“Wow!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

I'm not sure where to start. The room was gorgeous and extremely clean. The standard room comes with a microwave and refridgerater at no additional cost. Everything looked new and the couch in the room was actually comfortable and clean which is rare. I love the european style bathroom where the toilet is seperate from the shower so you don't have to wait to use the restroom (however the bathrrom is directly accross from the bed).

I have stayed in over 100 hotels and this is by far the best included breakfast I've ever had. Not only was the area spotless throughout service, but there was someone to make or assist you in making your breakfast if you like.

The hotel is seconds from a large array of resteraunts and the front desk is very accomadating in giving you printed out directions and suggestions. You may want to request this information as the government has closed several near by streets for constuction. You can't hear the construction while at the hotel or see it until you drive by the streets.

Lastly be sure to get a alternative address if you are using a GPS because many don't have the hotel's street on it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Our stay in this hotel was perfect, the staff were helpful and courteous, breakfast was great, room was clean except for the liner of the shower curtain, needs some replacement or cleaning(maybe it was just overlooked), not a big deal, it was very minor compared to the comfort we experienced, the room was spacious and.... my favorite....the separate shower and toilet, and the hair dryer (not the tiny one connected to the wall with a very annoying sound), added bonus were the microwave and paper plates and cutlerys, it could have been better if there was a small safe in the room. safe was on the front desk, not very convenient. (also very minor)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We just arrived home from a 4 day trip to Washington,DC. We stayed at the Springhill Suites, Ashburn Dulles North. As a family of five: two adults, 19, 17, and 13 year olds, we stayed in two rooms. The rooms were new and large. Each suite had two queens and a pull out couch. With breakfast included, each suite was only $79/night on the weekend - a REAL BARGAIN!! The décor is very modern and retro 70’s. We appreciated the separate bathroom/toilet area. The breakfast was good although a suggestion would be to change it up a little bit so as not to have the same offerings every day. The woman, who seems to be in charge of this, is lovely and very attentive. The area itself is very isolated from restaurants, grocery stores but fortunately we had a car. The drive into Washington was about 40 minutes and because we visited on a weekend, we found very inexpensive parking nearing the Capital Building.. $5/day. There is also street parking on the weekends. Although I hesitate to mention this, I feel I should. Just before checkout, we discovered a large black beetle in our room. My husband took it down to the front desk and they released it outside.. make of that what you will. Upon unpacking at home, a black spider was in my toiletry case. I suspect that because the hotel is surrounded by fields, bugs are common.... just a warning to check your bags before unpacking at home! However I stress... these are neither bed bugs nor cockroaches. I would definitely revisit this hotel and look forward to visiting Washington again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

This hotel is beautiful. It's either newly built or renovated, and it shows. Our room had a comfortable king bed, nice sitting area with stylish contemporary furnishings, and large LCD TV. I liked how the powder room was separated from the shower and vanity. It's a convenient feature when you have two people getting ready in the morning. There is a free hot breakfast, very delicious. Because we were on vacation, I didn't bring a laptop, so had to use the free computer station. They could use more than 2 computers because there was a bit of a wait first thing in the morning.

This hotel would be perfect for stylish travelers, except that it's in the middle of nowhere. It's in a undeveloped suburb, so there aren't any attractions around. It's also a bit of a drive to restaurants or shopping. There is major highway construction, so it's difficult to find and navigate around. I'm sure this is why our rate was so low, because otherwise it's a very beautiful and comfortable place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

My family and I, total of 4 adults, stayed at this hotel for one night to go to a wedding at Lost Creek Winery. It was perfect. The suite was modern in design and set up. I felt like I was staying at a boutique hotel. The staff were very friendly. The free breakfast had healthy choices and nothing ran out. I loved the lobby area. It look like a lounge at a trendy bar even though there isn't one. However, they do sell beer and wine in the lobby but it closes at midnight. I'll stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

The Springhill is the best place to stay in Ashburn. Jason the Manager is the best to work with. He makes sure this place is looking great 24/7. Great location close to Dulles Airport. Rooms are very modern and functional!!! I stayed during the big snow storm the past winter and friends also stayed as well and they enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I was blown away by the design of this hotel! It didn't mater that I got lost trying to find it (call them for directions - don't use your GPS because all the roads are new there!) because as soon as I stepped into my room, I felt all light and airy again.

The design was functional and modern and included every possible amenity. The suites were under-priced because I would have thought I was staying in a much lower quality hotel than this. Even the microwave had disposable plates and plastic ware for guests. Additionally, the lobby had a small convenience store inside, so one could purchase frozen dinners and drinks, if necessary, instead of driving to the grocery store and getting lost again. The hotel also had a patio bonfire area that we utilized. The elevators were quick. The halls were quiet, despite the fact that I know for a fact two sets of wedding guests were in the building.

The staff was AMAZING. I spoke with several of them over the course of my stay, and all were super friendly. Whether I called the hotel five times in five minutes to ask for directions or rummaging their refrigerator a midnight for hot pockets, they were all wonderful.

Also, breakfast was delicious. Their buffet really was above average. Fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, pastries, and all the other normal stuff like fruits, cereals, and juices, were available.

Complaints: The pool is the smallest pool I've ever seen in my life. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it. There's no light-blocking windowshade in the rooms. I had a bit of a hard time sleeping because of the sunlight. Also, the bathroom door slides. I suppose that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it means the door separating the toilet and the bed is not sound-proofed. That was seriously the only design flaw in the rooms that I could possibly mention.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!