“Beef, its what's for dinner.”
Review of Blue Ridge Grill

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night

87% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Blue Ridge Grill
Lansing, Michigan
“Beef, its what's for dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent friendly service from all of the staff. Even though it was a very busy evening, the wait was reasonable. Staff was helpful with some recommendations and food was prepared well and very good. We will be back, hopefully when it is warn enough to enjoy the patio.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frisco, Colorado
“A good place before or after the movies, even with kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Next to a large movie complex, this upscale restaurant has modern decor and an attractive bar area with television. The staff members were all helpful and friendly. I was there for lunch with my granddaughters (12 & 10 yo) and two of their friends. The children's menu was ideal in choice and serving size, and the adult menu is comprehensive. This was a quick lunch, so all I had was a grilled cheese sandwich and sweet potato fries, but the entrées at other tables were a good size and well-presented. Will definitely go back for dinner with our granddaughters' parents!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Very good, a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at this restaurant on a recent trip with a reccomendation from the hotel desk clerk. I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant was very nice inside, no wait to get to a table and the wait staff was very attentive throughout the meal. I ordered a rib eye steak medium rare with a loaded baked potato. The steak was a large portion, juicy, tender and cooked perfectly. The baked potato was very good as well, nicely salted outside and lots of bacon, cheese, chives and sour cream inside. You can tell the place was well run as they paid attention to all the small details you expect in a good dining experience. I will be back when I visit the area again. It was a tad pricey but not too bad.

Oak Hill, Virginia, United States
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant after reading other reviews. We called ahead and our table was ready when requested, which was impressive because it was a busy Friday night. The bartender was fabulous. She didn't have ingredients to make my husband's favorite drink so concocted one for him. We shared the spinach and artichoke dip, which was good, but didn't come with enough chips for all of the dip. The bread seemed stale - none of us ate it. I had the St. Peter fish and was happy they could blacken it for me instead of breading it. It was good, but a bit overcooked. The risotto and remainder of my dish was good, but not great. My hubby and girlfriend had the Ahi Tuna Steak, which was not seared well and was just ok. Her hubby had the burger and was most pleased with his meal. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things, but I won't go back based on the food. There are much better options at this price range.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DC Metro Area
“Great neighborhood restaurant with consistently good food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been frequenting BRG (as its known to the locals) for several years at both their Leesburg and Ashburn locations. I've never had a bad meal at either location and the service is top-notch. I love the fact the Ashburn location is next to my favorite movie theater so I can get a pre or post film meal.

Their soup of the day is excellent; the daily lobster bisque is divine and if you're there on a day the chicken tortilla is served, be sure to order at least a cup if not an entire bowl as it too is delicious (I have friends who specifically request we hit up BRG on chicken tortilla soup night).

The Ahi tuna salad is very good and another favorite.

As I can no longer eat gluten, I can only attest to the awesome steak and cheese egg rolls from several years' prior experience. The spinach and artichoke dip is still a table favorite.

I now order both the ciabatta chicken sandwich and prime rib sandwich without bun, both are great.

Prime rib and barbecue ribs are also table favorites.

Came here twice for Sunday brunch and it was amazing. They bring out hot fresh churros liberally dosed with powdered sugar. The aroma alone is tantalizing. Sadly, I cannot eat them but my friends have no problem inhaling them. They'll bring you more too...

Save room for dessert!

Service here too is excellent. I find prices reasonable and well worth their value.

Word to the wise: this place gets packed so be sure to do a call-ahead to reserve a table.

• Visited October 2012