“Love this place. Grill daddy delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 150 restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place. Grill daddy delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

To go food is great - grab a menu and call ahrad. Marinated meats are fantastic. Also love picking a steak and have them cut it to my desired thickness.

85% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Long wait for my sub!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Decided to try a sandwich at this place for lunch. Got the Steak Tip Sub. When I ordered, there was no line and over 10 employees working behind the counter. Took over 30 minutes to get my sub. I'm not sure if it was a lack of communication between the cashier and cook or they just forgot about my order but either way, It should have not taken 30 min. Found myself standing in front of the counter waiting for my sandwich. Had to remind the cashier about my order.
The selection of seafood and meats look great since I had 30 minutes to browse them. Haven't gone back since.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Julie D, Public Relations Manager at The Wine'ing Butcher, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
We are very sorry for your wait time. Having just seen this review I can't comment on the why but hope that you will give us another try.
Fairfax, Virginia
“I am now the GRILL KING on my street.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is awesome. For many years we grilled mostly tenderloin filets with an occasional ribeye, because that is what the wife likes. Tasty, but expensive. The first time we went to this place, we initially headed for the tenderloin, but ended up taking a chance on the "marinated steak house tips". About $12 per pound I think, which is pretty good compared to grocery store tenderloin. So we took a chance, and to paraphrase Steve Jobs, they were INSANELY GREAT. The following weekend we had a few neighbors over and I grilled about eight pounds of these things over charcoal. Three minutes each side over high heat, then six minutes each side over medium high. They were a biiiig hit! Word got around quickly to the point where neighbors I don't really know stopped me to ask about them. They have three other marinaded steak tips, one is really spicy. I liked it, but most will think it is too spicy; like appetizer spicy. They have a teriyaki which I didn't try, and one other that we liked as well. Get a bit of each and have a steak tasting dinner.
Oh and they have a good wine selection with good prices too. Their egg salad is pretty good but I am no expert. I find myself shopping here about once or twice a week, even though it is out of the way for us. If you take away one thing from this review, it should be STEAK HOUSE TIPS.
btw this place sells carryout sandwiches, that's why it is categorized as a restaurant. I see it more as a destination.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for your review of the Wine'ing Butcher. We hope to see you again for meats for grilling, and we are happy you are Grill King!