“Nice clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Nice clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend and it was just great. The hotel is clean and the rooms were clean. The two queen set up was perfect for 4 of us in one room. The toilet is separate from the shower-this is very convenient with more than two in a room They have two full length mirrors-very important to the two daughters who were with me, and the mirror in the shower room was fog-free which is a nice feature. The room was quiet and comfortable. Also the front desk people were very nice. The free breakfast was good including a good assortment of cereals, muffins, croissants, eggs, pancakes and yogurts including my favorite, greek yogurt. I would definitely recommend, especially for the reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this updated version of the Springhill Suites brand. Aside from the higher level Marriotts, I prefer springhill suites. It was a clean, spacious hotel. I really like the updated bathroom layout and the working desk setup.
Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. Breakfast spread was decent as well.

The only reason I wouldn't rate this excellent is because there isn't really anything around the hotel. Seems like an area that's being built up, but currently nothing there. Unless you want chick-fil-a, you're driving 10-15 minutes, which isn't terrible.

Convenient to where I was working and close enough to Dulles without a crazy commute.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. We do have a lot of exciting things happening around our area and I hope you get the opportunity to return and enjoy some of those developments.
Richwood, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I must sound like a disgruntled guest, I assure you I am not. But I did not experience any of the great reviews I read about this Hotel. If I had payed some of the prices I seen mentioned here, I would judge this hotel by a different set of standards compared with other hotels in the $65 to $79 a night range I seen here. I was charged $149 a night Plus Taxes for a Tuesday/Wed stay. So this review is based on that price scale of Hotel.

I am not impressed by this hotel at all. This was my first time staying at a Marriott property and was not happy. I honestly feel I should be refunded my Money after seeing these reviews and what I had.

First, this was NOT a suite, at least my room was not and not as described on the website. It was a standard although large (and large I mean long) 2 queen bed room with a desk seperating the "Sleeping" area and a "sitting" area with 1 TV that split the room so you can see from both areas.
The "Kitchenette" was only a book case with a microwave and a small refrigerator and a small coffee maker.

Quality of the room was on the Poor side I thought. This is supposed to be a newer hotel. The shower had cracks in the corner of the shower where the 2 walls came together, the bracket that held on the shower door was pulled away from the wall by a 1/4 of an inch. The wallpaper in the Toilet area was pealing by the sink. There was screen spline or something loose in the window piled up in the window.
This is really a standard no frills 2 queen room made to sound like a suite and I am sorry, but way, way overpriced at $149 a night. If Hotel Management looks at the rooms it was Room 230.

Breakfast..... Was told at check in that Breakfast was at 6am. I waited in the lobby until 6:30 am when they raised the curtain. to the counter of food that was already prepared and sitting there. The Eggs was cold and runny (I know they was just sitting for at least a 1/2 hour) the "Canadian Bacon was of course dry by this time. and the Oatmeal never was up to consistancy both days I was there. Very watered down. almost like vegitable soup. The lady said she agreed and just turned the temp up on the container it was in. Other than the Cold eggs, dried ham pieces this is just an ordinarry Continental Breakfast.

There was NO waffle maker as stated in other reviews, Not sure where that came from but it sure would have been nice.

The decor was nice and modern, and the shower was hot and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the product we offer at the Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North. We certainly have no intention of misleading our guests into what our hotel offers. The suites at our brand are 25% larger than a regular hotel rooms and the photos on our website were taken at this hotel and I have always thought very fairly represent our property. I am so sorry they did not meet your expectations. If you have not already tried it, I can recommend the Residence Inn Brand which may be more suited to your needs. Their suites are even larger and they actually have full kitchens. I must warn you though they rooms are priced higher than ours.

Regarding the items mentioned in your review that needed attention in your room; I would like to thank you for sharing this information with us. Our rooms undergo a process every 3 months when we re-caulk the showers and tubs and check though in more detail other aspects of the rooms that do not get addressed on a daily basis when the housekeepers are cleaning. My chief engineer and I went to your room last week and the items you bought to our attention have already been fixed.

I also wanted to apologise for the miscommunication regarding our breakfast start time. There is no reason why you could not have started eating breakfast especially given that fact that everything was ready and waiting. I will share your feedback with our team and use it as a training example of how we can better care for our guests.

I wish you the best and hope that your experience at our property does not deter you from staying at Marriott again in the future.

Kind regards,
Hannah
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Spacious, modern, clean, quiet, convenient, helpful, friendly. Need more? Ok. Cheap. Business friendly Go. This was one of the best hotels in its class anywhere. No room service or restaurant but you can get food delivered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice, new and clean hotel. The front desk staff was always friendly and ready to help. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. I liked the modern sliding doors in the room - bathroom and shower rooms. This is a perfect hotel for quick trips, couples and business travelers. The bathroom was tight to share if you have more than 2 people in the room. (We traveled with our 9 y.o. daughter).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice new hotel.To me very high tech for business people.I was there on personal fun time with family.
The front desk clerk Hudson was awesome.We got there late at night.He helped with luggage which you don't get that often from the front desk.Very welcoming attitude. He would be the first reason I would stay here again because of the initial service we got from him.
The room was real nice and spacious.I like the way it was setup.
The only thing I wished they had a hot tub.That would set it off.
We had a good price for the weekend.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the room are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to the area, and by far I know I chose correctly. I had minor issues that if at another property would have ruined my stay, if it were not for the customer service of the entire front desk but specifically a young lady named Tamar. Promote this woman!

Shuttle service was amazing from pick up to drop off, always on time and courteous, and did I say on time!
The location perfect for my business with Verizon and walking distance to a Chick Fila.
Free WiFi always a plus.
Free breakfast definitely a plus.
Again the customer service at this hotel, bar none.
Kudos to management and keep up great work.

• Stayed February 2013
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I was thrilled to hear that Tanar, along with the rest of the team made such a great impression on you. We look forward to your next stay and many more after that.

Warm regards,
Hannah Adlam

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!