“Great Appetizers!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great Appetizers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The crab stuffed, bacon wrapped, jalapenos were amazing! The Nachos were fantastic, and nothing beats beer from the source!

Visited March 2013

Ashburn, Virginia
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to Lost Rhino using a Living Social voucher, the voucher included a glass, tour, tshirt, growler (no beer), but you still had to pay for beer... but it was cheap to do so.

Beer: I'll start this by saying I'm not a HUGE beer fan; however, I do like the "craft beers" in the area. They have plenty on tap, but my review of the beer is a "take it or leave it" because of the flavors we may individually like. Out of about 9 on tap in the back, I liked 1, and that 1 I couldn't get in a growler because they were running out... My husband liked a few more than I did, so seems there is at least 1 that you will like! :)

Seating: terrible, there isn't enough room for such a popular place.

Atmosphere: we went once before and turned right around because it was so crowded and the band was SO LOUD that you couldn't hear yourself think. During this trip it was quiet and pleasant, so just be warned if you don't look at what's going on that day that it might be too much/too little for you. It also seems really "kid friendly", they had toys out, children were there, etc... which in a weird way I think is cool and disastrous at the same time. It is a bar after all.

Overall its a nice place to try new beers and maybe hang out because its close to home, but its not "the best microbrewery" I've ever come across.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good Beer, Blah Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

They have an extensive selection of beers (I think I counted 16 on the day we were there). They offer tastings of about 2 oz each, and that allows you to try a few of the beers in one visit. We enjoyed the beers we tasted. The food is decent. We tried the pretzels, and the jalapeno stuffed with crab meat wrapped in bacon, which were both very good. We also tried the pulled chicken BBQ, served with chips, which was horrible and it should be taken off of the menu. On days they don't have live music, they transform the stage area into a kids area by spreading some toys around it. We appreciated that a lot, so did my toddler son. Consequently, we ended up staying longer there because of such considerate accommodations. There were many other parents with children there, making the Lost Rhino a welcoming place for the whole family, as well as it should be, since there is no fundamental difference between going to a brewery and going to say, a restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great craft beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Predictably perfect beer! Favorite place for beer. All beers are brewed on site....in Ashburn! The pilsner is a must followed closely behind by Face Plant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Laid back hole in the wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I have been coming here just about every other week for a few months now. The beer is fantastic, and we have always been pleased with the food. They try to do things as local as possible, and I really appreciate that., and absolutely nothing is fried!
They have about 8 beers on draught that they brew right there on location. The pints cost around $4, and you can get a 5 oz. pour for around $1.25.
The atmosphere here is fun and very casual. You order everything up at the bar, they give you a number and bring your food out to you. The service is usually very fast, but on really crowed days, it can take a few minutes longer.
You can do a tour on Saturdays for $8, which also includes a bunch of beer samples. They also have live music every Friday, and the first Monday of every month. They release a new beer on that first Monday, and also change their menu every month to suit what's in season in the area.
Oh, and did I mention that growler fills are only $8!!?? Plus they give you $1 off of a growler fill on Sundays.

• Visited February 2013