“The Best of Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Aldie, Virginia
“The Best of Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ford's is a great local restaurant that we consistently hit up for lunch and dinner. The menu is small enough to be considered the anti-Cheesecake Factory. Everything is fresh and delicious and the service is always good. Last Saturday I stopped in for brunch with my dad and daughter and spotted a little something on the menu they call Crabcake Benedict. It consists of two crab cakes, buttermilk biscuit, two poached eggs, hollandaise sauce, brunch potatoes & asparagus. I wasn't 100% sure about going this route so I asked Linda the bartender and she said, "It's money". Ok, don't ever doubt Linda because she was spot on. I hesitate to publish this review because I would hate to saddle up to the bar on a weekend and find out they are sold out. I'm taking a leap of faith that Ford's will always have a mountain of fresh goods in the kitchen to keep the Crabcake Benedict flowing. Well done Ford's Fish Shack, well done.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

northern VA
“Great place to eat in Ashburn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have been here several times and always a great experience. The food has been excellent as well as the waitstaff. The manager has always stopped by to make sure everything is ok and we are being taken care of. We usually do not go out to eat often and rarely to the same place twice but since discovering Ford's that is our #1 spot to go when dining out even over trying new restaurants. The only downside is that it has become a popular place and there can be a wait to be seated during peak times. You can call and make reservations though which is nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling, Virginia
“Tasty Seafood, Delicious Beers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have eaten here about 3-4 times over the past year or so. Always have had a great experience. It can get noisy in the bar area but it is a bar and a not a huge space, very cozy and welcoming. There can be a wait so it's best to call ahead, they do take reservations. They have a small patio area outside with a few tables that is nice when it's not too hot or too cold out. They also have a great beer selection. My favorite is the Port City Revival Stout on tap, Try it! you can't go wrong! I have still been trying to get out there for brunch. Have heard nothing but good things about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Herndon
“Above Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Every time we've visited, the food has been excellent... especially during brunch. We always call ahead since they typically have a long wait. Our favorites on the menu are: blueberry lemonade, lobster bisque (good but a little saltier than I'd prefer), cornflake-crusted french toast (to die for), crabcake benedict, fish tacos, BLT egg croissant sandwich, etc. Definitely worth checking out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Too loud was just the beginning.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My lobster tail arrived late, then was so salty I couldn't eat it (I'm not one to avoid salt). My husband's blackened scallops were good, kid salmon fine and nice beer selection. But we won't go back because of the noise level. Every restaurant can have a bad night, but you can't fix loud. And be prepared to call ahead for 1.5 hour wait and then wait another 20 minutes once you arrive.