“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend to attend a conference a few miles away. My friend had booked one location and I showed up to this one by mistake. Once I realized the mix up, they were great in booking us for two rooms here and calling and cancelling the other reservations. They also ensured that we would get the same rate we had confirmed with the other hotel. They also printed out instructions for us to get to our conference without us asking. Breakfast had a variety. The oatmeal was a bit runny and the eggs didn't look too appealing to me personally, but there was so much stuff to choose from that it was fine. I highly recommend this property. Be warned though, because it's a new property your GPS may not work. I tried 3 different GPS systems and none of them got me here. I had to google the hotel and get written directions. I used the GPS address of George Washington Blvd. I would mapquest just in case.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Fantastic customer service. Have stayed here about 10 nights, and have been a high-maintenance guest. Have asked the front desk team to make copies, scan documents, and fax. Always are happy to help, which is fantastic. Can't say that very many hotels would provide this kind of service with a smile. The breakfast options are the most I have seen for this type of hotel, and all included. I put a croissant in the toaster even though there is a sign that says "do not put croissants in the toaster." Caused some stinkly smoke in the breakfast area. I told the breakfast attendant that I was sorry, and her said "no problem sir." I'm telling you, A++ customer service. Stay here, but do not toast the croissants.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daleville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here one night for the Nike Elite Football Camp. Hotel is very modern and nice. Rooms were very clean and well kept. The rooms were very sizable and had a great layout. There was no hall noise in our room which was great! Breakfast was good...eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel. We booked through priceline and got the room under $60. Hard to beat! It was just minutes away from the Redskins practice facility, Dulles Town Center, and the Leesburg outlets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend and it was just great. The hotel is clean and the rooms were clean. The two queen set up was perfect for 4 of us in one room. The toilet is separate from the shower-this is very convenient with more than two in a room They have two full length mirrors-very important to the two daughters who were with me, and the mirror in the shower room was fog-free which is a nice feature. The room was quiet and comfortable. Also the front desk people were very nice. The free breakfast was good including a good assortment of cereals, muffins, croissants, eggs, pancakes and yogurts including my favorite, greek yogurt. I would definitely recommend, especially for the reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this updated version of the Springhill Suites brand. Aside from the higher level Marriotts, I prefer springhill suites. It was a clean, spacious hotel. I really like the updated bathroom layout and the working desk setup.
Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. Breakfast spread was decent as well.

The only reason I wouldn't rate this excellent is because there isn't really anything around the hotel. Seems like an area that's being built up, but currently nothing there. Unless you want chick-fil-a, you're driving 10-15 minutes, which isn't terrible.

Convenient to where I was working and close enough to Dulles without a crazy commute.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. We do have a lot of exciting things happening around our area and I hope you get the opportunity to return and enjoy some of those developments.
Richwood, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I must sound like a disgruntled guest, I assure you I am not. But I did not experience any of the great reviews I read about this Hotel. If I had payed some of the prices I seen mentioned here, I would judge this hotel by a different set of standards compared with other hotels in the $65 to $79 a night range I seen here. I was charged $149 a night Plus Taxes for a Tuesday/Wed stay. So this review is based on that price scale of Hotel.

I am not impressed by this hotel at all. This was my first time staying at a Marriott property and was not happy. I honestly feel I should be refunded my Money after seeing these reviews and what I had.

First, this was NOT a suite, at least my room was not and not as described on the website. It was a standard although large (and large I mean long) 2 queen bed room with a desk seperating the "Sleeping" area and a "sitting" area with 1 TV that split the room so you can see from both areas.
The "Kitchenette" was only a book case with a microwave and a small refrigerator and a small coffee maker.

Quality of the room was on the Poor side I thought. This is supposed to be a newer hotel. The shower had cracks in the corner of the shower where the 2 walls came together, the bracket that held on the shower door was pulled away from the wall by a 1/4 of an inch. The wallpaper in the Toilet area was pealing by the sink. There was screen spline or something loose in the window piled up in the window.
This is really a standard no frills 2 queen room made to sound like a suite and I am sorry, but way, way overpriced at $149 a night. If Hotel Management looks at the rooms it was Room 230.

Breakfast..... Was told at check in that Breakfast was at 6am. I waited in the lobby until 6:30 am when they raised the curtain. to the counter of food that was already prepared and sitting there. The Eggs was cold and runny (I know they was just sitting for at least a 1/2 hour) the "Canadian Bacon was of course dry by this time. and the Oatmeal never was up to consistancy both days I was there. Very watered down. almost like vegitable soup. The lady said she agreed and just turned the temp up on the container it was in. Other than the Cold eggs, dried ham pieces this is just an ordinarry Continental Breakfast.

There was NO waffle maker as stated in other reviews, Not sure where that came from but it sure would have been nice.

The decor was nice and modern, and the shower was hot and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the product we offer at the Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North. We certainly have no intention of misleading our guests into what our hotel offers. The suites at our brand are 25% larger than a regular hotel rooms and the photos on our website were taken at this hotel and I have always thought very fairly represent our property. I am so sorry they did not meet your expectations. If you have not already tried it, I can recommend the Residence Inn Brand which may be more suited to your needs. Their suites are even larger and they actually have full kitchens. I must warn you though they rooms are priced higher than ours.

Regarding the items mentioned in your review that needed attention in your room; I would like to thank you for sharing this information with us. Our rooms undergo a process every 3 months when we re-caulk the showers and tubs and check though in more detail other aspects of the rooms that do not get addressed on a daily basis when the housekeepers are cleaning. My chief engineer and I went to your room last week and the items you bought to our attention have already been fixed.

I also wanted to apologise for the miscommunication regarding our breakfast start time. There is no reason why you could not have started eating breakfast especially given that fact that everything was ready and waiting. I will share your feedback with our team and use it as a training example of how we can better care for our guests.

I wish you the best and hope that your experience at our property does not deter you from staying at Marriott again in the future.

Kind regards,
Hannah
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Spacious, modern, clean, quiet, convenient, helpful, friendly. Need more? Ok. Cheap. Business friendly Go. This was one of the best hotels in its class anywhere. No room service or restaurant but you can get food delivered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!