“Nicely done” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
New York City, New York
“Nicely done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed at this property twice. The first stay for one night ($80) and the second stay for three nights ($69 wedding rate). Both stays were enjoyable.

This is a Marriott property and having stayed in numerous properties of the chain...this one is done right. The rooms are nicely appointed with modern furniture. I loved the separation of the water closet and shower which allowed for less hassle when getting ready. Our king room was equipped with a fridge and microwave, and had a separate seating and desk area.

Complimentary breakfast is included and it well exceeded my expectations with a wide variety of choices. Scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausage links and patties, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, waffles, muffins and pastries...we definitely ate our fill.

Considering this was a busy weekend with two wedding parties, the hotel provided exceptional service. No request went unanswered. The hotel also has complimentary shuttle service from Dulles airport which proved to be a lifesaver when I couldn't pick my mother up from the airport.

Well done Springhill Suites!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

While the name implies ' suites' its really no more than a large hotel room. Its a part of the Marriott chain, of which I'm a gold member, so I expected to get my reserved room type. I reserved a king six bed for the 3 nights I was staying here. When I got to my room it had 2 double beds. I called downstairs and was told ' sorry we are sold out '. Interesting, but clearly a Marriott elite status with a reserved room type didn't matter. I had a tough time sleeping well for the entire 3 nights I was here. The one TV this room had was to the far right of the one double bed so it could be viewed from the couch next to the door of the room. In other words, you couldn't watch TV from bed unless you craned your neck.. and that was from the one bed. It was impossible t watch TV from the other bed. The room was modern, had the water closet and small sink separate from the shower. The nicest thing in this room was the vanity lighting in the shower area. The lighting was good for applying makeup, which so many hotels ignore, and the shower/sink area was decent size. Not big, just reasonable. This hotel doesn't provide newspapers, unless you can get to the common breakfast area very early. No restaurant so no room service. The breakfast was better than some. Always had eggs, some breakfast meat, waffles, oatmeal, cereal.. The place was well kept but very low frills. Good location, new the freeway and Dulles airport, but you need to plan your meals since there aren't many places to eat around the facility. I would have rated the location higher if there were more convenient options for meals.

Room Tip: Not sure since my Marriott preferences didn't seem to matter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had semi-low expectations for a motel with a $79 (wedding special) room rate. We could not have been more wrong. The room was great, service was excellent, and the decor was cutting edge.... Very chic.
Our only minor criticism is that the room had a below the window type air conditioner, typical of lower priced lodging. Even on the low setting, it makes a noticeable fan noise. We had good weather, so we just turned it off. But in either hot or cold weather, it will make noise all night long. Not a big deal, but worth noting for people that like quiet. Still, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Great experience from check in to checkout! I like Marriott in general but this establishment was a Jewel... Called and not more than 2 rings on any one. Staff was friendly and proactively attentive; "is there anything I can do for you Sir?" - all with a sincere pleasant smile showing they wanted to do something, not just a job. Breakfast alternated foods each day with all the staples expected and more. Small pool, clean well equipt exercise space, and a good assortment of snacks in the lobby. Décor was awesome; half bath with a shower stall and separate toilet facility with vanity. TV was great as were the beds. Cleaning was immaculate and the fridge, microwave, and complementary in room coffee (with 24 hr pot in lobby too) were perfect.

Senior as well as middle management were available and attentive to my needs and worked with me to plan future stays.

Internet was not as fast at home but with several hundred folks using it that is not unexpected.

I give this establishment my top rating and will make it my “Home away from home” for my monthly week long trips to DC.

Room Tip: Third floor was good for me. Too busy and tired to look out. ((-:
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our stay was pleasant and we were not disappointed, staff were great and remains friendly and attentive to our needs. will definetly come back. May I suggest that they update the direction, the GPS won't read the street "presidential drive", if we haven't been there before (w/c we got lost) it will be very difficult. We used the GPS address that was posted on their web page, the second time but it's still the same.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable, easy check-in and friendly staff who pointed us in the right direction for dinner. Nice breakfast buffet too. We've frequented other Springhill's so have a few to compare this one to and found it to be top of the line.

Room Tip: be sure to call ahead to confirm an online reservation to get exactly what you want. they want you t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our stay here was only for one night. Our room seemed liked housekeeping had missed a few spots when cleaning. However, we simply asked for another room, and the receptionist unreservedly let us switch. Our new room was clean and comfortable. I really liked the layout of the room, especially how there was a water closet separate from the shower. The staff that we dealt with were all kind and professional. It was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Aloft Dulles Airport North

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!