“Very Nice New Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
“Very Nice New Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was my first stay in a Springhill Suites in about 5 years. I liked the modern design of the rooms. The double vanity design was nice although it would not be possible to lock the bathroom doors because they are sliding doors. The room was very spacious, however the PTAC unit was unable to keep the room cool since it was also very hot outside. The temp in the room did not go under 77 degrees until after 10 PM even with the AC running on high the whole afternoon. Also the corner of the living room granite top table was chipped, creating a shart edge that would be dangerous for a small child to run into. The lobby was nice and the breakfast was good. Front desk staff were attentive and efficient. Pool was very small even though the hotel description said it could be used to swim laps. Overall a very good stay, I would return if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am happy to know of your overall satisfcation with your stay; but you have also provided us with some valuable feedback to help us improve in a few areas moving forward. Thank you so much for this. We look forward to welocming you back again shoudl your travle plans bring you to the Ashburn area.

Kind regards

Hannah

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family in Leesburg...we couldn't get anything closer to them because some of the other hotels were sold out, but this turned out to be a great place to stay! The rooms were spacious and contained all 4 of us, including 2 younger children. We loved the little sitting area with the desk. Worked perfectly. And the refrigerator and microwave came in handy with the kids along. Everything was very clean, up to date, and modern, which was a nice refreshing touch. (And cleaniness is number one important with me!). I believe this is a newer hotel. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

The only reason we are giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the breakfast buffet. We stayed over a weekend and left Monday. It was a very good hot buffet, but it seemed like the staff was not prepared very well because they kept running out of food every day. Everyone was constantly waiting for something to be refilled, like eggs, sausage, even cereal at one point. We couldn't understand this, because the hotel did not seem very full. It was nice to have a waffle maker over the weekend, but then oddly enough it was not there on Monday morning. My kids were disappointed, but we still found things for them. It was a good selection, just wish they could have kept up with it better. Still, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and it was great. I was worried about noise, but we never heard anyone in...
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am always happy to hear that our guests are pleased and will return again when in the area. I am very proud of our suites and the comfort they offer to all different types of guests; they are perfect for families though.

Your observations at breakfast are also appreciaed and have been acted upon. The summer months do often pose a challenge, but we have made some adjustments to the buffet and also to the staffing so that we can help prevent reoccurences similar to the experience you had.

We look forward to your return and hope that you notice these changes and feel confident scoring us a 5 next time!

Hannah
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for five days in July and were quite pleased with the hotel. The staff was exceptionally friendly and professional which helps this hotel stand out from its competitors. The hotel itself is fairly standard for modern economy chain hotels, with free wifi, a free continental breakfast, pay laundry facilities, an exercise room and so on. On the downside the hotel has the smallest hotel pool that I've ever seen and you can't easily walk to any shops or restaurants of consequence. I did not notice any noise issues as a few other reviewers commented but the hotel wasn't full during our stay either. As for the staff they helped us track down a missing UPS package, provided burn cream after my daughter spilled hot water on herself, and otherwise were very accommodating. I also was able to hook up our Apple TV to the hotel TV in our room after chatting with tech support (get the number from the front desk) and successfully streamed a few Netflix movies. So we consider this hotel a solid entry in the economy hotel segment and definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kent, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Anyone gifted and cursed with oversensitive hearing and smell knows how challenging it is to get a good night's sleep anymore. Hotels are built to please a visual esthetic but not necessarily to ensure quality rest and now that they are making more and more properties smoke-free (in theory), the smokers are forced to go into non-smoking rooms and you know what will happen then. This is the case at the Spring Hill Suites. I was initially put on the 4th floor which was ok until the couple next door got back to their room. I could literally hear every word they said and they were not speaking loudly. It was like having people in bed with me. Also street noise was considerable. Smell-wise, the room had been heavily Febrezed to cover a faint stale smoke smell. I asked to see another room when I checked in but the young lady said the hotel was completely booked and all they had left was a room on the 3rd floor, which I looked at but it was hot and musty since the a/c had not been turned on. At around midnight when I couldn't take it anymore I went back to the desk. This time there was a young man, Hasan, who was extremely kind and helpful. He offered to show me a few options, one of which was on the ground floor and was located by the dividing wall with the lobby, which seems to be of sound construction. Anyway this room, 118, worked out very well for me, and Hasan was really angelic. In Europe, where you have to go to school to enter the Hotel Industry, they train people to be acquire the skills Hasan seems to have been born with. Kind, helpful, patient, professional, committed to finding a solution for the needs of each individual guest. I had to ask myself if the young lady who checked me in had been completely truthful. If the hotel was fully booked, how was Hasan able to find me another room at midnight? Also, why had the a/c not been turned on in the 2nd room I was shown in preparation for guests arriving? I got the strong impression that she just wanted to get rid of me fast which, though understandable, is probably not in her job description. I checked in at a very slow time and she could have spared a few seconds to let me see, hear and smell a few rooms without acting like I was asking her for a kidney or something. I was cursing myself for not staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, which seems to actually have people's sleep in mind, but then I wouldn't have had the rare experience of actually having a hotel employee be incredibly nice to me and treat me like a valued customer rather than a recalcitrant sheep who doesn't want to go into her smelly and noisy stall. I wish that with all the gimmicks and brand images at least one hotel chain would explore having a few soundproofed rooms for guests like me. I don't care about the esthetic or the fancy TV's. All I need is a cot, a bathroom, four solid walls and a door that fits properly without leaving a half-inch space for noise to come in.

Room Tip: Room 118 was very quiet. I can't vouch for anything else on the 1st floor but I'd start ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time give us feedback after your stay at the property. I am sorry to learn that you had a few challenges whilst you were here. Your feedback has certainly been shared with all concerned so that we can improve moving forward. Hassan was thrilled to hear of the positive impact he made on your stay. He is one of our more experienced associates on the team and certainly shines when it comes to guest service. Thank you so much!
Dundalk, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hotel is ok, nothing amazing. Rooms are clean and functional a little clinical for me. No restaurant and nowhere close to eat, you can get deliveries but you can't live on Pizza and chinese food as lovely as it is. Ok for one or two nights, but is your visiting for a longer period I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I can certainly understand how our location can present challenges to those guests travelling without a vehicle and I'm sorry this inconvenienced you.

We do try to make it easier on guests by providing a complimentary shuttle to locations and restaurants within a 5 mile radius of the property. This service is provided between the hours of 6am and 11pm so if you find yourself here again, we would love for you to stay and experience how our shuttle can help meet your dining needs.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here several times for the comfortable rooms and friendly staff, especially Tanar who works at the front desk. She is always pleasant and helpful. I left my cell phone charger at another Springhill Suites in the area, and she went in the back and found me another one that worked and gave it to me. I was pleasantly surprised. I will definitely keep returning.

Room Tip: If you want a bath tub instead of just a shower, ask for an accessible room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff was very helpful. We had multiple rooms, since this was a family gathering. The rooms actually accommodated about 8 people visiting. The lobby was well appointed and there was an outdoor seating area. The staff went out of their way to light the gas fire pit for us, so our group of 15 could sit outside and visit.

The breakfast was good and had a variety of items. There was something for everyone in our group.

The rooms were awesome. The room had a sofa, rolling chair for the desk and 2 queen beds. The toilet was separate from the shower area. The closet is huge. The desk had sliding glass partitions which could be closed to reduce light from the work area or opened to allow freer communication. You can tell that a lot of thought was put into the design of the space.

I would definitely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!