“Great experience, bad food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Ashburn
Herndon, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great experience, bad food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I absolutely love the Alamo because of it's atmosphere. I have been there several times. I do not recommend eating there though. I recommend to have a drink and getting popcorn. I love the fact that they serve the popcorn in a homestyle bowl. I am only able to give average for the poor food selection and taste. I recommend it for the experience though.

Visited March 2014

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Best movie theater!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

After moving back home from Texas the biggest thing I missed was The Alamo Drafthouse. I was thrilled when one opened in Ashburn. Its still a 2 hour drive for us but we make a point to go at least twice a year! No stupid commercials, great pre-shows that cater to the movie you are seeing. Food and drinks are great too!

Visited April 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Nothing great as a movie theater, awful food smell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The movie theater is just average, nothing wrong with it, but nothing to write home about. What really turned us off is the food smell. I guess we would prefer if movie theaters, which are enclosed spaces, would stick to the standard fare: popcorn, hotdogs, nachos, chocolate. Having a more diverse and spicier menu may be attractive for some, but for us, the combination of smells was just unbearable, and it really took away from the movie experience.

Visited January 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
40 attraction reviews
“Very fun and good food too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This drafthouse was very nice and clean the food was good I had a burger and there is a very extensive menu to chose from.

Visited June 2014
Sterling, Virginia
“Disappointing first visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were (3) so looking forward to having a good time!
First, I ordered online 3 seats fourth row back in the center. What we got was end of the first row, and the manager said the place was sold out. So there was no changing our seats. Well if that was true then approx 30 people were no shows.
Second, turkey burger tasted so nasty it was returned, and the popcorn was cold, tasting a bit stale!
Good ice tea though! After spending $11.50 per ticket +over $40 bucks on food I should be writing a great review!

Visited May 2014