“One of Marriott's best in the area.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“One of Marriott's best in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice new hotel.To me very high tech for business people.I was there on personal fun time with family.
The front desk clerk Hudson was awesome.We got there late at night.He helped with luggage which you don't get that often from the front desk.Very welcoming attitude. He would be the first reason I would stay here again because of the initial service we got from him.
The room was real nice and spacious.I like the way it was setup.
The only thing I wished they had a hot tub.That would set it off.
We had a good price for the weekend.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the room are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to the area, and by far I know I chose correctly. I had minor issues that if at another property would have ruined my stay, if it were not for the customer service of the entire front desk but specifically a young lady named Tamar. Promote this woman!

Shuttle service was amazing from pick up to drop off, always on time and courteous, and did I say on time!
The location perfect for my business with Verizon and walking distance to a Chick Fila.
Free WiFi always a plus.
Free breakfast definitely a plus.
Again the customer service at this hotel, bar none.
Kudos to management and keep up great work.

• Stayed February 2013
SHS_Ashburn, General Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I was thrilled to hear that Tanar, along with the rest of the team made such a great impression on you. We look forward to your next stay and many more after that.

Warm regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

As a loyal Marriott customer, I can always expect an excellent experience whenever I stay at a Marriott property. I count on a clean room, well-prepared breakfasts, and other such amenities.

What is especially important to me, and what I find differentiates Marriott from other choices, are the exceptional staff. They are always so friendly and eager to serve. I would like to cite several employees in particular at the SpringHill Suites in Ashburn: Scott Newman, who personally ensured timely pick-ups and drop-offs at the Dulles airport and at the NTSB Training Center where I worked this week; Michael Cook, who worked the desk, transported me in the van, and delivered my ordered-out meal to my room; and Courtney Belyea, who greeted me upon arrival and each day after work, and who also picked me up after dinner out.

They all served cheerfully and without expectation of any gratuity; they simply are good people. Also, although I didn't catch their names, the lady and the gentleman who prepared the breakfast buffet were efficient, attentive, and cheerful as well. Lastly, though I never got to see the housekeeping staff, they did a fine job keeping my room immaculate, orderly, and well-supplied with towels, bathroom articles, etc.

I look forward to my next stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long, so unless you don't mind the hike, ask for a room closer to the elev...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thankyou for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. It fills me with pride to hear that Michael, Scott, Courtney and our breakfast team, Odir and Debbie exceeded your expectations in every way. We look forward to welcoming you back.
silver spring, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

One of the areas in my job calls for me to check out hotels for possible booking for our youth groups. My friends and I wanted to do a girls weekend and since I had to check out Springhill Suites Ashburn, we decided to stay there. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and it's wonderful staff.

The hotel itself is close to Dulles Town Center and another mall, all within 4 miles of the hotel. It's moments from Route 7 and I495. It's far enough from DC to not deal with the hustle and bustle, but close enough to visit the museums.

The lobby made me feel immediately relaxed upon entering it. The staff was very warm and friendly.

The room was another pleasant surprise. It was much larger than the typical Springhill Suites room. The bathroom is divided into two rooms. The shower room is absolutely gorgeous, clean and a LOT of room. The room with the toilet was small, but everything was within reach.

The kitchenette area was nice. I did miss the faucet that's normally found in Springhill's kitchenette. However, there are still 2 faucets in the room so that was adequate.

The living room area is HUGE. The pull out couch is next to a lounge chair that is spacious.

The desk is surrounded by a privacy window. The opaque glass helps the person on the other side of the glass not be disturbed by the light when one is working at the desk.

The breakfast is typical Springhill Suites breakfast, but they did have 2 waffle irons which was good.

This hotel more than met my expectations and I will definitely be back again both with our youth groups and with friends.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for such a detailed review on Trip advisor. I am so happy to learn that your experience was 'pleasantly surprising' and that it 'more that met your expectations'! It is our ojective to do that for every guest, everytime. If I can assist to coordinate your hotel needs for your next youth group, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel any time.

Kind regards,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel is new, and the decor is fresh and neutral. Breakfast was fine with a good selection. Easy to find, IF you have an up to date GPS and it is close to George Washington University and Dulles but is really in the middle of nowhere on the side of the Harry Byrd Highway. However Reston town center is close by and can fulfill all your retail and dining desires.

I liked the separate toilet and shower room and the work area. Internet was a little on the slow side.

Only negative comment I have about my stay was the room had a pretty strong damp/musky smell which I suspect was related to the A/C. And talking of the A/C it is loud AND right next to the bed, where it blows cold air over you. The fridge in the room also makes a fair amount of noise, as it is a regular consumer model as opposed to a hotel-specific unit.
For those that care, the room also uses one of the infernal Inncom thermostats as well as a sensor on the door. The Inncom Thermostat is supposed to detect when there is an occupant in the room and control the A/C or heat accordingly. However in my experience these thermostats never work right and in the case of this hotel are guaranteed not to work right due there being a divider half way across the room that separates the bed from the rest of the room. If you have problems with these thermostats then a 1 minute Google of” Incomm VIP mode” will be a big help….

As with most hotels these days, noise from your neighbors through the paper thin walls is to be expected.

Staff were friendly and attentive, especially the gentleman who was manning the breakfast area during my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay earlier this year. I am happy to see that your overall experience was good but of course disappointed that you had challenges with the AC unit and the smell in your room. Thank you for this feedback, it will help us to improve and remedy the challenges you faced whilst you were here.

Kind regards,
Palm Coast FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This Springhill Suites is about three years old, and still feels very new. It is obviously mainly a businessman's hotel from Monday through Thursday nights, as rates are much lower on the weekend ($65) and occupancy was almost zero when we stayed the weekend before Christmas. There is a restaurant onsite, but it only operates Mon-Thurs. We ordered from a nearby restaurant that delivered (there are three good choices - Greek/Mediterranean, Italian, and Pizza) and enjoyed that service. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, with hot eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee and tea available in abundance, and tasty.
The suite has a real living room with desk and internet free, a separate bedroom, and two batthroom areas. One with vanity sink and large shower with multiple heads, the other with a smaller sink and toilet. It was a good arrangement, and the furnishings were very comfortable, especially the large king size bed. Very nice bedding, and plenty of extras. The AC was a little noisy, and if the wind is coming from the North, ask for a room on the other side of the building, as it rattled the glass and blew thru the cracks mightily. The wind was in the 40MPH range, so it was an unusually gusty evening. The second night was much better. While not within walking range of much, many malls, restaurants, movies and attractions were within easy driving distance (2-7 miles) We enjoyed our stay, and would return if coming back to the Leesburg/Dulles area.

Room Tip: Rooms AWAY from wind will be quieter and warmer in the winter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Clean, attractive, a whole lot of hotel for $79 a night. Friendly, helpful staff. Spacious room, with sitting area set apart from sleeping area by a floor-to-ceiling divider with a counter to serve as a desk. Excellent bed, firm mattress. The usual hotel wall mount a/c, kicks on and off overnight. Unexpectedly modern and stylish bathroom. It's really two bathrooms, one with the toilet and a small corner sink, the other with the shower and a large sink and counter. Both bathrooms are on the small side, and are separated from the sleeping area by sliding pocket doors, instead of a standard door.

Breakfast was plentiful, but there was too much water sitting in the bottom of the scrambled eggs for my liking. Sausage patties, waffle maker, cereal, lots of yogurt. The pantry by the front desk was well stocked, and the ice cream was fresh.

The treadmill I used in the fitness center was identical to the one at my hometown gym, so it was familiar and easy to use.

The location is convenient to Dulles Airport.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!