“The Aroma in the Air Didn't Lie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Urban Bar-B-Que Restaurant & Catering- Ashburn

Urban Bar-B-Que Restaurant & Catering- Ashburn
44050 Ashburn Shopping Plz Ste 151, Suite #151, Ashburn, VA (Formerly Urban Bar-B-Que Company)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 150 restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: Barbecue
“The Aroma in the Air Didn't Lie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

About 9:30am I arrived in the Ashburn Shopping Plaza on business and smelled the BBQ aroma in the parking lot as I got out of the car. The Urban BBQ wasn't open till eleven but I figured I had to return for lunch.
The help was enthusiastic and very helpful with whats favorite and special on the menu. Smoked pork plate was good portion and you could add your favorite sauce. Corn bread had - you guessed it, Corn in it!
Informal, polite, and good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

59% Recommend
Ashburn, VA
“Best BBQ not out of a rusted school bus in NoVA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I happened upon this place over the weekend while visiting the wine shop a couple of doors down in the Ashburn Village Shopping Plaza. I had no idea this restaurant was opened- although I think it's been open a couple of months- and decided to try some take-out. I will be returning to dine in.

I had the pulled pork platter with sides of beans and fries and cornbread. The pork was tender, not dry and had just the right smokey flavor; it came with little to no sauce, letting you taste the meat and allowing you to add your favorite sauce. I love Carolina bbq and their Carolina bbq sauce was very good--not too spicy but you can always add hot sauce or some of their own hot sauce; they also have a red bbq sauce and a yellow, mustard based sauce. I like that the meat comes without much sauce, letting fans of Carolina and Texas bbq coexist here. The beans were sweet and tasty, the fries better than average (they reminded me of Five Guys fries) and the cornbread moist, not dry and flaky.

The menu is fairly extensive, including the usual chicken and ribs, as well as burgers and salads, so everyone can find something here.

The staff was very friendly, explaining all the choices and sauces. Ordering is at the counter (large menu board behind the counter) and there are plenty of tables. It's not the usual take-out only bbq joint.

There is also a good selection of beers, including some local craft beers, making a dine in visit high on my priority list.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not sure what to make of this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

It looked nice and everyone was pleasant but the pulled pork just did not taste very good. It was greasy. Everything was greasy, the buns were greasy and the fries were greasy and it was impossible to eat the sandwich without everything falling apart. I'm not sure what to make of the prices since I couldn't get past the food.

I wouldn't write them off completely though, it's a new business and a few folks in my office actually recommended them so perhaps my experience was an anomaly. I just don't need a grease soaked bun falling apart on me at lunch.

Visited April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Cool decorations, great service, very chill ambiance, fantastic food, moderate pricing.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“Good food and beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We heard about this new place and decided to check it out. We were impressed with the food, the kids liked their meals, the beer selection was very good and the decor was funky. Between all of us we tried a bunch of different things; ribs, chicken, pulled pork, mac and cheese, and all of it was very tasty. The service was friendly and the place was clean. We got there around dinner time on a Saturday and lucked out getting a table. They were doing a lot of business, so I can see it getting so full that you need to wait for a table.
We'll go again.