“Great neighborhood restaurant with consistently good food and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ridge Grill

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
DC Metro Area
“Great neighborhood restaurant with consistently good food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been frequenting BRG (as its known to the locals) for several years at both their Leesburg and Ashburn locations. I've never had a bad meal at either location and the service is top-notch. I love the fact the Ashburn location is next to my favorite movie theater so I can get a pre or post film meal.

Their soup of the day is excellent; the daily lobster bisque is divine and if you're there on a day the chicken tortilla is served, be sure to order at least a cup if not an entire bowl as it too is delicious (I have friends who specifically request we hit up BRG on chicken tortilla soup night).

The Ahi tuna salad is very good and another favorite.

As I can no longer eat gluten, I can only attest to the awesome steak and cheese egg rolls from several years' prior experience. The spinach and artichoke dip is still a table favorite.

I now order both the ciabatta chicken sandwich and prime rib sandwich without bun, both are great.

Prime rib and barbecue ribs are also table favorites.

Came here twice for Sunday brunch and it was amazing. They bring out hot fresh churros liberally dosed with powdered sugar. The aroma alone is tantalizing. Sadly, I cannot eat them but my friends have no problem inhaling them. They'll bring you more too...

Save room for dessert!

Service here too is excellent. I find prices reasonable and well worth their value.

Word to the wise: this place gets packed so be sure to do a call-ahead to reserve a table.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Reliably decent food at somewhat elevated prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

You'll always get a decent meal here. It won't be great, but it will be above average, as will the prices. A good place to eat and then catch a movie next door.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Tasty, if a bit pricy, but reliably good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We started with an order of chili and chips, which was tasty, and hit the spot. I had the chicken piccata and my fiancé had the chicken fingers (as one of us usually does- battered and fried on premices). The piccata was good- the chicken was moist and the sauce was a definite highlight. The fingers were predictably delicious as usual. Service was spot on, and a nice upscale atmosphere without being stuck up. The only reason I took a point off was because the bill was a bit startling. But, if you can get past a little but of sticker shock, you can't go wrong with BRG.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Aldie, Virginia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Brought my out-of-town family here over the holidays after visiting the location in Leesburg this summer. The bruschetta was wonderful - so fresh tasting with a healthy helping of creamy goat cheese and tangy balsamic vinegar. I had the rockfish special with a poblano cream sauce and yummy mashed potatoes. My mom had a shrimp pasta special that was so good she actually finished the whole portion, which is unusual for her. I love their call ahead seating option as we live in Stone Ridge and it helps minimize the wait time for our 10-month old son. BRG and Ford's Fish Shack are my two favorite options in Ashburn as they are consistent in both taste and service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our "default" eatery near home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our family loves Blue Ridge. We eat here all the time. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and fast (which is key with kids). The atmosphere welcoming and most importantly family friendly.

It is a little pricey which is why I sometimes suggest a change of venue sometimes, but we always come back.

They have yet to disappoint.

Visited December 2012