“Pizza-licious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Ashburn, VA
“Pizza-licious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've had a few different dishes at Anthony's and simply cannot complain. Their Chicken Parmigiana is outstanding! Huge portion and tastes wonderful. The easy, quick meal is pizza. The restaurant is right next to Papa John's and there is definitely no comparison. Anthony's has awesome pizza.

I would definitely recommend the food here, but stay away when it's piano night. (they need to learn some new songs and maybe get some new voices.)

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northern Virginnie
“The best Italian food in Ashburn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Anthony's has always had delicious food. Their marinara sauce is addictive and, my husband, coming from an Italian family in the Northeast, knows marinara. The portions are generous and their meat fork tender - I have yet to need a knife when having their chicken in any dish. Seafood dishes are also a yum - and without any fishy aroma - we can tell that Anthony's uses only the freshest seafood.
The only reason that I didn't give this restaurant an "excellent" rating is that service can be a little random - although it is far better than it was. But everyone working at Anthony's is friendly and trying to make your dining experience a good one.
When you go, and you should, just bring your patience, maybe have a glass of wine, and relax.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“Another great meal at anthonys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I eat here 2 or 3 days a week. I hit them for lunch and diner. Value is great. Ate pizza last night and lobster ravioli tonight. Also tonight they had a pianist and horn player. Great place

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Virginia
“Try it - you'll love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I live nearby so we wandered in a few weeks ago for lunch. The salads are large and fresh, and the waiter complied with all of her special requests. You know how women can get when they order their salads! I was very happy with my gyro and pita. Just good stuff.

Anyway, family comes to town for Christmas, and on Saturday night before Christmas, we wanted to go out for dinner. Most restaurants in our area are packed on Saturdays, so we decided to bring everyone to Anthony's. We called ahead, and not ony was our table of 14 ready for us, but so was delicious complimentary garlic bread. Nice touch. David, our waiter, was very engagig, and he had the whole staff working with him. The owner also appeared several times to check on us, and also recommended a very nice wine for those in the group who were drinking.

Lots of different dishes ordered in this group, and I tried quite a few of them. My special, baby clams in a white wine sauce over linguini was very good. Kids got steak and cheese sandwiches - steak piled high and good bread. Chicken Marsala was very good, although only one chicken breast came with the dis - lots of places will give you two. Kid's chicken tenders are home made and really taste great. Bargain on the whole menu is the Mozzerella Stromboli. For $ 4.99 you get a golden brown stromboli stuffed with cheese and the marinara in Anthony's tastes like gravy/sauce that you might find in New York.

This place has never been crowded when we have been there - I hope that it is doing enough business to stay open. Trust me - in Ashburn this is the best Italian food you will find. By far. Oh, they have an expansive menu that is not just Italian. The flafel, for example was done just right.

PLenty of seats available, attentive staff, interested owner, good prices - what is not to like?

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I went to Anthony's for the first the service fast, attentive, friendly and all staff work together and our dining experience a terrific one. And their lunch special shows all sandwiches with soda, and fries only $6.99. We definitely be coming back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere