“Spacious Suite, Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Milton, Ontario
“Spacious Suite, Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our family of 6 was very comfortable in our spacious, two room suite with kitchenette. As requested in advanced, a crib (pack 'n' play) was set up for the baby, and the sofa bed was pulled out and made. The room was impeccably clean. The only complaint I have is that the bed I slept in was unfortunately just beneath the air conditioning vent. Throughout the night I was periodically awakened by a blast of cool air. This wouldn't prevent me from staying at this hotel again though if the need arose. The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast was good. In addition to cereals, pastries, and seasonal fruit, there were hot items: bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, French toast, hashbrowns. Off the breakfast area there is an outdoor pool; there is also an indoor pool at the adjoining Embassy Suites which guests of both hotels share. In the same plaza there are some fast food restaurants: Mexican food and a burger joint. The Ashburn area is lovely. We attended the nearby beautiful St. Theresa's Chuch which appears to have a devout and vibrant congregation. Historic Leesburg is minutes away. And there is an outlet mall there. It took us about 45 minutes to get into DC with traffic due to construction. The best rate I found was the advanced rate through the hotel website (you need to book at least a week ahead).

Room Tip: advanced rate through hotel site
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days and the service was extraordinary. The stuff was very nice and caring. The rooms are very spacious and clean. It feels like arriving home.
I really enjoyed my stay there so next time I'm around that area I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

I loved staying at the Homewood suites. The personnel are absolutely so professional and very courteous. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. I definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2011
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We loved this hotel, everything was perfect. Check in was quick, and finding the hotel was not a problem. The room was very nice, it was a two bedroom two bathroom suite, so it was pretty big. Everything was very clean in the room, and the furniture was maintained very well. The TV's were not new, but still gave a nice picture. Everything worked well, and the room was quite comfy. The hallways were well-lit and clean also.

As for the two pools, we used both. I went every single night for four nights and loved it. When it was a nice night, I would go outside and swim a bit then go to the Embassy indoor pool until it closed at 10. They were very clean, and the hot tub was relaxing. Homewood Suites guests are entitled to the Embassy Pool, it's actually encouraged. You can go to the main desk at the Embassy, show your Homewood Card and they give you a temporary pass.

Breakfast was also good, French Toast one day, Pancakes another, and Waffles twice. Everything was warm and replaced very promptly. There was a lot to choose from, eggs every day, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, breads, muffins, fruit, doughnuts, and more. We stayed from a Friday to Tuesday so we had their light dinner Monday night and loved it. You can easily call it a full meal. That day there was Macaroni and Cheese (which surprisingly we LOVED), green beens, salad, and chicken. Also drinks too.

Location wise, there are now restaurants nearby and in walking distance. Walking distance is Moe's and 5 Guys Burgers. It's very hard though, to be a DC tourist from here. This hotel is perfect for the area and staying at the airport, but going into DC is quite the trip. To the nearest Metro is about 25 - 40 minutes without traffic, and you have to wait for a train and a long ride into DC. Basically, on the Metro it's easily and hour to get in, and an hour to get to the hotel. Also, is it me or are Norther Virginia Streets very difficult to follow? Everything by the hotel are routes and highways, or unpaved roads. I found it very hard to find what I needed in Norther VA, but that's not really the hotels fault.

The only things I did not like were, since it was a two bedroom room, the two safes in the closets did not work. One was locked when we got there and the other had a "low battery" so it would not lock. I found it odd that Both safes did not work. The other is that I questioned how sanitary the plates, dishes, bowls, and silverware the hotel provided us with. They were very spotty, and one time we came into our room while house keeping was cleaning and they stopped the dishwasher halfway through the cycle. I used my own plates and silverware just to be safe.

Other than those things, our stay was great, it was a true value for $620 for 4 nights in a two bedroom two bathroom room in the DC area. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Just stayed here for a trip into DC. A 30 minute drive if no traffic.
Very clean, and nice suites.
Nice location, indoor pool (shared with Embassy Suites next door), and very good hot breakfast.
The staff could have been friendlier however. The lady who checked us in was nice but no one went out of there way to say hi etc. When checking out, the man sat on his stool and asked room number and said okay. No thanks for staying, how were things, etc. Its not a big deal but these little things are what set this hotel from others like the residence inn down the street.
Only other minor complaint was no coffee in lobby 24 hours a day like most hotels.
Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

We just returned yesterday from a 4 night trip to DC with my mom and kids. We really enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites. On the night of arrival, we were originally considering changing hotels because it was so far out from DC and we were afraid it would be too much of a hassle getting in and out of DC each day. We decided to stay one night and see how it went after a trip to the city the next day. While it is about a 30 minute trip in traffic to reach the first metro station, it was well worth it to stay for what is included. Both breakfast and dinner (dinner only on weekdays) are included - and they are both hot meals (not just continental), there are two fitness centers and an indoor and outdoor pool. The staff is extremely courteous and it was very clean. As we were leaving, I told my mom that I wouldn't dream of staying at another place in DC when we come back because this is such a great deal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Though difficult to find after an 8 hour drive from Detroit, this hotel was very accomodating for my self, mother,sister and teenage cousin. The beds were so soft and comfotable I actually had a dream I was on a cloud! The complimentary breakfast could not be beat as we were on a mission and on a budget. Pet friendly and clean this hotel is a place I would have no problem returning to.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA? Share your experiences!