I must sound like a disgruntled guest, I assure you I am not. But I did not experience any of the great reviews I read about this Hotel. If I had payed some of the prices I seen mentioned here, I would judge this hotel by a different set of standards compared with other hotels in the $65 to $79 a night range I seen here. I was charged $149 a night Plus Taxes for a Tuesday/Wed stay. So this review is based on that price scale of Hotel.
I am not impressed by this hotel at all. This was my first time staying at a Marriott property and was not happy. I honestly feel I should be refunded my Money after seeing these reviews and what I had.
First, this was NOT a suite, at least my room was not and not as described on the website. It was a standard although large (and large I mean long) 2 queen bed room with a desk seperating the "Sleeping" area and a "sitting" area with 1 TV that split the room so you can see from both areas.
The "Kitchenette" was only a book case with a microwave and a small refrigerator and a small coffee maker.
Quality of the room was on the Poor side I thought. This is supposed to be a newer hotel. The shower had cracks in the corner of the shower where the 2 walls came together, the bracket that held on the shower door was pulled away from the wall by a 1/4 of an inch. The wallpaper in the Toilet area was pealing by the sink. There was screen spline or something loose in the window piled up in the window.
This is really a standard no frills 2 queen room made to sound like a suite and I am sorry, but way, way overpriced at $149 a night. If Hotel Management looks at the rooms it was Room 230.
Breakfast..... Was told at check in that Breakfast was at 6am. I waited in the lobby until 6:30 am when they raised the curtain. to the counter of food that was already prepared and sitting there. The Eggs was cold and runny (I know they was just sitting for at least a 1/2 hour) the "Canadian Bacon was of course dry by this time. and the Oatmeal never was up to consistancy both days I was there. Very watered down. almost like vegitable soup. The lady said she agreed and just turned the temp up on the container it was in. Other than the Cold eggs, dried ham pieces this is just an ordinarry Continental Breakfast.
There was NO waffle maker as stated in other reviews, Not sure where that came from but it sure would have been nice.
The decor was nice and modern, and the shower was hot and plenty of hot water.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North Hotel Ashburn
- Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North is situated along Route 7 between Leesburg and Tyson's Corner. Free breakfast buffet, wired/wireless Internet, and transportation to Dulles International Airport. Come and enjoy our SpringHill Suites hotel, where each guest suite is innovatively laid out, stylishly furnished and smartly designed to give you the flexibility you need to work efficiently and relax comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.