“Will Work For Most” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Will Work For Most”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Room was comfortable and reasonably quiet. It appeared to be a fairly new facility but lacks some everyday needs like stains in the carpets not being attended to which today there are plenty of products out there that will remove almost any stain. Water pressure was good, shower was clean. Housekeeping was not consistent on resupplying items that they mention in there ad that make them different than other hotels in the area. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Overall not bad.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator you will hear the noise up and down throughout the night. Elsewhere I am sure...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for your choosing to stay with us and for sharing your stay experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here this past week, and had a good experience. The front desk staff is very accomodating, and tries to provide a high level of customer service. I am an SPG platinum member, and try to stay at various properties within the brand. The location is great, it's not far from Herndon, Ashburn and Dulles. It was pretty clean, which is a must for me. I have 2 complaints..1) NO COFFEE CREAMER..that's silly not to have coffee creamer..so I left and went to Starbucks 2) THE TOILET PAPER IS worse than newspaper. I'm going to travel with my own next time! The Aloft needs to step it up a bit in those areas, but otherwise its fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for sharing your stay experience. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our friendly and accommodating staff. Our hotel has a great location and we are glad your Platinum SPG status was acknowledge. Our toiliet paper is that which the Starwood brand recommends, we are sorry to hear that it was not suitable for you.

Once again we appreciate you and your business. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Flight was cancelled, so needed to stay close to Dulles. Nothing is ever perfect, but what sets this hotel apart is customer service!! This staff caters to its guest. I was greeted by Feri, was very professional. Little did I know it was her first day. She was being trained by Amanda who seamlessly multitasked without missing a beat. Amanda made me feel as if I was their most important guest. The staff is just happy! For a weary traveler that missed his flight, it made all the difference.
Great Job Aloft Dulles North!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your business and we appreciate your comments. We agree that our service levels are consistent as we strive to exceed every guest expectations.

We are looking forward towards welcoming you back soon.

Westminster, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Dulles Aloft before leaving for a seventeen day trip. It was absolutely just fine for the traveler. The architecture of the building itself is rather interesting with a lot of bright colors. It was different, but certainly not offensive. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. It was not a posh hotel with a gorgeous view, but offered a bargain for those flying out of Dulles. The Park and Fly package was for two weeks free parking with a one night stay at a cost of seventy some dollars. The cost of Economy parking at the airport is $10 per day. Although the package is presumably for only fourteen days, we were going to be gone more like eighteen days and that was a nonissue. A sensible choice!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also would agree that are 'park and fly" package is very attractive for guests who are traviling for extended periods.

Thank you for your business, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here because of our early flight the next morning. The staff was very nice and informative. We have stayed at other alofts and this one is just as good as the rest. Very modern rooms and quiet! The showers are awesome. We requested a wake up call but did not receive it. I am not sure what happened but. It was ok because we had a back up alarm. The shuttle was on time and great both to and from the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I picked this hotel because of its shuttle service from the airport, which was awesome!! I spent a night by myself and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the hotel. The next day, my husband joined me and we again had a good night's sleep. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful!! The modern look to the hotel is cool! The pool looked really refreshing but since it was so cold outside, I could not make myself put on a bathing suit. :) The lounge area has a bar and pool table. There is a little store inside the hotel, although right in front of the hotel is bigger convenient store. My only complaint was that we did not have soap or towels in our room, but I am sure if I had called down to the front desk, they would have been sent right up, so not having them was my fault.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your stay experience. We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forwward to welcoming you back soon.

Ralph Shorter
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I picked this hotel because of it's shuttle service to and from the airport, and was extremely happy with my decision. Upon arrival the front desk attendant clearly explained the amenities provided at the hotel, as well as how to use the shuttle service (as I am a younger girl and not used to traveling alone). I was informed the room I had originally booked wasn't ready, so I was upgraded to an even nicer one (very much appreciated that!). The room was comfortable and the beds were nice. Very nice bathroom area, as well. The shuttle service provided by Aloft could not have been better and would probably be the main reason I would come back, as the staff pleasantly provided my ride to and from the airport even in Virginia's testy weather conditions. I will definitely use Aloft again in the future!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your business and for sharing your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our great customer service. We are looking for towards welcoming you back soon.

Ralph

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!