“always a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“always a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

my friends and i go here often to eat during our lunch break. the gyros are so tasty that sometimes i end up here more than once a week! i also love their appetizers--the saganaki, octopus and calamari are amazing. we love the decor and the relaxed atmosphere. the owner is always pleasant to speak with and very kind.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had the moussaka, and my wife had the Opa Chicken. Both were ok, but nothing to write home about. Also tried the baklava, which was pretty good.
Thought the prices were a bit steep for what it was.
The place is small, nicely decorated, but exceptionally loud (even more so with yelling kids). Don't plan on a quiet meal at this place.
Staff were friendly, and for the most part attentive.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“A place my Greek friends recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Everything has been great. We've tried everything from the octopus, the saganaki, the lamb dishes, to the hummus. Everything is fantastic. I would go there once a week if I could. The kids menu is tasty as well. Can't say enough about Opa!

Leesburg, Virginia
“Found a Dang good Gyro!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have had their Chicago Gyro (Lamb & Beef) and Chicken Kabob - both very tasty and flavorful. The gyros so far are the best we have had in the area - meat is juicy and seasoned well, the thin red onions offer just enough crunch & flavor, tatziki sauce was fresh and the pita is perfect (fresh, soft and not too bready) = delish! The chicken kabob was moist (hate overcooked chicken) and flavorful. The accompanying rice was also very tasty. I'm the queen of takeout, the service is good. They're pleasant taking your order over the phone, they read it back to you and their pick up times are fairly accurate. They're just as pleasant when you come inside. I really like this place, one of these days we're going to eat in!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice surprise under pressure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Although I live just a few miles away, it took a Washington Post review for me to notice the unassuming restaurant in a strip mall. We went on a Saturday night the week after The Post's review and it was packed. We had the foresight to call ahead and were seated within a few minutes. When the staff mentioned it was extra busy due to the favorable review, I knew we would see the restaurant's true colors. And rise to the challenge they did. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food, fresh and tasty. Baked feta, baked olives and dolmas were just part of the appetizer platter worthy of being a meal. Calamari was nicely done. Lamb kabobs, Village Salad and Mousakka (best I have ever had) were all crowd pleasers. The entire table shared all entrees (or as much as the person was willing to share). Gyros on a return visit were excellent. And if I left out how tasty the pita bread was, I would be be doing a disservice. My 10 year old son, the picky eater, was enthusiastic about the chicken strips so something for everyone.

The atmosphere is a bit stark. Yes, you are aware of the store front setting when you walk in, but it will dissolve once you take your first bite.

• Visited November 2012