“Nothing right from check in to check out” 1 of 5 stars

Aloft Dulles Airport North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22390 Flagstaff Plaza, Ashburn, VA 20148   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Groton, Connecticut
“Nothing right from check in to check out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Although I'm a platinum spg member, only one of my four observations apply to having status.

Upon check in I had to make 2 trips to the fifth floor room from the lobby because the keys didn't work.

No waters in the room as advertised and after being on hold with the front desk I made a THIRD trip to the lobby in person to beg for bottles of water.

As a platinum member I asked for a 4pm checkout the night I checked in. On the day of checkout housekeeping was banging on my door at noon (like I owed money) wanting to know if I was checking out anytime soon. I was so frustrated at this point I checked out early. 12 hours later I realized I forgot something in the safe so I called the front desk. The night person was completely clueless and in fact used the excuse she was the night person so she wasn't familiar with what to do. This included using the phone because every time she put me on hold, the phone disconnected. Between the two of us we figured out where to check and how I can claim my lost item. After all that I felt Aloft should put me on the payroll.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, September 2, 2014

Ralph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Fredericksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had a restful night's sleep before our early flight on a very comfortable bed. We had spent our evening enjoying the small pool and laying on the outdoor lounges in the late sun. Didn't try out the workout room but a few people were in there when we were in the pool. The shower was large and we were happy with bath products. Our shuttle driver was prompt and happy both taking us and picking us up at Dulles. The only thing this place lacks is access to cheaper food options in house. We ended up getting an assortment of things at the K gas station for dinner after having had a big lunch. Staying here was a great start to our vacation and the added perk of being able to leave the car there made our stay an exceptional value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel and staff were nothing less than excellent! It would be nice to have a little more selection at breakfast as well as somewhere other than the bar to enjoy a full menu after breakfast, but still the food was very good and the lady who made me the daily breakfast sandwiches was very kind. I also love the fact that this is a very dog friendly hotel. My wife, dog, and I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, August 8, 2014

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We chose this place when we got stranded overnight a Dulles. They had reasonable rates (approx. $80) thru the airport's discount list. There is a free shuttle direct from the terminal (though expect to wait up to 20-25 minutes) - the shuttle back to the airport was much easier.
Large comfortable rooms - trendy and a bit cheap and plastic but that's ok for one night - very quiet rooms and a decent workout facility we used. Note there is nothing close by for food, but some basic food for sale in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your layover. We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward towards welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pros:
if you don't want to spend tons of money while visiting the capitol this is the option (but you'll have to drive about 30 min depending on traffic).
Free parking, free WiFi.
Nice indoor lounge, cool design as usual with all ALofts.
We had 2 rooms and both were in great state.
Staff is friendly and attentive.
Cons:
Pool is on a smaller side.
Food is really average.
Outside lounge was a bit worn and dirty (not a real con for us since we spent most time in DC anyway and we don't smoke).

Room Tip: We had a AAA rate for 1 room that came cheaper and included 2 sandwiches as well.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

If you're in your 20s and early 30s and single, this is a great hotel for you. My family regularly stays here because it's the only category 2 Starwood hotel in the area, and it's not as suited for us. However, if I was ten years younger, I would think it's the greatest innovation since sliced bread. The Aloft is decorated with cool colors, has nice meeting areas including a courtyard, a pool table, bar, swimming pool, and a fitness center. There's free wi-fi throughout the hotel.

For the older crowd, it's a little noisy; but we tolerate it because, again, it's a better deal using our rewards points than the Sheratons in Reston and Herndon. I've also had a few problems dealing with the management over discrepancies with their 'green choice' option (for Starwood members). I'd give it a rating of a 4 if I was younger.

As with all Alofts, they do allow dogs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and for sharing your valuable stay experience. We are happy that you gave us a try. Yes, we aim to be better than most hotels in the area, and believe our hotel excellent staff and amenities caters to all.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

To be 100% honest I didn't leave my room because this stay was for business and I had work to do, but the hotel was great. Very trendy lobby with a pool table. I've heard the gym and pool are great. The room comes with a mini fridge, iron, ironing board, blow-drier, coffee-maker, and complementary hookups for your devices to the flat screen TV. I had two desks and a very comfortable bed, but I couldn't seem to get the air-conditioner to reach a comfortable climate. Wi-Fi was fast enough to stream videos off Netflix. There is a place to buy food in the lobby, and also a gas station convenience store directly outside of the hotel. But the bathroom door is just a sliding mirror, and the shower has a translucent glass panel that looks into the main part of the room, so if you need 100% privacy in the bathroom it might be an issue.

Room Tip: The first floor can get a little noisy because the parking is directly next to the building, also, t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Ralph

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!