“New Hotel, Great Staff & Good Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
“New Hotel, Great Staff & Good Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff was very helpful. We had multiple rooms, since this was a family gathering. The rooms actually accommodated about 8 people visiting. The lobby was well appointed and there was an outdoor seating area. The staff went out of their way to light the gas fire pit for us, so our group of 15 could sit outside and visit.

The breakfast was good and had a variety of items. There was something for everyone in our group.

The rooms were awesome. The room had a sofa, rolling chair for the desk and 2 queen beds. The toilet was separate from the shower area. The closet is huge. The desk had sliding glass partitions which could be closed to reduce light from the work area or opened to allow freer communication. You can tell that a lot of thought was put into the design of the space.

I would definitely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have stayed here about 3 times when attending equestrian events at Morven Park. It has been very clean and the staff has been pleasant. There is ample parking for the horse trailer we pull. I love the beds and separate sitting area. There were 3 of us so the bath arrangement worked well for us. I thought the breakfast was excellent 2 of the times, the other time which was the last one..it was not as plentiful in choices. They had a busload of young people there at the same time and it was extremely busy. They handled the crowds pretty well. This is not the closest to MPark but we still drive the 15 minutes as we like it so well.,

Room Tip: I think the bar closed up early..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Western Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Two things I must have: a clean room and internet connection that works.
The room was indeed clean, and I generally like Springhill Suites. The two-room bathroom layout is kind of cool as is the work area. The bed was comfy, too.

Breakfast was uninspired and typical of less expensive hotels. Free, so it's not horrible - just not up to the level a Marriott property should have.

BUT, as in about 25% of the hotels I stay in, I could receive email but couldn't send it. The hotel apparently has some super secret blocking device that prevents email from going out. When this happens I go find the nearest Starbucks or Panera, and always get connected no problem. Why hotels have this issue, I don't know. And I have no intention of sitting on the phone having some support guy in India trying to get me to reconfigure my computer - I shouldn't have to.

So in spite of the fact I'm in this area pretty frequently, this hotel goes on the list of hotels I can't work in, thus I can't return to.

If internet connectivity isn't an issue for you, it's just off Rt 7, not far from food, shoppng, Dulles Airport, etc. And if homophobia doesn't bother you, there's an odd Chik-Fil-A kind of standing out in a field across the street from the hotel, like the toll booths in Blazing Saddles....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always wonderful to recieve positive feedback after a guest stays with us; but valuable constructive feedback also helps us to make improvements and get better - so thank you.

I was sorry to learn of the challenges you faced using the internet at the property. We did increase our bandwidth recently to accomodate for the greater number of people travelling with 2 or sometimes more devices. We are also looking forward to a secodary upgrade early in 2014 which should improve our service further. I certainly cannot speak for the other properties you indicated having problems with previously; but I do know that we are taking steps to remedy some of the challenges that still remain.

I would also like to let you know that the Springhill Suites brand is rolling our their new breakfast program at their hotels nationwide on July 1st and I know guests will enjoy some of the changes that have been made. The brand reconizes that our weekday travellers often have different needs to our weekend leisure guests and therefore certain elements of the new breakfast program will vary to accomodate for this. Some of the new items include fresh cut fruit, deli meats and cheeses as well as soem less obvious changes like the addition of healthier greek yogurt to the menu. I hope you and our other guests enjoy what's coming soon!

Kind regards,

Hannah
Ravenna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just a short drive from the Dulles Airport in a quiet locations away from the highway. Spacious parking, abundant and diverse selection for breakfast, large room, great bed, nice shower and pleasant employees. Close to large shopping area with restaurants, etc. and real close to Leesburg. Would stay there again if in the area. Only negative was that the air-conditioner was quite noisy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend to attend a conference a few miles away. My friend had booked one location and I showed up to this one by mistake. Once I realized the mix up, they were great in booking us for two rooms here and calling and cancelling the other reservations. They also ensured that we would get the same rate we had confirmed with the other hotel. They also printed out instructions for us to get to our conference without us asking. Breakfast had a variety. The oatmeal was a bit runny and the eggs didn't look too appealing to me personally, but there was so much stuff to choose from that it was fine. I highly recommend this property. Be warned though, because it's a new property your GPS may not work. I tried 3 different GPS systems and none of them got me here. I had to google the hotel and get written directions. I used the GPS address of George Washington Blvd. I would mapquest just in case.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Fantastic customer service. Have stayed here about 10 nights, and have been a high-maintenance guest. Have asked the front desk team to make copies, scan documents, and fax. Always are happy to help, which is fantastic. Can't say that very many hotels would provide this kind of service with a smile. The breakfast options are the most I have seen for this type of hotel, and all included. I put a croissant in the toaster even though there is a sign that says "do not put croissants in the toaster." Caused some stinkly smoke in the breakfast area. I told the breakfast attendant that I was sorry, and her said "no problem sir." I'm telling you, A++ customer service. Stay here, but do not toast the croissants.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daleville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here one night for the Nike Elite Football Camp. Hotel is very modern and nice. Rooms were very clean and well kept. The rooms were very sizable and had a great layout. There was no hall noise in our room which was great! Breakfast was good...eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel. We booked through priceline and got the room under $60. Hard to beat! It was just minutes away from the Redskins practice facility, Dulles Town Center, and the Leesburg outlets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!