“Outstanding seafood restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
IAD
“Outstanding seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I have been frequent diners since Ford's opened. The food is consistently amazing, the staff is awesome! We have probably tried everything on the menu. We recently had their Halibut special, it was off the scale delicious - perfectly cooked with an amazing cauliflower mash and perfectly steamed asparagus. The mussels are especially good this time of year. The lines are always long and if you want to a seat at the bar, arrive by 5:00 pm seven days a week. Happy Hour oysters and "huge" shrimp for $1 and great prices on beer and wine. Love, love, love, this place! Our favorite waitress is Joy - she rocks!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Ashburn, VA
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We haven't been to Fords for over a year; we went last night and had an excellent meal. The lobster rolls are awesome - oysters were good, scallops, and even the hot dog and caesar salad were appreciated. It's great to see a local restaurant that is consistently good! Good wines by the glass; and ample seating for a party of 6. We will definitely be back and won't wait for a whole year!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterford, Virginia, United States
“Lunch - Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Fresh... Fresh... I'm not a big seafood fan, but the three folks that joined me are. Two had the crab cake and one had the fish and chips. All enjoyed their meals. I chickened out and went with the bacon wrapped hotdog... Good but I wish I had tried the fish. I will next time!!

Visited April 2013
“Best Happy Hour Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Love their Fish Tacos and Angry Mussells! However their $1 Oysters and $1 Jumbo shrimp can't be beat! Come early to get a seat! The atmosphere is fun and the service is really good for Happy Hour! The only thing is that Happy Hour applies only to the bar area!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent Seafood restaurant in Ashburn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lunch was excellent. I had made reservations for 2p.m. i was surprised when the hostess told me that since i was made aware that is was a 40-55 min wait over the phone (which I wasnt) I only had to wait another 15min. she was pleasant enough, and it was super busy, I decided to wait it out. The wait was less than 15 min. i ordered the blueberry lemonade which was exellent. I ordered the Lobster bisque which was excellent. The Maine lobster roll is amazing. Our server, Courtney, was so attentive and took excellent care of us. Definitely a great spot for seafood in Ashburn.

• Visited April 2013