“Best Hotel in Ashburn!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shop and Stay Your Way
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Winchester, Virginia
“Best Hotel in Ashburn!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

The Springhill is the best place to stay in Ashburn. Jason the Manager is the best to work with. He makes sure this place is looking great 24/7. Great location close to Dulles Airport. Rooms are very modern and functional!!! I stayed during the big snow storm the past winter and friends also stayed as well and they enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I was blown away by the design of this hotel! It didn't mater that I got lost trying to find it (call them for directions - don't use your GPS because all the roads are new there!) because as soon as I stepped into my room, I felt all light and airy again.

The design was functional and modern and included every possible amenity. The suites were under-priced because I would have thought I was staying in a much lower quality hotel than this. Even the microwave had disposable plates and plastic ware for guests. Additionally, the lobby had a small convenience store inside, so one could purchase frozen dinners and drinks, if necessary, instead of driving to the grocery store and getting lost again. The hotel also had a patio bonfire area that we utilized. The elevators were quick. The halls were quiet, despite the fact that I know for a fact two sets of wedding guests were in the building.

The staff was AMAZING. I spoke with several of them over the course of my stay, and all were super friendly. Whether I called the hotel five times in five minutes to ask for directions or rummaging their refrigerator a midnight for hot pockets, they were all wonderful.

Also, breakfast was delicious. Their buffet really was above average. Fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, pastries, and all the other normal stuff like fruits, cereals, and juices, were available.

Complaints: The pool is the smallest pool I've ever seen in my life. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it. There's no light-blocking windowshade in the rooms. I had a bit of a hard time sleeping because of the sunlight. Also, the bathroom door slides. I suppose that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it means the door separating the toilet and the bed is not sound-proofed. That was seriously the only design flaw in the rooms that I could possibly mention.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

My fiance and I spent a week at this hotel in May 2010. It was a fantastic experience, the hotel staff was great and the complimentary breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts we have experienced. There aren't very many things next to the hotel but there are many dining choices within two miles of the hotel. We traveled about 1 or 2 miles down the road into Ashburn Village to eat multiple times. Although there were a lot of middle school aged children staying in the hotel we never heard them. It was a great experience and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

My husband and I and my daughter and her family stayed here. We were traveling from Philadelphia for our granddaughters 2nd birthday. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The place was immaculate and the price was excellent for a suite with a frig, microwave, complimentary coffee, and desk with internet access. Would stay here again in a minute. The pool was a little small but that didn't stop us from swimming.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

This hotel is new and clean. The staff are friendly. It is a bit far from Dulles but is a newly developing area. The breakfast was fresh and good except the eggs and sausage which were cooked fine but all hotels these days use rubbery scrambled eggs and sausage patties which I don't care for. The young women serving breakfast was extremely friendly. Nice fitness area and very small pool but better than nothing. Now the decor. I've always enjoy Residence Inn, Springhill Suites etc. decor which was modern but this new design is a whole new level. The separate bathrooms in the room were neat but no toilet in the one with a shower and I personally like a sink shower and toilet in a room. The wood paneling and proximity to the bathroom made me feel like a hospital. However, it was different and I'm sure many like it. That being said, I may return based on cleanliness, the friendliness, and the amenities.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on the second night it was open. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was very nice. It was refreshingly different from your usual hotel room. The sliding doors fascinated my daughter, and the privacy screen dividing the desk/couch area from the beds was a nice touch. We also appreciated that we could actually set the room temp ourselves, and were able to turn the fan system fully off when we were asleep.

It was awesome to have a divided bathroom area (tub/sink in one room, toilet/sink in another).

The television selection was limited, and it was only really visible from one side of one bed, as the placement of the tv in the room was a little strange, but overall, the room was comfortable, and our stay was pleasant.

The pool was small and a little chilly, and the lack of a hot tub/jacuzzi of any sort disappointed mom a little!

Aside from a couple of "new hotel" glitches, which the staff cleared up right away, we found nothing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!