“Nice hole in the wall!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 156 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American
Ashburn, Virginia
“Nice hole in the wall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

So this is a cool hole in the wall, but in the middle of an industrial park. The beer I'd good. You have to try them all to know which one you want. The only downside is they close early. Usually by 9pm. Food is OK the beer is better. Enjoy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Don't wast your time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I went with my bf and his family of 4 because we had bought a groupon deal. HugE MisTAKE!!! The guy that was doing the tour said when told him we couldn't hear him in the back was that too bad he couldn't raise his voice. Then I got I'm line to get the growler and the shirt after waiting 10 min in line the girl told me I needed to go to the next line the other guy handles it . I get in that line for another 10 min the guy says he is not responsible for it so I decide to get a drink and cool off. While I am waiting for my drink, another customer came and asked for the groupon goodies and he just handed it to him.... Interesting. This place can not afford to so groupon deals because the place can probably only hold 100-150 but they sold over a 1,000 tickets for a beer festival that is happening??? You might need to be seated on the roof ! So anyway, we were all having a drink at the table then then the manager comes and plots a reserved table for 6 . ( it was 5:30 when we were there) seriously? While the customer is there you are going to reserve a table?? Her answer was well we actually don't reserve tables but this is a big group. Appearantly 6 of us wasn't enough for them. Save your money for a real brewery, whwre you don't have to wait 15 min for a drink

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great Appetizers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The crab stuffed, bacon wrapped, jalapenos were amazing! The Nachos were fantastic, and nothing beats beer from the source!

Visited March 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to Lost Rhino using a Living Social voucher, the voucher included a glass, tour, tshirt, growler (no beer), but you still had to pay for beer... but it was cheap to do so.

Beer: I'll start this by saying I'm not a HUGE beer fan; however, I do like the "craft beers" in the area. They have plenty on tap, but my review of the beer is a "take it or leave it" because of the flavors we may individually like. Out of about 9 on tap in the back, I liked 1, and that 1 I couldn't get in a growler because they were running out... My husband liked a few more than I did, so seems there is at least 1 that you will like! :)

Seating: terrible, there isn't enough room for such a popular place.

Atmosphere: we went once before and turned right around because it was so crowded and the band was SO LOUD that you couldn't hear yourself think. During this trip it was quiet and pleasant, so just be warned if you don't look at what's going on that day that it might be too much/too little for you. It also seems really "kid friendly", they had toys out, children were there, etc... which in a weird way I think is cool and disastrous at the same time. It is a bar after all.

Overall its a nice place to try new beers and maybe hang out because its close to home, but its not "the best microbrewery" I've ever come across.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good Beer, Blah Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

They have an extensive selection of beers (I think I counted 16 on the day we were there). They offer tastings of about 2 oz each, and that allows you to try a few of the beers in one visit. We enjoyed the beers we tasted. The food is decent. We tried the pretzels, and the jalapeno stuffed with crab meat wrapped in bacon, which were both very good. We also tried the pulled chicken BBQ, served with chips, which was horrible and it should be taken off of the menu. On days they don't have live music, they transform the stage area into a kids area by spreading some toys around it. We appreciated that a lot, so did my toddler son. Consequently, we ended up staying longer there because of such considerate accommodations. There were many other parents with children there, making the Lost Rhino a welcoming place for the whole family, as well as it should be, since there is no fundamental difference between going to a brewery and going to say, a restaurant.

• Visited March 2013