“Excellent Value and Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shop and Stay Your Way
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
New Jersey
“Excellent Value and Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Our reason for looking for a hotel in this area was to stay near the Udvar-Hazy (Smithsonian) Air and Space Museum overnight during our trip back from Charlottesville, VA. We stayed here in July 2011. For some reason, it is harder to find reasonably-priced hotels that feature rooms with two queen beds, which is a tremendous benefit when traveling with two kids and two adults. Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North fit the bill.

This fairly new property is stylishly appointed and very clean with comfortable beds and modern decor. Our two-queen room featured swiveling flat screen TV that could be viewed either from the beds or in a small alcove that had a couch and desk. The room also came with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and blow dryer.

The property is close to Dulles Airport without being subject to air traffic noise.

The continental breakfast (included in room price) was excellent. The hotel has done a nice job of laying out the breakfast area so that it doesn't feel too crowded with too many people milling about while waiting to get food.

My room rate (on a Wednesday night) was just $78 total (with tax). It was a AAA/Marriott Rewards Club rate booked through Marriott.com. I found that to be an excellent value.

There was a lap pool and nice exercise area in the hotel, though we didn't have the opportunity to use either. We did use the hotel's WiFi to connect to the Internet via laptop, but we weren't browsing too intensely so I can't comment on the speed of the connection (as other reviewers have).

If there is one very slight complaint about this property it is that the air conditioning is a bit loud for such a new property. But since it was on all night (it is possible we didn't calibrate the thermostat properly to have it turn off automatically) it gets to be more like background noise than anything.

Room Tip: Go to Marriott.com and find out the AAA rate (you may need to present your card on check-in).
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Colleen S, Property coordinator at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
I am so glad you liked our hotel. The decor is very innovavtive and we are happy to hear when guest enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for your travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was my first stay in a Springhill Suites and I loved it. The breakfast was good with better service than most places I've been. The room was comfortable with a mini fridge and microwave. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This was another of the new design Springhill suites hotels. Neat, new design with a nice feel to it. Reasonably priced. Everything worked - almost.

Sorry folks, the high speed internet was awful. Extremely slow. Again resorted to my Blackberry for better speed. Wrote an email to the hotel's manager. Never got a response. Not good Marriott. You need to respond to your customers.

Free breakfast with a couple hot items plus the usual cold stuff. No all-day coffee.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hannah A, Manager at Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North. I am so sorry the email you sent was not responded to. I was on maternity leave in April and do not recall receiving an email from anyone regarding internet challenges. I realise quite some time has passed now but I would be happy to hear from you if you would like to share any further experiences from your stay. My email address is hannah.adlam@marriott.com

Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites in Ashburn,
Kind regards,
Hannah Adlam
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed at Springhill Suites in early Feb 2011 with my family. We were instantly impressed by the modern lobby, and the plastic toys and Nickelodeon activity sheets we got from the front desk. We were even more impressed when we got to our spacious, modern room... we wanted to move right in! The room had two queen-size beds along with an area with a desk and sleeper sofa. There was also a small fridge and a microwave. As noted by other reviewers, the toilet and shower are separate which didn't matter to us, but might be good for others. The only issue is that the bathrooms are right across from the beds so I was worried I would wake someone up every time I went to the bathroom!

The (free) breakfast was awesome with eggs, turkey sausage, hash browns, yogurt and make-your-own waffles. What else could you want?? Also went to the indoor pool with the kids... it was a tiny pool, but good enough. My husband was happy with the 24-hour fitness center.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

My fiance and i checked in a little after midnight this past friday and as soon as we stepped in, we felt the warmth and comfort of the place from the very friendly front desk person and the atmosphere of the place. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the shower and toilet were in seperate rooms, which is very convenient. There was a nice flat screen tv along with a fridge and microwave in the room. There was also a nice sized couch and desk that was blocked from the bed. This can give you privacy if you need to conduct business. In the morning there was a breakfast buffet that offered eggs, turkey sausage, waffles and a selection of different cereals and yogurts. The design and furniture inside reminds me of an ikea showroom, it only adds to the allure of the place. There is a small exercise room and a pool inside. Overall i recommend this hotel to everyone. The downside to the place is that its a 10-15 minute drive to the nearest 7 eleven and they are redoing the streets , so the gps may not be accurate, apart from that everything was great!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

The decor was tasteful, the design of the rooms was great. The sliding doors to the bathrooms caused a lot of intrusive ambient noise from surrounding rooms, and the floors seemed a bit thin because I could hear the kids upstairs running around. The purposeful layout of the room made it easy for me to keep my things organized; an extended stay here would be very comfortable for two people and still quite doable for up to six in a double Queen room with sleeper sofa. The hotel could really use a restaurant, the overpriced sundry shop was the only option while I was snowed in and six bucks for a Lean Cuisine felt like being pickpocketed. Overall though, I was quick to make myself at home and could easily recommend the same to other people.

• Stayed January 2011
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

This is a very nice place to stay. The hotel was clean, modern, and the staff very nice and helpful. Nice breakfast, clean rooms, and interesting decor. Like another reviewer, I think it looks like an Ikea inspired place! Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!