“Park and Fly a good deal” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
usa
“Park and Fly a good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you have an early flight from Dulles and are away for more than a week, this hotel is excellent. It has a 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport (you have to call from the airport but that's not a big problem) and the ride takes about 10 minutes. Dulles charges $10 a day for parking in Economy, so you can do the arithmetic. The hotel itself is modern, a bit self-consciously hip, the bedrooms are large, the bathrooms are clean, and our 3:30 a.m. wake-up call was right on time. We had no problems with noise. The front desk staff were friendly and check-in efficient. We did not eat at the hotel, which has the standard Aloft food bar that is open 24/7. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are glad to hear our staff was friendly, effecient and you enjoyed your stay with us. We woud agree that the 'Park and Fly' rate plan offers great benefits and a convenient 24-hour shuttle ride to the Airport.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Ralph Shorter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
South Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our kids as the first in a series of pitstops on our road trip up & down the Atlantic seaboard. The room was very nice-- spacious and modern with a large, flat screen tv. They had a very cool adapter gadget in the room that allowed us to plug my husband's laptop computer into the TV so we were able to watch one of our own movies on the larger screen. We had plenty of space for our family and the room was very clean. We weren't as fond of the pool, however. It was clean, but it's extremely small. Like, REALLY small. Also, it's in a weird location right next to the bar's outdoor seating area. (But not in the cool, you-can-order-drinks-as-you-lounge-at-the-pool kinda way.) The pool is behind glass and it was hard not to feel like we were on display as the bar folks sat on the other side of the glass with their business suits and martinis, etc! Pool size/location aside, the hotel was otherwise wonderful! The staff was really very friendly and we enjoyed our stay here. We would definitely come back, but we just wouldn't bother with our swimsuits next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

When traveling with your pets, you can't beat this place or the price. This is the 2nd aloft hotel that we have used. Both are consistent in their upbeat vibe, cleanliness and room layout. The rooms are small, but well designed. The beds are comfortable. Each room has a flat screen with premium cable channels. The only negative is the lack of bathroom privacy. This hotel had a full bar and a skilled bartender. It also offers a good food selection. For the money, I have not found a better chain. I highly recommend this aloft properties.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay experience. We would agree that not only are we one of few 'Pet Friendly" hotels in our area, we offer some of the most attractive rate plans that meet all of our guests needs. We are working hard to make sure our WXYZ bar experience is attractive and would also agree that our Mixologist does a grea job serving and our food offerings are more than adequate for our travelers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Decided to give this hotel a try for Valentines Day. Very trendy furniture in lobby and rooms. Great bar and lounge area with pool tables. Nice flat screen tv in room with stylish furniture. Definitely a good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I can't begin to say enough positive things about my experiences at the Aloft Dulles. I'm a frequent guest of hotels due to the nature of my profession, and the Aloft Dulles exceeds my expectations each and every stay.
The team members are beyond great; They are absolutely exceptional! With an uncanny knack of placing you at ease at the end of a long and stressful day, they go out of their way to make you feel welcomed, appreciated and well looked after. The rooms are clean, fresh and smart.
At the Aloft Dulles I can always look forward to friendly smiles, warm greetings and outstanding customer service. This is my #1 choice home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The design of the room was cool. It had what you needed and had modern touches. There were some scuff marks on the walls and I wasn't a big fan of the communal (like in a fitness club's showers) shower gel and shampoo, but it was fine for the price.

However, I felt like I had checked into a youth hostel or a dorm. I had to wait at the front desk (since the kiosks didn't work) for the attendants to come out from the back room (one of whom was still there when I checked out in the morning, and was playing ping pong in the lobby with one of his friends). When they finally came out to the desk to check me in, one attendant told me I looked tired (and not in a sympathetic way!) and the other announced my room number so loudly, I'm certain the entire lobby heard him. Ordinarily I don't think about the age of the people who work at a front desk, but here, it felt like this was these people's summer job and they weren't taking it too seriously. The walls of the room were also super thin - I had the baseball game on TV and could still hear what sounded like a college party in the next room - and both elevators had blankets up on the walls like someone was moving their household goods into the hotel. When I checked out, I asked for a receipt since I had just handed over my credit card, and I was told since I direct billed (through Hotwire), I couldn't get one. Which is not acceptable to me.

I get that a Aloft hotel is not a real W hotel, but I expected a higher level of professionalism from this staff and a bit better maintenance of the facilities. I'd stay at Aloft again - just not this one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy the Aloft experience. We are a unique hotel that offers our guest space outside of the normal. Our environment is very eclectic, hip and modern and our talent is comprable.

Most of our guest 'try us" and appreciate the unique experience. I hope that you will do the same, as we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I’m sure this was a great place when it opened 5 years ago but since then it looks like everything has gone downhill, they have not put a penny into anything to say its frayed around the edges is an understatement. Checkout my picture of the main lobby furniture and of the large square settee without a back or arms I took a close up of one of the corners of this settee and you will see this is indicative of the condition of the rest of this hotel, the room rugs were filthy the place is dirty. When I tried calling down to the lobby for a wake-up call no one would answer the phone never again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am please to share since your visit we have upgraded our lobby funiture. We would agree that after 5-years our property is showing normal "wear and tear" and we are working to improve and upkeep our hotel.

Thanks you once again for your stay and comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ralph Shorter

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!