“Noisy & busy but good food”
Review of Ford's Fish Shack

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night

85% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Ford's Fish Shack
Phila, PA
“Noisy & busy but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was traveling on business and ate here on a Sunday night. I did call ahead and was told about 25 min wait. Ended up being more like 45 min because as a single I was passed over by several couples who came in after me. The hostess was very nice and apologized but I still felt slighted because I was alone. The noise level was pretty high so you wouldn't want a romantic dinner there; but good for a bunch of friends or families. The complimentary mini corn muffins with maple butter were tasty. They have a nice selection of beer and I tried the Sea Dog Wild Blueberry which I really liked. The special was a crab cake and lobster tail for $26 which I thought was reasonable. It came with a large amount of shoestring french fries. The crabcake was one of the best I've had....no filler and toasted breadcrumbs on top. The lobster tail was a good size and very tender with sweet butter on the side. The waitstaff was attentive but a little slow bringing the check. All-in-all I would definitely recommend Ford's but definitely call ahead for a reservation and you might want to try a less busy weeknight.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The crowds tell the story!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

In area for funeral. Look place up. Had good reviews. Surprised so crowded on Wednesday night. Soon found out why. Had fish taco and shrimp roll at the bar. Portions were large. Price reasonable. Wine selection excellent. Weight staff pleasant and attentive. Recommend to everyone but don't go if looking for quite dinner.

Concord
“Ford's is fantasic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went here on the recommendation of the hotel I was staying at for business. Propably the best recommendation I have gotten from a hotel. They even gave me a free appetizer coupon, which I used on getting the Angry Mussels. Awesome dish, could have been my main course: loads of mussels, great tomatoe/onion/sausage with a crazy good sauce. The decor is great, not overly done and dark wood tones. Expect a wait, I went on a Tues. and there was a 30min wait for a table. However I would certainly go again.

NoVA
“First Rate Casual Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a family dinner with 2 adults and 2 older teens. Had: 1) lobster fried and steamed, 2) scallops and shrimp, 3) half ribs with half fried lobster tail and 4) a burger.

Pros:
Outstanding service
All meals were delicious
A new treat - fried lobster tail was fantastic
Casual comfortable environment we all could enjoy

Cons:
None.

Our server gave excellent advice and was very attentive to our needs. I felt like my family's eating experience was his top concern, and by the end of the meal I was glad I trusted his advice. He suggested the fried lobster tail, saying he never had anyone say other than positive things - and we are glad we listened to him. All the food was excellent and we left happy that we came. This is our new favorite place to eat!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Fried Shrimp Basket - every time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The crowds tell the story. You may have a wait to be seated but it's worth it every time. Food here is delicious. Shrimp basket is my go to but also love the salmon salad and the bisque. Neighboring diner asked for a straw with his second bowl! Another tip try the muddled blueberry lemonade...wow. Wish they took reservations but they will do call ahead or check the bar area where its first come first served. Most folks don't mind the wait for this very popular Ashburn location.

• Visited June 2013