“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for about 4 days. It was a funky hotel but I enjoyed the rather spacious room for a decent hotel rate. Loved the open style bathroom and the view from my room. I managed to get a room after having a nightmare with another hotel in the area -- room was so dirty that I checked in and checked out in minutes. For nearly the same rate, I was very happy and relieved to find a comfortable, spacious, clean and affordable room for my stay.

Room Tip: Higher floor for nicer view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your business, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Ralph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

trendy hotel. kind of funky in a good way. toured the place when it was brand new. i think i would stay here is i was traveling. the place was very clean, the staff very helpful, and would recommend it. average aloft. but a nice place. beats sleeping on the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Groton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Although I'm a platinum spg member, only one of my four observations apply to having status.

Upon check in I had to make 2 trips to the fifth floor room from the lobby because the keys didn't work.

No waters in the room as advertised and after being on hold with the front desk I made a THIRD trip to the lobby in person to beg for bottles of water.

As a platinum member I asked for a 4pm checkout the night I checked in. On the day of checkout housekeeping was banging on my door at noon (like I owed money) wanting to know if I was checking out anytime soon. I was so frustrated at this point I checked out early. 12 hours later I realized I forgot something in the safe so I called the front desk. The night person was completely clueless and in fact used the excuse she was the night person so she wasn't familiar with what to do. This included using the phone because every time she put me on hold, the phone disconnected. Between the two of us we figured out where to check and how I can claim my lost item. After all that I felt Aloft should put me on the payroll.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Fredericksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had a restful night's sleep before our early flight on a very comfortable bed. We had spent our evening enjoying the small pool and laying on the outdoor lounges in the late sun. Didn't try out the workout room but a few people were in there when we were in the pool. The shower was large and we were happy with bath products. Our shuttle driver was prompt and happy both taking us and picking us up at Dulles. The only thing this place lacks is access to cheaper food options in house. We ended up getting an assortment of things at the K gas station for dinner after having had a big lunch. Staying here was a great start to our vacation and the added perk of being able to leave the car there made our stay an exceptional value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel and staff were nothing less than excellent! It would be nice to have a little more selection at breakfast as well as somewhere other than the bar to enjoy a full menu after breakfast, but still the food was very good and the lady who made me the daily breakfast sandwiches was very kind. I also love the fact that this is a very dog friendly hotel. My wife, dog, and I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, August 8, 2014

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We chose this place when we got stranded overnight a Dulles. They had reasonable rates (approx. $80) thru the airport's discount list. There is a free shuttle direct from the terminal (though expect to wait up to 20-25 minutes) - the shuttle back to the airport was much easier.
Large comfortable rooms - trendy and a bit cheap and plastic but that's ok for one night - very quiet rooms and a decent workout facility we used. Note there is nothing close by for food, but some basic food for sale in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your layover. We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward towards welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pros:
if you don't want to spend tons of money while visiting the capitol this is the option (but you'll have to drive about 30 min depending on traffic).
Free parking, free WiFi.
Nice indoor lounge, cool design as usual with all ALofts.
We had 2 rooms and both were in great state.
Staff is friendly and attentive.
Cons:
Pool is on a smaller side.
Food is really average.
Outside lounge was a bit worn and dirty (not a real con for us since we spent most time in DC anyway and we don't smoke).

Room Tip: We had a AAA rate for 1 room that came cheaper and included 2 sandwiches as well.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!