonal fruit, there were hot items: bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, French toast, hashbrowns. Off the breakfast area there is an outdoor pool; there is also an indoor pool at the adjoining Embassy Suites which guests of both hotels share. In the same plaza there are some fast food restaurants: Mexican food and a burger joint. The Ashburn area is lovely. We attended the nearby beautiful St. Theresa's Chuch which appears to have a devout and vibrant congregation. Historic Leesburg is minutes away. And there is an outlet mall there. It took us about 45 minutes to get into DC with traffic due to construction. The best rate I found was the advanced rate through the hotel website (you need to book at least a week ahead).

Room Tip: advanced rate through hotel site
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!